Extremeskins

WP: Barry Tested Positive for Cocaine Use In the Fall

China

Barry Tested Positive for Cocaine Use In the Fall

Drug Check Ordered After Tax Case Plea

By Yolanda Woodlee and Carol D. Leonnig

Washington Post Staff Writers

Wednesday, January 11, 2006; Page A01

D.C. Council member Marion Barry tested positive for cocaine use in the fall in a drug test ordered by a court after he pleaded guilty to misdemeanor tax charges, according to two sources familiar with Barry's case.

Barry, who served four terms as mayor and was elected to the Ward 8 council seat in 2004, has since begun treatment for drug use, the sources said, but Barry's failure to pass the mandatory drug test puts him in legal jeopardy.

Because he violated the terms of his release, Barry, 69, faces an increased risk of serving the maximum 18 months behind bars -- rather than probation -- for his failure to file tax returns for six years. He is scheduled to be sentenced Feb. 8, but a federal judge could jail him or sanction him at any time.

Click on the link for the full article

He won't get locked up now, the test was months back. He should have been locked up then. Anyone still think those young men who robbed him were helping him with groceries. Too bad D.C.'s court jester also used to be the king.

That's assuming that there actually was anyone who believed they were helping him with his groceries... :laugh:

I hope he gets locked the hell up.

Can't keep running for office from jail, can you?

If people like Al Capone could run their organizations from jail, Marion Barry could hold some DC government position from jail. Hell, he's already done it high on coke, so whats the big deal? I'm sure the job isn't as hard anyway. What do you have to do, sit around, do nothing, don't fix streets, don't pick up garbage on time and snort coke?

Barry in '06!! :doh:

***** set me up!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

They get what they vote for.............. Everyone outside ward 8 said it during the election and now their all head nodding and finger wagging and saying we told you so.

If you don't care, you got the right guy. Cause he wont do that whole

Achieveable dream academy in Newport for yah... he doesnt care.

They get what they vote for.............. Everyone outside ward 8 said it during the election and now their all head nodding and finger wagging and saying we told you so.

If you don't care, you got the right guy. Cause he wont do that whole

Achieveable dream academy in Newport for yah... he doesnt care.

Whats the Achievable dream academy? Teaching kids how to be functional crackheads?

That's great still no rule against ex-cons becoming council members.

In the two years I was a motorcycle courier in DC ('80-'82) I sent Mayor Barry a hundred parking ticket (directly to his office) with a note saying (amongst other things) that I wasn't going to support his drug habit.

That's great still no rule against ex-cons becoming council members.

In the two years I was a motorcycle courier in DC ('80-'82) I sent Mayor Barry a hundred parking ticket (directly to his office) with a note saying (amongst other things) that I wasn't going to support his drug habit.

You knew he was a crackhead back then? How?

Archived