Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

bench antonio brown

skinzalltheway

Moss is not that feared a returner that the punter will be instructed to kick it out of bounds everytime. It's simply a stupid risk that doesn't need to be made. By the way, I see you didn't respond to the Darrell Green thing. Maybe because Joe Gibbs isn't in agreement with you either.

AB couldn't catch a pass when they hit him in the hands, from the begining. He has fumbled punts left and right. I would rather see Betts handle the kick returns and put AB and JF in for some 3 WR sets. They won't cut him now, but I will be biting my nails if I see him back there for a PR.

Brown's feet are too fast for his body.. if he doesn't have a lane to run through, I've noticed that his feet get happy and seem to make cuts before his body weight is shifted for that cut, therefore he is losing balance and/or slipping on the turf.

True -- but with a man who has a propensity for mishandling balls such as 82, his balance is the least of my concerns. If he cleanly fields a kick and promptly falls down I the release the breathe that I have been holding since the ball was kicked.......:laugh:

Jason Sehorn got hurt during a PRESEASON game. I don't know about you but I think that is a little different situation than the game which will decide who goes to the conference championship game. Good God people......where are you coming up with this stuff. :doh:

Would I let Santana return punts in preseason.......uh.......probably not :laugh:

Why does that matter? He got a season-ending, and career altering injury RETURNING PUNTS. He was a cornerback, he didn't have to be back there whether it was the preseason, regular season, or the playoffs. You are missing the point by a mile. :rolleyes:

I agree, you just know that he going to make a bad decision. I called that fumble before the kick even occurred.

Yeah, that was really hard. When I've been watching the games, I predict he fumbles every time he goes back to receive a punt. Through enough s%!t at a wall and some will stick.

Santana WILL get injured if he returns punts. It happened constantly when he was with the Jets. My prediction is that Antonio, on the other hand, won't mess up in Seattle--he'll want to make up for his mistake too badly.

Moss is not that feared a returner that the punter will be instructed to kick it out of bounds everytime. It's simply a stupid risk that doesn't need to be made. By the way, I see you didn't respond to the Darrell Green thing. Maybe because Joe Gibbs isn't in agreement with you either.

I didn't respond to the DG comment? I didn't say "Darrell Green beat the bears in the playoffs with one of the most memorable punt returns in NFL history"? WOW.

By the way -- half of Santana's rep at the U was earned from punt returns. He was more feared as a returner for most of his career than as a WR there.....

I didn't respond to the DG comment? I didn't say "Darrell Green beat the bears in the playoffs with one of the most memorable punt returns in NFL history"? WOW.

By the way -- half of Santana's rep at the U was earned from punt returns. He was more feared as a returner for most of his career than as a WR there.....

I didn't see the reply until just now, but then again, after seeing it you were better off not replying at all.

Also, since when is it just as easy to field punts in college as it is in the pros. ALOT of really good players returned punts in college, and have yet to do so and won't in the pros. But I guess all of those pro head coaches are just silly for not wanting to take the risk with such important players.

Why does that matter? He got a season-ending, and career altering injury RETURNING PUNTS. He was a cornerback, he didn't have to be back there whether it was the preseason, regular season, or the playoffs. You are missing the point by a mile. :rolleyes:

I am going to officially end our little convo after this message since obviously you don't understand the difference between the importance of a preseason game and a divisional playoff.....I am missing the point? The point is that you take risks in the playoffs that you don't take in the preseason. Why? Because the reward is worth the risk.

I will end with this -- I already told you that Santana was a legendary KR at the U. I know you will come up with some other blanket, ignorant response unless I back it up with stats.....so here they are. Taken directly from the team website....

"Finished the 2000 season with 1,604 all-purpose yards on 45 catches for 748 yards and five TD. Had six carries for 201 yards, two TD, and added 36 PR for 655 yards and four TDs."

we are done

I didn't see the reply until just now, but then again, after seeing it you were better off not replying at all.

Also, since when is it just as easy to field punts in college as it is in the pros. ALOT of really good players returned punts in college, and have yet to do so and won't in the pros. But I guess all of those pro head coaches are just silly for not wanting to take the risk with such important players.

I thought I could walk away but......

I would be better off not replying? Are you telling me that the DG punt return that got us past the bears and into the 87 super bowl never happened? Do you have any idea about anything you are saying?

I would be better off not replying? Are you telling me that the DG punt return that got us past the bears and into the 87 super bowl never happened? Do you have any idea about anything you are saying?

You are really missing the point. That was a DESPERATE situation. If Darrell Green got injured that play, it wouldn't have mattered that season since we were already losing the game. The game was on the line -- that is the difference.

We were losing and we needed something, ANYTHING, to get us back in the game. It would have been monumentally stupid for DG to do it at the beginning of the game. But, we needed a spark at the end, so the risk was worth the potential reward.

Yeah, that was really hard. When I've been watching the games, I predict he fumbles every time he goes back to receive a punt. Through enough s%!t at a wall and some will stick.

Santana WILL get injured if he returns punts. It happened constantly when he was with the Jets. My prediction is that Antonio, on the other hand, won't mess up in Seattle--he'll want to make up for his mistake too badly.

I personally feel that putting 89 back there is worth the risk bc in this game we will have to find a way to make a big play......and somehow I dont see us fooling them with the ol' Santana slip screen :)

Having said that though....I will take James Thrash with a broken thumb over AB

I am going to officially end our little convo after this message since obviously you don't understand the difference between the importance of a preseason game and a divisional playoff.....I am missing the point? The point is that you take risks in the playoffs that you don't take in the preseason. Why? Because the reward is worth the risk.

I will end with this -- I already told you that Santana was a legendary KR at the U. I know you will come up with some other blanket, ignorant response unless I back it up with stats.....so here they are. Taken directly from the team website....

"Finished the 2000 season with 1,604 all-purpose yards on 45 catches for 748 yards and five TD. Had six carries for 201 yards, two TD, and added 36 PR for 655 yards and four TDs."

we are done

I never said Santana didn't return punts in college. Please find a quote where I said this. Furthermore, it doesn't matter. He's too important to be used regularly on punt returns. You mentioned Darrell Green's return again the Bears, but Green was used sparingly and not on a regular basis in that compacity.

Santana was always injured as a Jet, no doubt because of his regular duties as a returner. We don't need that, he's had his best season and is more effective when he's just a reciever.

Now we're done. :)

You are really missing the point. That was a DESPERATE situation. If Darrell Green got injured that play, it wouldn't have mattered that season since we were already losing the game. We were losing and we needed something, ANYTHING, to get us back in the game. It would have been monumentally stupid for DG to do it at the beginning of the game. But, we needed a spark at the end, so the risk was worth the potential reward.

You are absolutely right. But I would also argue that this offense is in an almost desperate position going into this game. We don't score points the way the 87 team did. We are not as explosive or consistent. We need a spark and an AB fumble isn't going to give it to us.

You are absolutely right. But I would also argue that this offense is in an almost desperate position going into this game. We don't score points the way the 87 team did. We are not as explosive or consistent. We need a spark and an AB fumble isn't going to give it to us.

That 87 offense was just as inconsistent as our offense. Sometimes we look like worldbeaters, sometimes we look like last year. However, don't look at the Bucs game as evidence that our offense sucks. We were up 14 points for most of the game. Where is the need to show our cards on offense?

And if you just don't want fumbles, then James Thrash will do that for you, which is what I propose.

And even if Moss were to return a punt early in the game (when the game isn't on the line yet), I STILL wouldn't want him returning punts unless that's the ONLY thing that would win the game.

I don't think Santana for PRs is a good idea either. I don't think he would get many more yards than does AB, at least not enough for it to be a significant difference. AB will have a better game Saturday to make up for his mistakes against Tampa.

I will admit that I do get nervous seeing AB waiting back there...not knowing if he is going to call or run.

Do you read?? :laugh:

Go back and read my reply to your very comment. I'm sure it isn't too far ahead of that post that you just replied to. The very fact that Darrell Green was barely used as a returner, and why, because Gibbs felt he was too important to risk more in that capacity, diffuses your whole argument. THAT is why you were better off not replying.

That 87 offense was just as inconsistent as our offense. Sometimes we look like worldbeaters, sometimes we look like last year. However, don't look at the Bucs game as evidence that our offense sucks. We were up 14 points for most of the game. Where is the need to show our cards on offense?

And if you just don't want fumbles, then James Thrash will do that for you.

I just checked the #'s -- although it was closer than I thought, the 87 offense was indeed better. Passing: 3718yds and 27Tds (87 offense) 3346 and 25 Tds (05 Offesnse) Rushing: 2102/18Tds (87) 2180/15Tds (05)

Having said this, this years team seems to have skewed offensive #'s. So many of those stats came in 4 games: TB, (Dallas and NYG at home), and SF. We have struggled pretty heavily in most of our other games.

Still -- you are right about #83. I would take him over AB in a heartbeat. A great return would be nice, but at this point I will be happy with a well handled punt.

I don't think Santana for PRs is a good idea either. I don't think he would get many more yards than does AB, at least not enough for it to be a significant difference. AB will have a better game Saturday to make up for his mistakes against Tampa.

I will admit that I do get nervous seeing AB waiting back there...not knowing if he is going to call or run.

I get much more nervous about whether he will actually field the punt or not. After his game against the bears I thought it was over for him. Then he comes in and has one return against the Cardinals and people start acting like he is Brian Mitchell or something. I can't watch when he is back there -- literally. My GF told me about the one he muffed against TB last week. I never even saw it bc he scares the crap out of me. Our special teams as a whole are pretty horrible right now but he is definately the weakest link. Evem worse than Frost !!

Those are things for players to work on in training camp....not the playoffs!! Every play in the tourney is crucial and this guy has a history of giving up the ball, period. I tried to tell people on here not to get so excited about the kick return vs Ari......the guy is inconsistent and that is the LAST thing you want in the playoffs.

As for the person that says we can't risk hurting Santana on a kick return.......are you serious? It is now do or die time and you put your playmakers on the field. If you don't, you will have plenty of time to work with AB on his ball handling skills ----- it is called the off-season.

God do I miss the days we had the best athletes in the league #28, #30 returning kicks.........now we have one of the most electrifying players in the NFL watching on the sideline while everyone prays AB doesnt drop another one.......

Amen! Took the words right out of my mouth! :applause: A Brown is a bum. I don't care how fast he supposedly is it doesnt matter if you cant catch the ball or hold onto it

Something I haven't seen yet on here is the stats that Santana has for punt returns this year thus far.

Moss has fielded 7 punts for 40 yards - 5.7 avg, 14 long

Brown has fielded 13 punts 63 yards - 4.8 avg, 16 long.

For the risk of Moss getting hurt by taking punts.. I dont like it. Not unless its the 2nd half of a close game in need of something huge, but will it even work then?

Archived