Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bubba9497 homer free thoughts on the Seahawk /Skins round 2 game

bubba9497

We will kick their ass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:jk:

Seattle will be our stiffest challenge. They have a dangerous offense, and a good OL. They are on a roll... even against weak teams.. it's a confidence builder.

They have home field advantage, a weeks rest.. (actually more since they pulled players the last couple games), The Skins have to travel 3000 miles west for the first time all season.

The Skins have not had any rest since week 3, and are pretty banged up, and have lost Thomas & Wynn

Now on the positive side

Last game our OL dominated their DL, We controlled the clock and kept their offense off the field for most of the game... and We are more physical and run even more than we did then. Our defense is almost healthy except for Wynn, but Evans has played well in relief. Williams has the defense playing awesome, and are creating turnovers, dominating the line, and smothering the run game, Springs will be back and up to play against the team that didn't want him back.

Gibbs and the offense will be out to kill after all the skepticism this week, The last time the media laughed off the Skins was the poor showing in Arizona, before Dallas.... we know how that turned out.

Holmgren has never defeated Washington, We were the last team to beat them in a game that mattered.

Seattle wants to prove they are not choke artist, and make a statement to the NFL... and avenge the earlier loss.

This is not going to be the blow out everyone expects from Seattle, it's going to be a tightly fought game...

Washington can win, but they have to control the clock, score early and often... and the defense can't give up the big play. It may come down to the special teams, and kicking game.

Right now... too close to call

The Skins have not had any rest since week 3, and are pretty banged up, and have lost Thomas & Wynn

I think the Seahawks will be flat in the first half. They did not play their starters against the Packers and they just sat out last week. That means the starters have sat for 21 days. 21 days! We will hit them like a freight train in the first quarter and never look back. Goodbye Seahawks, once again.

I think the Seahawks will be flat in the first half. They did not play their starters against the Packers and they just sat out last week. That means the starters have sat for 21 days. 21 days! We will hit them like a freight train in the first quarter and never look back. Goodbye Seahawks, once again.

This is the first I've heard this point brought up. I agree. Sure its good to get rest, but 21 days?????? Redskins are hitting on all cylinders, and I agree, I believe we will hit them like a ton of bricks.

Pressure is all on them...we got nothing to lose...

except getting kicked out of the playoffs. :(

I agree to a point though, If the Skins can get an early lead... get the crowd out of the equasion... the Seahwaks will start think... not again, not another first game playoff loss.... then they will start pressing.. leading to mistakes

This has been a great year and I feel that we can beat the Seahawks.......

In truth, win or lose.....this has been an excellent season and a clear cut success.

After the Raiders loss and then going 5-6, I thought another Redskins team with sooooooo much potential and talent had gone to waste.

I was wrong (so glad to be on this one).

I really see something special in this team, I don't know if it's something enough to get to (and win :D ) the Superbowl, but there is something there and I like how this team just keeps fighting.

This is not at all downplaying what the Seahawks are and where they stand.

Yes, they are the BEST team in the NFC......they earned the spot. Doesn't matter who they played, they won those games and got where they currently stand. This will be a tough game and a close one, but the Seahawks are NOT the Eagles of 2004 or the Panthers of 2003 or Bucs of 2002. They are beatable and hopefully it will be us and not the Panthers or Bears that get to them first, we just need to execute and hope they make mistakes.

This game will be tough that is for sure. But I'd like to say that win or lose I am VERY proud of our REDSKINS.:helmet: They have played their hearts out for most of the season. Our team swept the Cowboys, the Eagles, and crushed the Giants at home. Only one loss in the NFC East. Not bad. Also victorious over Chicago and Seattle, both of which are two of the best teams in the NFC. You just gotta love this team.

Go REDSKINS !!!!!!!!! BEAT THE SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!:helmet:

HAIL TO THE REDSKINS !!!!!!! HAIL TO VICTORY!!!!!!!!!!!

BRAVES ON THE WARPATH!!!!! FIGHT FOR OLD D.C.!!!!!!!!! :wavetowel

except getting kicked out of the playoffs. :(

I agree to a point though, If the Skins can get an early lead... get the crowd out of the equasion... the Seahwaks will start think... not again, not another first game playoff lose.... then they will start pressing.. leading to mistakes

...like turnovers!!!

I'm not making any prediction on who's going to win. I have no doubt the team can win, the question is, will they? That's up to them. Seattle's defense is not nearly as good as Tampa's. We should be able to move the ball. Offensively, they're basically a one man show. If we can shut down Alexander, we can win. The defense has shown the ability to stop the run, so whether they can do it this week will be the biggest factor.

The only two things working against a win are the long distance and the injuries. Bottom line, I think it will come down to who wants it more. If the team realizes that this can be their time if they make it their time, make a decision that they ARE GOING to the Super Bowl, and then play like it, it can definitely happen.

Good analysis Bubba, may I add my :2cents: ?

It's hard to get 1800yds and 27TD's no matter who you are playing. However, you can't ignore the fact that the Seachickens played 6 games against three of the worst teams in the NFL this season. That's a cold hard fact. Jason Cole from MSNBC seems to think that we'll finally be exposed. Too bad Seattles offense hasn't exposed a decent defense all season long and our Defense is a lot better than decent.

Key to this game is PRESSURE PRESSURE PRESSURE. We need to blitz Hasselbeck all day long. Gibbs needs to stop letting our defense go into a shell. We blitz early and then pull in the reigns. Our LB's need to crush Mr MVP and show him how the NFC East gets down. This isn't the weak West, we're the Beast of the East.

I will say right now that the Seahawks are not ready for us. The fact that they are well rested will work against them. We are a battle tested team coming off three division and one playoff games where the hitting is hard and non stop.

Some of thier players will not be ready for game speed and not ready for the punisment we are going to lay on them, do they practice in pads like we do? I don't know but that could be a factor.

The advantage for Seattle is getting thier passing game going early and use that to set up the run, The Eagles had some early success against us that way and we had to force some turnovers to get things going our way. Seattle has a good WR corp so that gives them some balance. This will also be the first expereinced QB we have faced in 3 games.

No worries I think the Skins are just hitting to hard right now.

That's my story and nobody cares....

I will say right now that the Seahawks are not ready for us. The fact that they are well rested will work against them. We are a battle tested team coming off three division and one playoff games where the hitting is hard and non stop.

Some of thier players will not be ready for game speed and not ready for the punisment we are going to lay on them, do they practice in pads like we do? I don't know but that could be a factor.

The advantage for Seattle is getting thier passing game going early and use that to set up the run, The Eagles had some early success against us that way and we had to force some turnovers to get things going our way. Seattle has a good WR corp so that gives them some balance. This will also be the first expereinced QB we have faced in 3 games.

No worries I think the Skins are just hitting to hard right now.

That's my story and nobody cares....

hmm your right we have played

eli manning

mike mcmahon and

chris simms

the last 3 weeks. We havent exactly been tested by veterans. I hope practice is keeping them sharp.

bubba your insight is always welcomed:D

Washington can win, but they have to control the clock, score early and often... and the defense can't give up the big play. It may come down to the special teams, and kicking game.

i think that pretty much sums it up...DL is gonna be a huge factor on our side. We gotta force Hasselback into some bad decisions. I have a feeling are Offense won't be very productive ( not because of last week though ). We gotta find a way to get Cooley the ball. It seems we always have big games when Cooley is a focal point

Seattle will be our stiffest challenge. They have a dangerous offense, and a good OL. They are on a roll... even against weak teams.. it's a confidence builder.

i am more scared of the Panthers than the Seahawks. The Panthers actually had to fight for the playoffs and are playing really well now on both sides of the ball

These are a few excellent points because i will give a few stats i havent seen brought up.

1. Score early and often---Gibbs is now 13-0 when leading in the playoffs at halftime!!!:notworthy

2. TURNOVERS! Since 1990, a team that has a turnover margain of +2 or better is 84-6 in the playoffs. I believe after our game it is now 85-6 (may be even more after the other wild card games, i'm not sure)

So, that being said we must move the ball offensively and attack them and put points up with our offense (not that i would mind seeing our defense do that as well, but we need more on offense obviously than in tampa whether or not we were being conservative). Also, our defense has been outstanding lately and has probably forced more turnovers in its last 6 games than any team in the nfl. Let's go skins, i think this game is completely our's for the taking. :2cents:

My thoughts: I believe whole-heartedly that we will win this game. As a disclaimer (I'm sorry) I do not think we will make it to the super bowl if we face the Panters, and I in no way think we have enough talent to win the super bowl. No matter what, great building blocks we arranged this season. Period.

I'll bring up the week season only to accent the hawks game against us, NYG, and DAL. All 3 point games, none decided with any amount of conviction. On paper this leads me to think we are well matched, regardless of a home or away forum. This as intangible that makes a line like +9 underdogs freakin' ridiculous. That's all hype.

Which leads into the cyclic nature of WAS O this year. We are due a huge game and I doubt that we've seen 20% of Joe Gibbs playoff playbook. Our O will establish the run early, (hopefully) never abandon it, and absolutely expose the hawks lack luster pass defense. I see a big air assualt. Moss, Cooley, Sellers, all with TD's throughout the game.

Taking away Alexander. We can do it boys and girls we are not SF, HOU, STL, or ARZ...teams in which Shaun totalled 18 freaking touchdowns. Or LB and DE and playing with conviction, and Shaun shouldn't be able to break for much.

It's important to continue to force the opposing QB into poor decisions as we have been. There aren't too many big names on the SEA wide outs, but they exposed us pretty well the last contest. But wait, on secondary is healthy and more importantly W. Harris will not be starting. I'm thinking a 2ints, 1fumble, 3sacks.

All honesty 31-24 Skins.

Great post as always Bubba. I haven't had much time to keep up with the board since the win because I've had family in town but I've read here and there taht the Hawks seem awfully confident, a lot say overly confident. I love the attitude our team has. We're always confident, but never think a game will be a confident. I loved hearing that the team was happy after the Tampa game, but not overly and already seemed to be focusing on Seattle. We've seen that being overconfident can hurt a team. Perhaps we were overconfident in our loss to the Giants. The cowboys certainly were overconfident before the drubbing we handed them. If seattle is in fact, overlooking us, I think they're in for a rude awakening.

In the first game, we did a good job on Alexander but did give up I believe 2 big runs. Early in the year we were having those problems it seemed pretty much every game. Playing solid D, but giving up big plays. We have definitely fixed that problem. I like our chances if we can contain Alexander, especially with our secondary healthy again to cover their receivers.

Go ahead Seattle, keep thinking you're going to beat us, no problem.

I'm repeating myself, but I'm figuring on needing the kind of game we played against dallas & the ignats the second time around to beat these guys and that's what we'll do. I'll save my worries for other threads, because bottom line: I don't think these guys are done winning yet. I don't mean that in a glib, jingoistic fashion, I mean their attitude will be intense. Beating the Bucs at home is sinking in, and they know they can do it. Seattle may be hungry, but our guys are willing to eat people.

Archived