Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

bench antonio brown

skinzalltheway

Guest sith lord

Antonio Brown just need to understand when to field a punt and when to call for a fair catch or let it go. I say we keep him in there.

I agree, you just know that he going to make a bad decision. I called that fumble before the kick even occurred. I am not saying put Moss back there for sure but if someone else on this team will make a better decision then by all means put him back there. Now watch Antonio return one and I would gladly eat a whole bowl fulla crow.

Antonio Brown just need to understand when to field a punt and when to call for a fair catch or let it go. I say we keep him in there.

Those are things for players to work on in training camp....not the playoffs!! Every play in the tourney is crucial and this guy has a history of giving up the ball, period. I tried to tell people on here not to get so excited about the kick return vs Ari......the guy is inconsistent and that is the LAST thing you want in the playoffs.

As for the person that says we can't risk hurting Santana on a kick return.......are you serious? It is now do or die time and you put your playmakers on the field. If you don't, you will have plenty of time to work with AB on his ball handling skills ----- it is called the off-season.

God do I miss the days we had the best athletes in the league #28, #30 returning kicks.........now we have one of the most electrifying players in the NFL watching on the sideline while everyone prays AB doesnt drop another one.......

God do I miss the days we had the best athletes in the league #28, #30 returning kicks.........now we have one of the most electrifying players in the NFL watching on the sideline while everyone prays AB doesnt drop another one.......

Please.. Darrell Green returning punts only happened when we NEEDED it, not on a regular basis. That would be a stupid thing to do every punt. Why risk injury to Moss, our ONLY RECEIVER, on such a dangerous proposition???

Please.. Darrell Green returning punts only happened when we NEEDED it, not on a regular basis. That would be a stupid thing to do every punt. Why risk injury to Moss, our ONLY RECEIVER, on such a dangerous proposition???

And a fact that goes forgotten from the glory days of the Skins was that BMitch was notorious for fumbling on punts. Of course he got better with age but I remember him having a case of fumblitis in his early years. AB will be okay.

BOOOO THIS THREAD SUCKS...risking Santana Moss as a PR/KR is definitely NOT worth it!!! Plus Antonio Brown is FAST. He gets a few good blocks and it's to the house with him. Santana Moss is a much bigger threat for us as a reciever and we don't need him damaged returning kicks.

IT seemed like Betts returned all the kickoffs...AB "handled" punt duty. But when you think about, this game against the Bucs could have gone either way and had the Bucs gotten that muffed punt and scored and won, we would all be calling for AB's head right now.

I say we should put 2 guys back on punt and try or fake a lateral.

Those are things for players to work on in training camp....not the playoffs!! Every play in the tourney is crucial and this guy has a history of giving up the ball, period. I tried to tell people on here not to get so excited about the kick return vs Ari......the guy is inconsistent and that is the LAST thing you want in the playoffs.

As for the person that says we can't risk hurting Santana on a kick return.......are you serious? It is now do or die time and you put your playmakers on the field. If you don't, you will have plenty of time to work with AB on his ball handling skills ----- it is called the off-season.

This post makes no sense. Gibbs didn't let Darrell Green, the #28 you mentioned, return punts for the very reason people on this thread don't want to put Moss back there. :doh:

Antonio Brown is an extremely hard worker, and a great athlete. He'll get it together, and everytime he gets good blocking he makes a good return. Frankly, there are alot more serious concerns to worry about.

Please.. Darrell Green returning punts only happened when we NEEDED it, not on a regular basis. That would be a stupid thing to do every punt. Why risk your ONLY receiver on such a dangerous proposition???

I don't know, maybe because he is: a.) sure-handed b.)experienced (and VERY successful as a KR)

Because: c.) Our offense needs favorable field position and we cant depend on our defense alone to give it to us 100% of the time d.) because one AB drop may be enough to end the season for this entire franchise and e.) during the playoffs you give your best athletes as many chances to make a game changing play as possible.

Teams can line up and double team 89 bc they aren't scared of any other WR. However, the only way they can keep it out of his hands on punts is to kick it out of bounds, which 90% of the time is gonna result in us getting good field position anyway....

This post makes no sense. Gibbs didn't let Darrell Green, the #28 you mentioned, return punts for the very reason people on this thread don't want to put Moss back there. :doh:

Antonio Brown is an extremely hard worker, and a great athlete. He'll get it together, and everytime he gets good blocking he makes a good return. Frankly, there are alot more serious concerns to worry about.

DARRELL GREEN BEAT THE BEARS (IN THE PLAYOFFS) ON ONE OF THE MOST MEMORABLE PUNT RETURNS IN NFL HISTORY :doh: :doh: :doh:

Brown's feet are too fast for his body.. if he doesn't have a lane to run through, I've noticed that his feet get happy and seem to make cuts before his body weight is shifted for that cut, therefore he is losing balance and/or slipping on the turf.

Jason Sehorn says its not very risky. DOH!!!

Jason Sehorn got hurt during a PRESEASON game. I don't know about you but I think that is a little different situation than the game which will decide who goes to the conference championship game. Good God people......where are you coming up with this stuff. :doh:

Would I let Santana return punts in preseason.......uh.......probably not :laugh:

I don't know, maybe because he is: a.) sure-handed b.)experienced (and VERY successful as a KR)

Because: c.) Our offense needs favorable field position and we cant depend on our defense alone to give it to us 100% of the time d.) because one AB drop may be enough to end the season for this entire franchise and e.) during the playoffs you give your best athletes as many chances to make a game changing play as possible.

Teams can line up and double team 89 bc they aren't scared of any other WR. However, the only way they can keep it out of his hands on punts is to kick it out of bounds, which 90% of the time is gonna result in us getting good field position anyway....

Risk/reward, dude. Come on, look at the big picture. What if he were to get injured, which is not uncommon on returns? Would you rather get 10 yards of field position every punt and have James Thrash as our #1 receiver, or would you like to have Santana Moss as our #1 receiver?

Moss isn't even that good of a punt returner. I doubt he'd get that much more yardage than Brown consistently anyway.

I've said it before... JAMES THRASH on punt returns, baby. :point2sky

Archived