Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ok....Time to put Ramsey in

Da_Truth

Whoever beieves in putting Ramsey in is smoking crack, brunell doesnt make mistakes and the bottom line in the playoffs is whoever makes the least mistakes and does not turn the ball over wins, bottom line, dont believe me go to ESPN.com and find me a team in the last 10 yrs that has turned the ball over 2+ more than there oponent and won the game===doesnt happen! look at the bucs look at the Giants. Ramsey needs to go somewhere else and throw INTs. Let Brunell do what he does for a few more years and get Campbell some knowledge on the offense and some teaching from Gibbs. Keep our players and team intact ( which means bringing Lavar back) and we have a good shot and being a beast in the NFC for a good few years GO SKINS:cheers:

Some of you people are unbelievable. Brunell has led this team to its greatest season since 1999 and now you want to bench the man?

Whoever beieves in putting Ramsey in is smoking crack, brunell doesnt make mistakes and the bottom line in the playoffs is whoever makes the least mistakes and does not turn the ball over wins, bottom line, dont believe me go to ESPN.com and find me a team in the last 10 yrs that has turned the ball over 2+ more than there oponent and won the game===doesnt happen! look at the bucs look at the Giants. Ramsey needs to go somewhere else and throw INTs. Let Brunell do what he does for a few more years and get Campbell some knowledge on the offense and some teaching from Gibbs. Keep our players and team intact ( which means bringing Lavar back) and we have a good shot and being a beast in the NFC for a good few years GO SKINS:cheers:

It's kinda like you just want to say "put down the crack pipe and walk away."

How could Ramsey do worse? I've got three letters for you INT. While Brunell sometimes throws it away too early, Ramsey forces balls and Brunell is still more mobile than Ramsey. I'm sorry but I'll take the heady veteran over the inexperience any day. :wave: :ciao: to the Giants.

I actually agree with grampi here.

The Bucs D, for anyone who followed the NFL closely, took the #1 ranking from the Bears in the last game of the season because the Bears weren't really playing a meaningful game vs. the Vikes, whereas the Bucs were.

The Bears D has a better playmaking secondary (heard of Vasher and Brown?) and has the DPOY with Urlacher and a damn good pro bowl LB Briggs. And their line is better:

Ogunleye, Tommie Harris, Tank Johnson, Alex Brown

They also had to make up for a rookie Qb and ineffective offense (16.5 pts per game) in a way Tampa didn't.

Sorry, I wish Skins fans would stop being such blind homers. I know it helps calm the worries regarding our offense to say Tampa was the best D but they weren't. By end numbers? maybe. But Tampa's run D had deteriorated over the year. The Bears were simply dominant.

I dont know if Brunell is hurt..... he hasnt been the same the last two weeks that obvious... however, i think at this time it would be a horrible decision to put Ramsey in... i know there is no way that Gibbs will do that... you cant do that after a first round win in the playoffs...

the players all know Brunell.. they have played together all year... it would be devistating to change QBs now.... would Ramsey play and play well... maybe so... would he throw 2 or 3 ints... maybe so.... i think you have to stick with the guy who got us to this point...

You make my point by saying: This is a power-run offense. The QB does'nt need to do much.

Brunell manages the game. He rarely forces passes (although he did yesterday). I can't see Ramsy thriving in that hostile environment. Ramsey makes MISTAKES..CAN'T YOU GET THAT THROUGH YOUR HEAD? Even if we lose at Seattle, "you have to dance with who brung you" I beleive we will run the ball down their throats and our suddenly "turnover machine" defense will be the diffrence. Anyway..did you really think we would be in the SB before the season. This year is all gravy man!

:nana: to the giants.

To Nativeson: Before you start calling people DUMBASS, look in the mirror. That is the stupidest, statement I have ever heard about football by someone I would hope would know about the game since you are talking thrash on this site. What, do you go through the stats every Monday and determine who won the game? Is it all about the bling, bling for you or is there some substance there. That is the most assinine statement I have ever heard. WE WON THE GAME!!!! DO YOU DISCOUNT DEFENSE AND TURNOVERS. YOU SOUND LIKE THE SAME IDIOTS THAT SEE CAROLINA THIS WEEKEND AND SAY..."WOW, THEY'RE GOING TO BLOW OUT THE BEARS." HELLOOOOOOO..DO YOU BELEIVE THAT THE RAVENS WOULD HAVE WON A SB WITH A QB THAT MADE MISTAKES OR DO YOU ONLY REMEMBER ONLY WHAT HAPPENED YESTERDAY LIKE ESPN???? GET A CLUE AND STOP CALLING PEOPLE NAMES B/C THEY DON'T AGREE WITH YOU. I wish Ramsey the best, but what the hell has he done to deserve this loyalty???? GET A CLUE..MORON!!!!!

This is the playoffs. Our Defense is playing lights out. Man I am so proud of these guys. Without Springs and Taylor with all the chances we gave the bucs to come back and tie that game, the defense held its own. But something is wrong with Brunell. We need a healthy QB to start aganist these playoff teams. We need to go with Ramsey. He has the arm to zip the ball in tight spots and hes only going to be throwing on 3rd downs :D How could he be even worse than Brunell?

* Springs, Rogers, and Walt in Seahawks game. Gotta love it

*Edit... Ok seriously. This is the last post im gonna post in this thread. But after reading this entire thread, some of you people are the dumbest and biggest ass kisser Redskin fans I have ever talked to on this board. I want Brunell to do good. Thats what you people dont understand. But if I see him having a chance to spoil our chances in the playoffs when he is obviously hurt then im gonna express my opinion. So dont come up here saying stupid **** like "Oh, So you think you know more than Gibbs." My post had nothing to do with Gibbs if you could read. Speaking of ass kissers. Here is a classic example: Remember last year Gibbs first year back? We all knew Brunell was horrible. Well the funny thing is after about 5 or 6 weeks me and a couple of other fans on this board was saying that Gibbs was making a big mistake leaving Brunell as qb and GIBBS needed to take him out. You guys went nuts LMAO. " YOU DONT KNOW MORE THAN GIBBS SHUT UP!" . "GIBBS HAS 3 SUPERBOWL RINGS NUFF SAID". "GIBBS KNOWS WHAT HE IS DOING, BRUNELL WILL BE FINE". ............Here's the funny part. After Gibbs finally benched Brunell the same people were saying " I KNEW SOMETHING WAS WRONG WITH BRUNELL". And the all time favortie quote, " ITS BRUNELL FAULT". The Redskin fans I meet whether be on the streets, in college, or in stores seem to have a mind of their own. But alot of you people on here are Stupid. You dont have your own feelings and your own mind. Your mind and feelings is what another man mind and feelings are. Like I said before, IM ROOTING FOR BRUNELL. I always have rooted for our starting qb, but this is the playoffs. This isnt a colts offense where you need a Peyton Manning. This is a power run offense. The qb doesnt have to do much. Brunell is hurt plain and simple. And if it takes a playoff lost for you people to finally say something than you are pitiful.

ps.... And I dont want to see you same people start to piss and moan if Brunell cost us to lose in the playoffs like he TRIED to do yesterday if it wasnt for the defense. BE GOOD and lets start Keeping it real and not being such homers. Go Skins!

It seems a lot of folks are overlooking the fact that the Tampa Bay Buccaneers have the best defense in football. Give Def. Coordinator Monty Kiffin credit. He has his guys dictating to the offense. In turn the offense must take what the defense gives them. This is not difficult to comprehend. Leave Brunell alone. He's one of the reasons we've come as far as we have. He has only thrown 11 INTs this year compared to 23 TDs. Get the hell off of his back!

Patrick who?

The Bucs D, for anyone who followed the NFL closely, took the #1 ranking from the Bears in the last game of the season because the Bears weren't really playing a meaningful game vs. the Vikes, whereas the Bucs were.

The Bears D has a better playmaking secondary (heard of Vasher and Brown?) and has the DPOY with Urlacher and a damn good pro bowl LB Briggs. And their line is better:

They also had to make up for a rookie Qb and ineffective offense (16.5 pts per game) in a way Tampa didn't.

Sorry, I wish Skins fans would stop being such blind homers. I know it helps calm the worries regarding our offense to say Tampa was the best D but they weren't. By end numbers? maybe. But Tampa's run D had deteriorated over the year. The Bears were simply dominant.

STOP THE PRESSES!!! An anti Brunell post by Ghost of Gibbs Mcpimpin?!?!? You want to talk about being a blind homer? I can atleast see the 11 Ws where Brunell played you have blind faith in PRAM who has yet to experience winning in the regular season let alone the playoffs.

:doh:

It seems a lot of folks are overlooking the fact that the Tampa Bay Buccaneers have the best defense in football. Give Def. Coordinator Monty Kiffin credit. He has his guys dictating to the offense. In turn the offense must take what the defense gives them. This is not difficult to comprehend. Leave Brunell alone. He's one of the reasons we've come as far as we have. He has only thrown 11 INTs this year compared to 23 TDs. Get the hell off of his back!

Patrick who?

Brunnell has no more than gotten a piggy back ride to the playoffs with this team. If you think he has actually contributed then you are just kidding yourself.... The bears and us must have the best defenses in football right now. Thats the only two teams that really count on the defense for point production because of inept play from the QB position.

Ghost - you usually have something meaningful to say so I enjoy reading what you write, but you missed the point entirely here. Whether the Bears had the #1 D or the Bucs had the #1 D is trivial. What matters is that the Skins were facing a very good defense and thus struggled to move the ball. Gibbs said as much in his press conference today after reviewing the game film with the other coaches.

If you want to say that the Bucs' D had nothing to do with the offense's ineptitude and that the blame rests solely on Brunell, then man, you gotta take off those "I hate Brunell" shades. I'm not sure if that's what you're aiming for, but it sure seems like it.

I will say this though. I think it was you who posted up Brunell's stats over the Skin's 5-game winning streak and that was pretty eye-opening. But my response is still the same. Brunell possesses the intangibles that Ramsey (at this point in his career) lacks. Gibbs said the exact same thing today when asked about Brunell's subpar performances by a reporter. Gibbs said that his plays won't always be pretty, but he'll win you football games. That's exactly what I see when I watch him play.

mark brunnell has had some bad games....but look the guy has got us this far...to bench him would be a bad call....if we win great, if we lose we had a great season anyway....now if we find ourselves in a tight spot on saturday and mark looks a little shakey...then do what you have to do....but to start ramsey would be cold

Oh no,not another ramsey thread...and in the middle of the playoffs where brunell has played tough and hurt and lead the offense to 6 straight wins,great idea...but by time i hit enter to finish this it will prolly say "thread has been closed

i would say Portis and the Defence were 75 percent of that 6 games

your kidding right? they aren't the #1 defense in the nfl for nothing, man. This defense is all speed. Brunell had an off day. O.K. next week he will light it up because seattle isn't even above the top half of the nfl in defensive rankings. they are #17 give me a break!

And he had an off day last week and agaisnt arizona if it had been Ramsey in there throwing 3 interceptions in the first half everyone would have been screaming for his head but since its brunell its ok.

Archived