Extremeskins

Using Accurate Thread Titles

Tarhog

A sampling of thread titles from the current frontpage:

Question?

Why didn't...

Michael....

I bet...

Please try and describe what your thread is actually about when posting one. Its true we can scroll over the title and hopefully get some sense of what the threads about, but we shouldn't have to. And even that sometimes doesn't help :)

Its not the biggest issue in the world, but then again, how hard is it to actually give us a clue with the title? Not very.

Thanks!

Thank you! There's nothing more frustrating than coming to ES and trying to get a sampling of the latest and to have to click on a lot of the 4,364 new threads created in the previous 24 hours just to find out what the actual topic is!

Then again, I guess if I could just read ES 24/7/365 and not work, eat, sleep then I MIGHT be able to keep up with it all! :doh:

Too true man. Too true.

BTW, is there any truth to the rumor that you're filing a lawsuit against the guy who recently registered under the name "Tazhog?"

It could be worse. I could be Die Hard - he has a sound-alike every week or so :)

DIEHARD

Diehard

Die! Hard!

DiEhArD

Die-hard

and so on......

because gently urging the masses to improve their methods beats removing and censoring at will.
i suppose, yet the clutterinmg gets to some people, the good threads started don't get seen and vanish too quickly becuase there are 4 new threads every second... there need to be a per day limit on thread postings or something like that. or only people with like 500 posts can start threads or proportioned threads per day to post numbers like 1 thread a day for 50-100 posts or 2 a day for 200 posts. or even a mandatory 50 posts before you can start a new thread so people only start threads when its a good topic? just a (edit->)[couple] ideas, what do the moderaters reading this think? any feedback?

A sampling of thread titles from the current frontpage:

Question?

Why didn't...

Michael....

I bet...

Please try and describe what your thread is actually about when posting one. Its true we can scroll over the title and hopefully get some sense of what the threads about, but we shouldn't have to. And even that sometimes doesn't help :)

Its not the biggest issue in the world, but then again, how hard is it to actually give us a clue with the title? Not very.

Thanks!

Gee! sorry didnt mean to cause a problem.:notworthy

Will try to think before typing for now on. I started to type the question in the thread heading but thought it was to long,figured when you drag your mouse over thread the whole question would come up! Thought I would get a answer quick and that would be that. Again sorry. Wont ever happen again.:logo: Hail to the REDSKINS:logo:

Gee! sorry didnt mean to cause a problem.:notworthy

Will try to think before typing for now on. I started to type the question in the thread heading but thought it was to long,figured when you drag your mouse over thread the whole question would come up! Thought I would get a answer quick and that would be that. Again sorry. Wont ever happen again.:logo: Hail to the REDSKINS:logo:

Again, we're not talking about a cure for cancer here :)

I could've picked any day, any thread titles and found plenty of examples, so if one of those was yours, not a felony or anything.

Just think its worth mentioning occasionally.

Again, we're not talking about a cure for cancer here :)

I could've picked any day, any thread titles and found plenty of examples, so if one of those was yours, not a felony or anything.

Just think its worth mentioning occasionally.

No problem if any of us can learn a thing or two about being a good and accurate poster here, then there is no offence taken. I am learning and can take criticism. Even a 7 day banning for not following the rules! lol.

I think the board is a great extension of all the fans and it's fun to read the threads they are as diversifide as the fan base itself.

So I mean it when I say thanks for any correction that I need, after the 7 day banning, I read the rules for posting on this site. Must have missed this one.;) :logo: :( It was RULE number 8, I missed:( . again SORRY!:notworthy

thats harsh, just trying to help....:(

That wasn't harsh at all. Ask anyone who's familiar with me. That was a quick hint.

***Harshness Warning***

You've been here 9 days.

9 frigggin' days.

Everything you had just tossed out has been discussed ad nauseum. Had you bothered to actually look around instead of just treating the board as your personal microphone, you might have seen those threads as they keep getting bumped up.

Perhaps you'd be better off not just posting the first thing that popped into your head. Perhaps not.

Perhaps you'll figure out how to look & see if a topic is already being discussed & post your thoughts there within. Perhaps not.

Perhaps you might need to post less & read more in order to get a better feel for community that has been built here over the last five years, instead of just kicking in the door & grabbing the first beer you see, takin a swig out of it & then realizing it belongs to that really big dude standing next to it. Perhaps not.

Perhaps you need to really read through this thread : Moron thread & really understand what is being said within it.

Perhaps you need to do the same with this thread : For our newer members...........To go along with Bangs "Moron" thread

PostsTotal Posts: 225 (24.31 posts per day) Find all posts by skinfan13Find all threads started by skinfan13

ok look, i get it, i went a little crazy the first 2 days but i understand now, if you bothered to look i have only 1 new thread in the past 5 days, don't be such a prick i get it now and i just wanted to throw an idea out there (notice how i POSTED it instead of a new thread?!) so get over that fact that im newish, i just wanted to fit in and i get it now. i get it, i get it, i get it, no need to be rude and inconsiderate, what would Gibbs say about your last post huh? remember before you answer hes a good christian man who believes in priciples of character, he says we're the best fans in the NFL, don't step all over what he says with how you act to others, thats the problem with america, everyone is extreme and callus now, what happened to respect?

We could eliminate 50% of all threads if we ban the words Lavar Arrington. It has to be the most worn out subject in the world. I was elated to see them starting to lock them down. We all need to mind the rules, and one of them is be aware of how many posts you create. This board could be a lot cleaner if everyone just followed the rules and guidelines. Think about it. Just a thought.

Let me take a second and thank the mods here for all they do... as the Redskins do better, there are bound to be more members...

I know I did a faux pas yesterday I think... Fox mentioned Extremeskins.com and I came and posted... when I went to type what they said I inadvertently hit the tab key and it posted.... I went in to edit the post and just then, my electricity went kaflooey... wasn't off for long, but by the time I rebooted my computer and could get back in, the thread had been closed because of lack of info..

Part was my excitement about hearing the board mentioned.. part was this darn laptop keyboard, which I hate... and part the electric gods that shut me down for a bit.

I had no problem with the thread being closed... but I do apologize for the"brief" nature of the initial post and the fact I couldn't get back in time.

ok look, i get it, i went a little crazy the first 2 days but i understand now, if you bothered to look i have only 1 new thread in the past 5 days, don't be such a prick i get it now and i just wanted to throw an idea out there (notice how i POSTED it instead of a new thread?!) so get over that fact that im newish, i just wanted to fit in and i get it now. i get it, i get it, i get it, no need to be rude and inconsiderate, what would Gibbs say about your last post huh? remember before you answer hes a good christian man who believes in priciples of character, he says we're the best fans in the NFL, don't step all over what he says with how you act to others, thats the problem with america, everyone is extreme and callus now, what happened to respect?

Perhaps one day you'll understand 'tone', because you clearly don't get 'it'. Perhaps not.

....... if you bothered to look i have only 1 new thread in the past 5 days, don't be such a prick i get it now and i just wanted to throw an idea out there (notice how i POSTED it instead of a new thread?!)
....... problem with america, everyone is extreme and callus now, what happened to respect?
:doh:

Another helpful thread for newbies: THE RULES.

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/announcement.php?f=24

8. Please use descriptive and accurate subject titles for your posts. Adherence to this rule assists visitors in utilizing discretion when selecting content to read. It also serves to notify members if a particular topic has already been posted and discussed, and potentially prevents multiple threads being started on the same topic.

Or you could just call the people that provide this site for you pricks. Also from The Rules:

5. Please be respectful of your fellow members.

Archived