Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ok....Time to put Ramsey in

Da_Truth

This is the playoffs. Our Defense is playing lights out. Man I am so proud of these guys. Without Springs and Taylor with all the chances we gave the bucs to come back and tie that game, the defense held its own. But something is wrong with Brunell. We need a healthy QB to start aganist these playoff teams. We need to go with Ramsey. He has the arm to zip the ball in tight spots and hes only going to be throwing on 3rd downs :D How could he be even worse than Brunell?

* Springs, Rogers, and Walt in Seahawks game. Gotta love it

*Edit... Ok seriously. This is the last post im gonna post in this thread. But after reading this entire thread, some of you people are the dumbest and biggest ass kisser Redskin fans I have ever talked to on this board. I want Brunell to do good. Thats what you people dont understand. But if I see him having a chance to spoil our chances in the playoffs when he is obviously hurt then im gonna express my opinion. So dont come up here saying stupid **** like "Oh, So you think you know more than Gibbs." My post had nothing to do with Gibbs if you could read. Speaking of ass kissers. Here is a classic example: Remember last year Gibbs first year back? We all knew Brunell was horrible. Well the funny thing is after about 5 or 6 weeks me and a couple of other fans on this board was saying that Gibbs was making a big mistake leaving Brunell as qb and GIBBS needed to take him out. You guys went nuts LMAO. " YOU DONT KNOW MORE THAN GIBBS SHUT UP!" . "GIBBS HAS 3 SUPERBOWL RINGS NUFF SAID". "GIBBS KNOWS WHAT HE IS DOING, BRUNELL WILL BE FINE". ............Here's the funny part. After Gibbs finally benched Brunell the same people were saying " I KNEW SOMETHING WAS WRONG WITH BRUNELL". And the all time favortie quote, " ITS BRUNELL FAULT". The Redskin fans I meet whether be on the streets, in college, or in stores seem to have a mind of their own. But alot of you people on here are Stupid. You dont have your own feelings and your own mind. Your mind and feelings is what another man mind and feelings are. Like I said before, IM ROOTING FOR BRUNELL. I always have rooted for our starting qb, but this is the playoffs. This isnt a colts offense where you need a Peyton Manning. This is a power run offense. The qb doesnt have to do much. Brunell is hurt plain and simple. And if it takes a playoff lost for you people to finally say something than you are pitiful.

ps.... And I dont want to see you same people start to piss and moan if Brunell cost us to lose in the playoffs like he TRIED to do yesterday if it wasnt for the defense. BE GOOD and lets start Keeping it real and not being such homers. Go Skins!

Totally disagree! Give some props to the Bucs D. They arent too shabby. The entire offense was shut down to include the line and backs. I would look for our offense to rebound well and look to redeem themselves, but face it, Joe is going to take this team to the Super Bowl on the backs of Greg Williams Defense and Clinton Portis! With that said, I have more confidence in Ramsey now if Brunell were to go down with an injury, but until that happens, stick with the horse that brought you there! HTTR!

I am like you i believe any other quarterback in the league gives us a better chance. But then again brunell does come up with big runs and big plays when we need it.

Also its not like we played againist alot of chumps the buccaneers are the toughest defensive team in the league and they proved it today. Brunell will do better next game and so will the redskin offense.

Also we like to play these games where its a defensive struggle for some reason we seem to come up on top.

So i agree with you and i kind of disagree. No matter what gibbs and williams are leading the team so we must stick behind every move they make.

Nooooo way. Keep this team together. Do NOT disrupt their unity. Brunell has played poorly since the injury but will play better next week. This was the #1 D in the league and Brunell will be healthier.

Brunell has been money for us. Dance with the one that brung you.

Some of you people are unbelievable. Brunell has led this team to its greatest season since 1999 and now you want to bench the man?

You are unbelievable. Have you even watched the last 7 games ? If you had, you will clearly see that Brunnel has done nothing to get us here. The Defence, Portis and Moss are clearly the ones who have gotten us here.

For lack of calling MR.GIBBS AND BRUNNEL NAMES.......THEY BOTH SUCK.

Play calling sucks, Quarterback sucks, Mobility sucks, should i go on.

I have said if from the start of the season as soon as Gibbs did nothing in ref to his play calling to bring us into the 21st century and his pick of Brunnel over Ramsey that we were washed. Thankfully our D, PORTIS AND MOSS have come through for us. YOU KNOW IT, THEY KNOW IT AND EVERYBODY ON THIS BOARD KNOWS IT.

For us to even have a chance we better change up our play calling allot better and also get that has been QB out of there. He will lose games for us. PERIOD

your kidding right? they aren't the #1 defense in the nfl for nothing, man. This defense is all speed. Brunell had an off day. O.K. next week he will light it up because seattle isn't even above the top half of the nfl in defensive rankings. they are #17 give me a break!

Nooooo way. Keep this team together. Do NOT disrupt their unity. Brunell has played poorly since the injury but will play better next week. This was the #1 D in the league and Brunell will be healthier.

Brunell has been money for us. Dance with the one that brung you.

That's the point---you don't keep the team 'together' by LOSING the next game because of incompetent QB play.

And who brung us is the D, Portis and Moss. I give Mark daps for his earlier year deep passes.

But it's pretty clear either injuries or general fatigue or Ds catching on he blows.

I was told last week by JimmiJo that Mark would be healthy and have a better showing.

if Ramsey played the same, we know what this board would be like. Biggest bunch of ____ hyprocrites in the world.

Brunell may even have been necessary earlier this year. He has had almost nothing to do with the winning streak and in fact, he is going to wreck yet ANOTHER season unless he pulls his head out of his butt and either gets healthy or grows a pair.

your kidding right? they aren't the #1 defense in the nfl for nothing, man. This defense is all speed. Brunell had an off day. O.K. next week he will light it up because seattle isn't even above the top half of the nfl in defensive rankings. they are #17 give me a break!

How many times are we gonna stand around and say BRUNNEL HAD AN OFF DAY.

Come on..............

When it became clear to Gibbs that we could win this game via the defensive effort, he effectively decided to put shelve the offensive gameplan. There were some new things that teams hadn't seen this season, but they were not employed because, quite frankly, it wasn't necessary. Gibbs went conservative on the play-calling to save the stuff for next week. You'll begin seeing it next week. We'll have to jump on early and often on the Seahawks. They have a high-powered offense that is light years ahead of the Bucs, so we'll have to score more than 17 to win.

Oh, and next week's officiating crews are likely to be: Pete Morelli (we're in trouble), Bernie Kukar, Walt Coleman, and Bill Carollo. I'll post the official assignments early in the week. Trust me, we do NOT want to see Morelli.

Dont worry about your thread man it is interesting to some redskin fans but you cant please others.

This guy thinks its the dumbest post in the world but he spends time to write about it. Also brunell does seem to be hobbling around like byron leftwich.

Thank you. I really didnt care what he said. I just believe that our OFFENSE will be better with a healthy QB when it comes to playing these playoff teams. I can deal with a qb who have stuggled like Brunell did today but he is clearly not healthy. Thank God for the Defense.

When it became clear to Gibbs that we could win this game via the defensive effort, he effectively decided to put shelve the offensive gameplan. There were some new things that teams hadn't seen this season, but they were not employed because, quite frankly, it wasn't necessary. Gibbs went conservative on the play-calling to save the stuff for next week. You'll begin seeing it next week. We'll have to jump on early and often on the Seahawks. They have a high-powered offense that is light years ahead of the Bucs, so we'll have to score more than 17 to win.

Oh, and next week's officiating crews are likely to be: Pete Morelli (we're in trouble), Bernie Kukar, Walt Coleman, and Bill Carollo. I'll post the official assignments early in the week. Trust me, we do NOT want to see Morelli.

So, you are saying that gibbs awful play calling since the 2nd quarter was for reasons of thinking we had the game in the bag. ARE YOU KIDDING. Man, talk about really off the wall. You should be banned from this board.

I totally agree. This is the NFL's #1 defense. How cool is that? The worst offense we have played in years beats the #1 defense.

Brunell needs our no. 2 receiver to step it up. Damn! Taylor Jacobs let the guy intercept the ball. Has he ever heard of running back to it? Has no fight in him at all. Like Antonio Brown, Jacobs will be watching the 06-07 Redskins from home on Direct tv.

So we take out Brunell who got us to the playoffs on a 10-6 record and insert Ramsey, who has no experience in the playoffs, has not played an entire game this season, and has a knack for throwing bonehead INT's? All because Brunell had a hard day against the #1 D in the league, playing on a bum knee?

Are you really being serious?

Brunell's most valuable skills are his ability to manage games, his mobility, and his experience. Those are characteristics that Ramsey completely lacks at this point.

Ramsey will get another shot to prove himself in the league someday. I really believe it. But the time for that is NOT next saturday in the playoffs against the #1 seeded NFC team.

the worlds dumbest thread

I am tired of idiots like this guy. This a forum where free discussion should take place. Everyone is entitled to his own opinion. No I am not suggesting posters to start actually dumb threads such as "Fire Joe Gibbs" and such but this is a valid point. It is obvious that Brunell's injured MCL is seriously affecting his play.

Archived