Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Post-game thread: Skins at Seahawks.

Art

For the good of the sport, I'm glad the Skins lost.

The offense stinks. They were painful to watch for MOST of the season. Never did they seem dominant.

They were simply not a playoff calibre offense. It's a wonder that they were even in the playoffs.

The defense is wasted on this team. Too bad, really.

Get some receivers other than Moss. Get some depth at o-line. Time for a new Q-back. Thanks Brunell, it's been.

The only way Gibbs will ever win big in this league is if he gets the players needed to return to smash-mouth football.

Wow....are you SURE you're a Skins fan? I mean every post you have is always so negative!

Okay, I can see I need to wait 24 hrs for all of the newbies with their knee jerk reactions to chill out before we can get some serious discussion around. Stop hating on my team. They played well, and not all the breaks went their way! Thats what happens in football- homefield advantage, extra week of rest 9.5 pt favorites- the hawks did what they were supposed to do. I dont think we should pile on, the skins, we should be thanking them!

Some of you Brunell haters need to lighten up. He got you this far, he did not hold you back. Does anyone honestly think that Ramsey or Campbell would have won the last 6 games for you? If you lose any one of those games, you're watching the Cowboys in postseason.

Congrats to the Redskins for a good season. I was on this board in the preseason, and I think most of you would have been ecstatic had you known the team would go 10-6 and make the divisional round of the playoffs.

I agree with your assessment o Brunell, he did help us get this far, but he does not need to play next season! Good luck and Congrats to the Seahawks, maybe they will make it to the Superbowl!

I love my 'Skins! We had a great run, thanks Joe for a great season! Our defense was stacked again this year and always kept us in the fight. No one expected us to make the playoffs, much less beat Tampa, or give Seattle a run for their money.

As far as tonight's game, just a couple things. We're I'm from we have this saying, "You dance with the one who brung ya." And it just seemed to me that tonight we tried to find a difference dance partner. Where was the pass rush, where was all of our pressure? I was really disappointed with their performance tonight. Don't get me wrong they did a great job and kept us in the fight, but it just seemed that they just didn't "BRING IT" tonight.

As for our offense, well obviously we have QB issues, and our QB needs more than two targets, Moss and Cooley are great but they can't be the only pass threats.

I will always love the 'Skins!!! They gave us an awesome season, I hope that this is just the beginning of many great things to come!

And to all you Seattle hags, go soak your heads. You're "#1" team with a weeks rest barely held off a battered and bruised #6 seed wildcard team, and they barely covered the spread. I thought we were supposed to get killed, I thought we were supposed to get slaughtered. Now look who's battered and bruised, good luck next week, you'll need it!

:seahawksu :seahawksu :seahawksu

:logo: :helmet: :logo: :helmet: :logo: :helmet: :logo: :helmet: :logo: :helmet: :logo: :helmet: :logo: :helmet: :logo: :helmet: :logo: :helmet: :logo: :helmet:

:point2sky :point2sky :point2sky :point2sky :point2sky :point2sky :point2sky :point2sky :point2sky :point2sky :point2sky :point2sky :point2sky :point2sky :point2sky :point2sky

Seahawks fan, here.

Congrats on a really good season, Redskin fans. You got it turned around. You got the coaching, the defense jams and I guess some more offensive tools (which I am quite sure Gibbs will address this offseason) and you guys will be around for quite awhile. Feels good to have your franchise on the right track, huh? I know it finally feels good to me.

Incidently, in Seattle we give very much credit for our turn around to our new President of Football Operations, Tim "Tight Radio" Ruskell.

Thanks for a good season. I got to tell ya that I knew in my heart that we were going to the playoffs at the beginning of the season. I also knew that we were going to lose this game today. Scrol14, I'm with you, Brunell has had his day. We are so ready for Campbell. Next year Super Bowl. Thanks again to the entire team for a hell of a ride. Can't wait until next year. I love you guys. HAIL TO THE REDSKINS:point2sky :applause: :logo:

Great ending to a great season.

We became "a team" this year.

We traveled to Seattle with a beat up team from the Tampa game to play a team in crappy weather that had last week off, ... and we almost won. If Hall hit that field goal, the last drive would have been engineered differently because we would have needed only one score. We could have still lost on top of it, but my point is that we were only a play or two away, against steep odds.

The referees;

Pass interference on Jimmy Farris? Puh-lease!!!!!

Holding on Samuels? Conspicuous timing for that to be called.

As for those who hate Brunell ...

Who do you want in there? ...Ramsey??? I like Ramsey as much as the next guy, but he wouldn't have brought us to the playoffs this year. Maybe next year he'll be ready to step in, but this year our best QB was easily Brunell. He should have made the Pro Bowl, (although I admit that's because the NFC has only a few decent QB's.)

Excellent adjustment to the playcalling this game. I wish we had opened it up sooner.

Our late season surge shut a lot of people up.

The defense got the Skins here to the playoffs, not Brunell. Go back to the NFL site and look at the numbers on all the games. THe defense carried Brunell for most the season and in the Tamap game!

If you think our defense got us to this point soley then you are an idot!

The entire team got the wins to advance us to the playoffs. YES we rode our defense in the playoffs, but the season was a success because we had an offense that scored points. You metnion looking at the numbers, well we are in the top tier in offense and defense. PLUS WE had a running back who broke the redskins single season rushing record, and a wide receiver that broke the redskins single seaon receiving yards record. But the defense carried us the entire season....

What an idiot! :doh:

I commend the team on a GREAT season. This was a tough game and the officiating didnt help us out either. But all in all just a great effort by the team and I cant wait until the offseason and the draft so we can fine tune some things..

Go Skins!

Okay, I can see I need to wait 24 hrs for all of the newbies with their knee jerk reactions to chill out before we can get some serious discussion around. Stop hating on my team. They played well, and not all the breaks went their way! Thats what happens in football- homefield advantage, extra week of rest 9.5 pt favorites- the hawks did what they were supposed to do. I dont think we should pile on, the skins, we should be thanking them!

I agree with this.

I have my own thoughts on this game and the end of our season, but I'm going to wait till tomorrow when the dust setles. And all the knee-jerk reactions stop rolling ing in, and all the naysayers that we haven't heard from in months (and now suddenly decide to show up) go back under thier rocks so we can get some real, serious discussion going.

HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!!!! It's been a great season. :cheers:

Archived