Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The offense... it's Brunell. Continues to be.

Die Hard

Which is presumably why Santana Moss broke the franchise singgle season yardage receiving record and Chris Cooley broke the franchise single season receptions record for a TE.

Exactly. Which is why the team is ranked #21 overall in passing.

Having 2 options in the passing game... and only 2 options in the passing game... which has led to those 2 players breaking team records... isn't a winning argument.

It would be very interesting to compare our passing game -vs- Seattle, as a function of the quality of defenses that the 2 teams have faced.

Can you imagine our stats if we had SF, AZ, and STL twice, and then got to play TN, Houston, and Indy when they're resting starters as Seattle has?

We get the Bears, Bucs, Cowboys twice, Eagles twice, Giants twice, etc.

dang it guys why you got to go talken all that nonsence you now that gibs dont now what hes doing he needs to put in JC Give us that rookie edge you now someone who has never played in a regular season game to win in seatle they will kill us otherwise and have santana play cb for springs

Aren't we in the second round of the playoffs? Wasn't the last time we were in this position 1992 or something? How badly can we really suck if we are at this point? Winning six straight?

I am flat-out shocked at all the whining and griping I am seeing out here since the Tampa game. It blows my mind.

I guess I'm really not surprised to see it from a lot of these simpletons, but I never thought I would see the day when the boss is jumping ship.

dang it guys why you got to go talken all that nonsence you now that gibs dont now what hes doing he needs to put in JC Give us that rookie edge you now someone who has never played in a regular season game to win in seatle they will kill us otherwise and have santana play cb for springs

wowthatwasreallyhardtoreadallbunchedupandallwithoutanypunctuationistilllikedyourposthoughitwasjusthardtoread

Huh????????????

If the idea is that the team will do the opposite of whatever you say, try this one. I posted this before the Tampa game:

I think Brunell's health and how well he plays will be the deciding factor in whether we win or lose. If the defense gets extremely hyped up and goes out there and completely shuts them down, and the offensive line comes with everything they've got, there's a slim possibility we could squeak it out by putting it all on Portis, but I think we're going to have to throw to win.

As it turned out, Brunell played poorly, Portis got injured, and the defense single-handedly won the game by itself. If Brunell doesn't play better against Seattle and Portis isn't 100%, they're going to have to do it again.

MB has to have a good game... he can't throw for 20-30 yards this week... if this is the case pull him and let PR play... I am sure PR will do great knowing that he has to perform well so he can get a good deal when he asks for trade at the end of the season.

If there's a problem with the passing game it's because they have no receivers, not because of Brunell. Offense #11 in the NFL. Portis, #4 running back in the NFL. Moss, #2 receiver in the NFL. They couldn't have gotten there without Brunell. Can someone (and I don't mean Ramsey or Campbell) do better than Brunell, of course. There's lots of good quarterbacks. Is there one on the Skins' roster? No.

Everybody is WAY overreacting to the Tampa game. They had a bad game. On top of that, you give Gibbs a 14-point 1st quarter lead and he's gonna get conservative - moreso than usual. They did what they had to to win, just like the 5 previous games. They're NOT an elite team, they're working for everything they get. They will move the ball and score TD's this week, I'm sure of it.

:doh:

Which is presumably why Santana Moss broke the franchise singgle season yardage receiving record and Chris Cooley broke the franchise single season receptions record for a TE.

:doh: :doh:

Damn it.. the Sky is falling.. We SUCK!! Fire Everybody.. ;)

Archived