Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ok....Time to put Ramsey in

Da_Truth

ur right, but let the guy speak his mind. I am a huge Ramsey supporter and have always been (look at the history of my posts).

Dont say that, say this.

Exit, write our book

LIsten , I would like to apologize for calling anyone names or offending anyone on this board . I am just as passionate as any of you guys or girls out there . But , that doesn'tgive me the right to be ignorant myself . So , I apologize if I offended anyone OK!!

This team has strapped brunnell on its back and carried him to its greatest season since 1999. He isnt capable of leading 1st graders to the water fountain anymore. :doh:

LOL. Brunell got a good sense of humor. I saw him on NFL NETWORK and he knew he sucked in this game. He was joking on his performance today saying how he got offensive player of the game or something....

LIsten , I would like to apologize for calling anyone names or offending anyone on this board . I am just as passionate as any of you guys or girls out there . But , that doesn'tgive me the right to be ignorant myself . So , I apologize if I offended anyone OK!!

There ya go, buddy.

When it became clear to Gibbs that we could win this game via the defensive effort, he effectively decided to put shelve the offensive gameplan. There were some new things that teams hadn't seen this season, but they were not employed because, quite frankly, it wasn't necessary. Gibbs went conservative on the play-calling to save the stuff for next week. You'll begin seeing it next week. We'll have to jump on early and often on the Seahawks. They have a high-powered offense that is light years ahead of the Bucs, so we'll have to score more than 17 to win.

Oh, and next week's officiating crews are likely to be: Pete Morelli (we're in trouble), Bernie Kukar, Walt Coleman, and Bill Carollo. I'll post the official assignments early in the week. Trust me, we do NOT want to see Morelli.

It was the same brunewll that was horrible last week except for 3 long passes. He has had trouble throwing the ball since before his knee in the Gianst game.

When it became clear to Gibbs that we could win this game via the defensive effort, he effectively decided to put shelve the offensive gameplan. There were some new things that teams hadn't seen this season, but they were not employed because, quite frankly, it wasn't necessary. Gibbs went conservative on the play-calling to save the stuff for next week. You'll begin seeing it next week. We'll have to jump on early and often on the Seahawks. They have a high-powered offense that is light years ahead of the Bucs, so we'll have to score more than 17 to win.

Oh, and next week's officiating crews are likely to be: Pete Morelli (we're in trouble), Bernie Kukar, Walt Coleman, and Bill Carollo. I'll post the official assignments early in the week. Trust me, we do NOT want to see Morelli.

It was the same brunell that was horrible last week except for 3 long passes. He has had trouble throwing the ball since before his knee in the Gianst game.

From Montilar of CPND (who nicely sums it up, I have been too lazy to present a stats package)

"During the 6 game winning streak, including today's playoff game:

NO 200 yard games by Brunell

In fact, only two over 150, and one of those was 156. the last 200 plus yard game was the Tampa regular season game; eight games ago.

Same time period, 9 tds, 6 ints. (4 tds in one game, so the other 5 games gives a 5 td/6 int.)

----

Brunell has only had 200 plus yard games in the stretch from the 2cd game to the 8th game; and that include a 65 yard game. (oh, that's a 4-4 record during that period.)

How many good starting QBs have had THREE sub 100 yard games in one season. (three games of 70 yards, 65 yards, and todays 22 yards.) And that's not counting the 112 yard game or the 122 yard game."

Can not believe this thread was posted...

For some reason Portis did not run the ball much today so the offense's running game was majorly cut. Brunelle did not throw the ball much today due to the fact of TOP was Bucs > Skins by so much it was not even funny. Brunelle faced the toughest defense in the league and outside of 1 bad pass, didn't really do neither a good or bad job considering the lack of touches.

But to do a quarterback switch in the middle of the playoffs would be the dumbest thing you could do unless he got reinjured today which he did not. A move like this would hurt the entire moral of the team and if you noticed by Gibbs putting Brunelle in the Eagles game last week even though Mark was injured, Joe has a tremendous amount of confidence and loyalty that Mark is the route to go for this team.

But to do a quarterback switch in the middle of the playoffs would be the dumbest thing you could do unless he got reinjured today which he did not. A move like this would hurt the entire moral of the team and if you noticed by Gibbs putting Brunelle in the Eagles game last week even though Mark was injured, Joe has a tremendous amount of confidence and loyalty that Mark is the route to go for this team.

I dont like the idea of making a switch in the playoffs either but its something that needed to be done quite a while ago then it would be needing to be done in the playoffs. But we are kind of at a point to where its better late than never...

O.K. Time to put you to bed....

Man you've got a brite future in comedy kid!:silly: That's great, and this thread is plain silly! Brunell is doing his job, so get off his back! There are reasons some of you guys, especially the starter of this thread, are not coaches. Just be a fan and stop saying that the offensive problems (that don't occur on a regular basis I might add) rest on #8's shoulders:mad:. Mark my words...these offensive miscues won't show up in Seattle. We'll be ready Saturday.

HTTR

Totally disagree! Give some props to the Bucs D. They arent too shabby. The entire offense was shut down to include the line and backs. I would look for our offense to rebound well and look to redeem themselves, but face it, Joe is going to take this team to the Super Bowl on the backs of Greg Williams Defense and Clinton Portis! With that said, I have more confidence in Ramsey now if Brunell were to go down with an injury, but until that happens, stick with the horse that brought you there! HTTR!

:applause: :applause:

Correct! Lost in all this offensive woes talk is the GREAT play of the Buccaneer's defense.

I dont like the idea of making a switch in the playoffs either but its something that needed to be done quite a while ago then it would be needing to be done in the playoffs. But we are kind of at a point to where its better late than never...

That's just like last year, when you think of it.

Gibbs waited too long and the season was in the crapper by then (sure, if we won all our games, it wasn't, but it was too deep a hole and the D wasn't creating turnovers like it is now.)

It almost IS too late (except that it's not quite) but it would have been better to go ahead and do it after the Giants game.

Because look at the #s. Mark has been CARRIED by the team. If our D wasn't creating turnovers, we'd not even BE in the playoffs. Our QB had his actual best passing numbers in a time when we were 4-4.

That's just like last year, when you think of it.

Gibbs waited too long and the season was in the crapper by then (sure, if we won all our games, it wasn't, but it was too deep a hole and the D wasn't creating turnovers like it is now.)

It almost IS too late (except that it's not quite) but it would have been better to go ahead and do it after the Giants game.

Because look at the #s. Mark has been CARRIED by the team. If our D wasn't creating turnovers, we'd not even BE in the playoffs. Our QB had his actual best passing numbers in a time when we were 4-4.

I thoroughly agree....When brunnell first replaced Ramsey I thought that Ramsey would regain the starting sport at some point during the KC or Den games but brunnell really didnt play to bad those games. It wasnt till NYG that he started falling apart. At some point over the next few games he should have been pulled and its going to come back to bite us before this season is over.

Wake up Joe Gibbs. Brunnell is horrible. If you don't bench him I hope he benches himself. He is an embarrassment to himself and the team. Everyone saw the one hoppers and over throwing the receivers. This is all shades of last year. If changes are not made we are not getting past Seattle no matter how great our defense is !

Wake up Joe Gibbs. Brunnell is horrible. If you don't bench him I hope he benches himself. He is an embarrassment to himself and the team. Everyone saw the one hoppers and over throwing the receivers. This is all shades of last year. If changes are not made we are not getting past Seattle no matter how great our defense is !

Man you've got a brite future in comedy kid!:silly: That's great, and this thread is plain silly! Brunell is doing his job, so get off his back! There are reasons some of you guys, especially the starter of this thread, are not coaches. Just be a fan and stop saying that the offensive problems (that don't occur on a regular basis I might add) rest on #8's shoulders:mad:. Mark my words...these offensive miscues won't show up in Seattle. We'll be ready Saturday.

HTTR

Ok... You want to call me out. There are some reasons you are a dumbass. Just be a poster and dont throw shots at me. And yea... Good thing I am not a coach as you say because I would sit an injuried player out if he could hurt the team. So I guess ME and Gregg Williams have similarities in that department. Springs was injuried but said he felt fine. Answer: Gregg sits him out and put in a healthy CB in his spot. OUTCOME: DEFENSE WINS GAME.

Now Springs can come back feeling even better next week. For the people who want to call me out go ahead. Im gonna sit back, relax , enjoy this win and you can kiss my ass. Go Skins!!

the only thing wrong with brunell was the #1 D he was against

What was it last week? and the week before? I dont care what defense you are playing you have to be able to gain more than 25 yards. We won this game but if brunnell doesnt improve drasticly then we are in deep trouble. We are winning games with 10 people playing offense right now. How long can we do that?

Plain and simple Brunell is awful no doubt if he doesnt straighten up and fly right we going to get the breaks beat off of us. He has been lucky not good if he was good he would throw to more than two people he is nothing truly. Ramsey is ....... im not sure but I know will win no matter what

This is the playoffs. Our Defense is playing lights out. Man I am so proud of these guys. Without Springs and Taylor with all the chances we gave the bucs to come back and tie that game, the defense held its own. But something is wrong with Brunell. We need a healthy QB to start aganist these playoff teams. We need to go with Ramsey. He has the arm to zip the ball in tight spots and hes only going to be throwing on 3rd downs :D How could he be even worse than Brunell?

* Springs, Rogers, and Walt in Seahawks game. Gotta love it

I swear man you have to be the dumbest !@#$%$#@!#$ on this site.... we just won a playoff game man.... please.... can the brunell benching... im sick of hearing about it and reading it....

sorry to call you a dumb !@@$@#$@ but seriously man come on

Oh, isn't this something. A guy is trying to tell the Skins coaches to sit the QB that is on the team who has won 6 games in a row, and who arguably could/should be in the pro-bowl. Listen, genius, Nativeson, first off it's Sage not Stan, secondly it's Gus not Guss, and third, Brunell is a huge reason we are 2 games away from the Super Bowl. Yeah, his stats weren't great THIS game, against the NUMBER 1 D in the league, so what. Look what he's done over the last five games before that, which got us INTO the playoffs, then try to nitpick. No QB is gonna be perfect, man. We won, be happy, and quit trying to rock the boat. Gibbs is not going to switch QBs in the middle of the playoffs for God's sake. Let it go.

Archived