Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Tired of Bandwagon fans, REPLY if you believe!

H-O-G

I know that after every loss that the redskins have had, the fans on this site acted like Joe Gibbs just died..there has been a lot of negativity in the past, so if you believe in the skins and want to prove your a true fan win or lose, post here!

:point2sky

You have to believe like I told everyone you're not going to win pretty all of the time as long as you win it doesn't matter I take an ugly win over a pretty loss anyday. Just win baby just win using the ole Raiders thing :laugh: :cheers:

yea i agree 2 it seemed like alot of skins fans gave up on the team when we were 5-6 after we beat the cowboys in week 2 like we did i had the feeling that this team could do it....anything is possible....look at us now we beat the bucs on the road and play the hawks in the second round....it feels good for us skins fans that didnt give up

The day Joe Gibbs announced his return, I told my wife:

"His first year, we'll be 7-9." We were 6-10.

"His second year, we'll make the playoffs." We did.

"His third year, we'll be legitimate Super Bowl contenders." We're slightly ahead of schedule.

I'm not a kool aid drinker. I understand that even the great Joe Gibbs makes a mistake every once in a while. But I have NEVER, EVER stopped believing in him or this team, even for a second. If someone can find the thread from when we were 5-6, I was one who believed this team COULD win five in a row. Did I really expect it? Maybe not. But I knew it was a possibility. You can never count out a Joe Gibbs team.

After so many years of complete frustration, I've cherished every minute of watching this team. In the 80s & early 90s, I just figured the Redskins would go to the Super Bowl every three or four years. After a 15-year drought, I fully understand how precious these opportunities are.

Hail to the Redskins. Hail to Joe Gibbs. And Hail to the best fans in the league.

I have been a fan practically since birth. I stayed a fan through the Turner era. That in itself proves my loyalty and love for this team.

I believe we are moving in the right direction and making strides. I am worried that we don't have all of the pieces yet, and that may stop us before reaching the SB this year. But, if anyone can design a master game plan with missing elements and make it work, it is Joe Gibbs.

I have faith in this team. I believe that the Skins can go into Seattle and get a win.

I don't understand negative threads after a win but have come to expect them around here. It is funny when you read posts one week that say "Brunell should have been in the Pro-bowl" and the following week "Brunell should be cut now!" - and it is from the same poster. There are many examples of this - can't please everyone I guess.

I am extreemly happy with the way the season has turned out! Off to Seattle for 7 in a row.

I'm with ya!

The past 10 years have been filled with alot of frustration for skins fans. But it seems this year, while there are times you want to bang your head against the wall, there is some sort of "karma" that is following this team. I believe this is what a leader brings, an attitude that you can, and should win every game. Norv Turner couldn't push this, Marty couldn't push it, and Steve Spurrier certainly couldn't push it. It's heart...and I think this team has tons of it. Even in the face of LaVar's yapping and ST's spitting.

I believe we beat Seattle, win at Carolina, and on to the Super Bowl.

Please direct me towards the official definition of a "True Fan" and where it says that there is only a finite # of fans allowed to cheer for a team. I've always felt that the more the merrier. Even if some of them are here only temporarily. Instead of seperating we should be uniting. Go Skins!

Please direct me towards the official definition of a "True Fan" and where it says that there is only a finite # of fans allowed to cheer for a team. I've always felt that the more the merrier. Even if some of them are here only temporarily. Instead of seperating we should be uniting. Go Skins!

exactly...

plus where are all these bandwagon fans you speak of? I must have missed something

I never lost faith becuase i never give up until it's mathematically over. With that said, I did get upset with gibbs at times, but that's becuase when he was great with us before, I wasn't old enough to truly understand all the great moves and play calls that he was doing. Now that I have seen it at a more mature age, I appreciate what he has done and realize that I should trust him with everything.

Archived