Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Listening to the press and reading Seahawk interviews...

Burgold

Let's see here. Team A fully rested and healthy at home. Team B fighting for their playoff lives for the past 6 weeks, coming off a tough game on the road, banged up, travelling across country to play in what has become one of the loudest stadiums in the league. I think the rested and healthy team may have a little bit of an advantage there.

I got news for ya.

You will be playing for your "playoff lives" this weekend every bit as much as we will be.

I think a good analogy would be Stonewall Jackson force marching his little army of 17,000 for two days and nights ankle deep mud, and springing on an unsuspecting Union army of 50,000 sipping their morning coffee.

I can just see the mad panic to the rear.

Whatever guys. I watched them all year, like you watched your team all year. There are some things fans know about their team. This is one of those things. I know they won't let their regular season success go to their heads. If you think you know better, that's fine. I was just adding my two cents.

Enjoy the game.

The Skins OWN the Seahawks. Look it up.

Let's see here. Team A fully rested and healthy at home. Team B fighting for their playoff lives for the past 6 weeks, coming off a tough game on the road, banged up, travelling across country to play in what has become one of the loudest stadiums in the league. I think the rested and healthy team may have a little bit of an advantage there.

Please....

The SeaChickens are the softest team I have ever seen.

Look at who they have played this season! They beat up on the worst division in the NFL.

I have little doubt we win this game. I was more worried about the Buc's than the Chix!!

:seahawksu

all this chest thumping by the seahawks is good for us- IF we get a fast start. the air will be out of the bag. I know: look what happened to the Bengals here in cincinnati. the whole place was so hyped up ,and every one bought the hype that the steelers did not stand a chance, that the downer ( carson palmer) was just too huge to overcome. so, let the hawks( players and fans) dwell on their superiority, gibbs and gang will take care of the rest.

Keep dreaming.

The one thing that I can tell you is that this team will not let success go to their heads. They know they haven't won anything yet. They learned from their mistakes last year. They aren't satisfied with just getting to this point, their goal is to win the Super Bowl and nothing less.

You got proof for that?

Considering the fact that Seahawks fans have had to hang in there for almost a generation since their last playoff win I say, go ahead, enjoy this week, enjoy your season, buy the house a round. Nothing said here will influence the game, and in spite of what so many care to say, they WILL still be playing the game Saturday. We'll see, hope you come back afterwards.

Your schedule was weak and you only beat 3 teams with a winning record. ewwwwww I'm shaking, bring it on.

Keep dreaming.

The one thing that I can tell you is that this team will not let success go to their heads. They know they haven't won anything yet. They learned from their mistakes last year. They aren't satisfied with just getting to this point, their goal is to win the Super Bowl and nothing less.

Eagles said the same thing but of course you're going to try to put a spin on it. I am sure they overconfident just like their fans and they think it's going to be a cakewalk.

These players are really getting puffed up. They sound super confident. One might say overconfident. They are being touted as the next coming in the NFC. The 'hawks seem to be sopping it up if you read their interviews in the Post today. I wouldn't mind them getting really big heads. If they do this will be the second Dallas game all over again. They will come out flat and content. Keep going press!

I saw an interview on how one of the keys to their success was their metrosexual middle linebacker shopping for shoes and getting his nails done over their week break... I **** you not this was on espn. If I saw that about a skins player I'd be soooo embarassed.

man if we had that Seasquawk schedule, imagine what our record would be,

14-2, 15-1, most likely 16-0. and Clinton Portis would probably of had 2000

yards. Oh well, we are a tougher team because of who we beat.

I was more worried about TB than this game. I know we'll win this. Anyone

that thinks Seattle is a better team is clearly just looking at the 13-3, not who

they played. SEATTLE FAN, DREAM ON

You guys are so funny. I'll tell you what. I'll come back here after the game Saturday night and see how much you're all laughing then. Ignorance is bliss, and you're all pretty blissful. Enjoy the last remaining days of your overachieving season.

Look bud, if these ARE the last remaining days, then we'll (many of us, at least) sit back and smile for a team that, 1 1/2 months ago, saw LT racing off to the endzone dashing any postseason hopes, only to reel off 6 straight wins and outlast 24 teams in the NFL. We recognize that there are weaknesses with this team, and we see the strengths as well.

My problem with some of you Seattle fans is you assume that your record gives you as much credibility as great teams that have had your record in the past. It's an impressive number, but you can't blame us for dissecting it a bit. JAX had a great record too ... but there was a reason they were doubted and that reason showed up in New England. There are similarities here ... namely, 4 months of "who have they beaten!?"

With 3 out of 4 road teams winning this past weekend, your overconfidence may be misplaced. Just relax, take an objective look at your team, and enjoy some football.

These players are really getting puffed up. They sound super confident. One might say overconfident. They are being touted as the next coming in the NFC. The 'hawks seem to be sopping it up if you read their interviews in the Post today. I wouldn't mind them getting really big heads. If they do this will be the second Dallas game all over again. They will come out flat and content. Keep going press!

Speaking of big heads, don't we all recall Hassel-dork's comment at the start of overtime vs. Green Bay? He probably still thinks he's the man...

I have been here (on ES) since the middle of last offseason. Given your last-year's record and the QB debate among other things, few of you would have predicted how this season turned out for you. And after your midseason slide, same thing. You have come a long way. Congrats on a good season and making the playoffs this far. (Really!)

Some of you have asked how whatzizname knows what the Seahawks think or how they will react. I'll tell you why I'm pretty sure I know what the Seahawks think or how they will react.

For the first time since the mid 80s, the Seahawks are all on one page, working together toward one goal, and watching each others' backs. After last season, when the previous president Whitsett-the-weasel (who knew literally nothing about football) got fired, Paul Allen looked for a guy to replace him who (A) knows football and (B) is a quality individual. Once he took over, he cleared out all the me-first guys, and replaced them with hard working team-first guys. There was no longer any conflict between the front office and the coaching staff the way there had been, now everyone is supporting everyone. This is the first time this has happened since Chuck Knox was coach. The players have all bought into the system and they are focused like never before (well, for 20 years anyway).

I don't expect most of you to agree, or understand, or even treat it like anything other than BS.

Based on posts I read before this season, I think most of you have been hoping for this same phenomenon for your team. It's the success you're having with Gibbs' return, and it's what you were missing during the Spurrier and Turner times.

Precisely why they play the games.

You forgot one piece to your puzzle.. a coach with a ton of pressure on him to win, and who typically hasn't gotten it done in the postseason in nearly ten years.

Oh, and it ain't Gibbs.

So, to dream for a second,, IF the Redskins go into Seattle and win,, is Holmgren fired? Or will they give him another last chance?

~Bang

I definitely think the Hawks have the advantage......at least on paper. Then again many of the last 6 teams the Skins have played have had the advantage, and the Skins still beat them. Despite having to fight tooth and nail for the last 6 games and being banged up, the Skins are so pumped up it's almost like they're possessed. Being rested is important, but I think momentum is more important. The Hawks may very well end up winning this game, but it will be a dog fight all the way!

Archived