Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ok....Time to put Ramsey in

Da_Truth

Halleluha Brother I couldn't agree more !!! I got lynched by many of the kool-aid drinkers out there that would jump off a cliff if Gibbs told them to . I love Joe Gibbs and am so grateful that he is back and so is the pride by the players and the fans . The last few years have been difficult on all of us . What you are saying is that Brunell is not physically sound and I couldn't agree more . When you start skipping passes to wide open recievers and hold on to the ball too long than it's time for the other guy . And besides Gibbs says all the time that he is a fair guy . Well , if he is going to pull Ramsey out of the first game in the first quarter because he ain't up to snuff than the same should apply to Brunell . Or Gibbs is fair when it's convienient to him to be that way . Ramsey did prove he is ready to compete in the Giants game which I would remind the kool-aid drinkers out there that we were only leading by 4 points when Ramsey came into the game only to deliever a strike to Santana Moss for a 79 yard touchdown !!!! Remember that ?????

Nativeson has spoken :cheers: :cheers: :cool: :silly: :silly: :cool: :( :cool: :mad: :logo: :point2sky

LMAO!!!! I KNOW RIGHT? I remember people in here when the season first start. Not All, but some. The same people who were saying Ramsey is wayy better than Brunell and saying Brunell was washed up was acting like Brunell was the greatest thing since slice bread after we beat Chicago. Little did they know Chicago has the best defense in the NFL. I dont care what the rankings say.

You want to lose a chance at the title to salve Mark's ego?

When we pulled Patrick, we didn't care about his. WINNING is what I Want.

If Mark looks like he's looked most of the last two weeks he's going to cost us a title.

Everybody on this board wants to win. Most people just think our best chance of winning rests with Brunell, not Ramsey. Considering we have a 6 game winning streak against some fairly tough teams, I think that's a fair assumption.

Brunell's performance today was likely a combination of a number of factors, in this order:

1. Playing against the #1 ranked defense

2. Poor pass-protection from the O-line (and good pass rush by TB)

3. Lack of a run game, esp. with Portis out for long stretches

4. Injured knee

5. Lack of home-field advantage

Considering all of the above, I think Brunell's poor play today is at least excusable. Not to mention that the risk of inserting Ramsey (who is completely unproven) at this point in the playoffs seems astronomically higher than sticking with a proven veteran QB.

Didn't we win 6 of those 7 games you mention?

Some people will complain no matter what.:doh:

Hey there sonny , you're just 24 years old and probably didn't even understand football until you were 18 years old . Jesus , I've got T-shirts older than you !!!! In fact I've been a Redskin fan since before you were born , so do some more research before you come on here condemning anyone for their opinions . Brunell should be the professinal he claims to be and take himself out of the lineup , he is hurting this team . If we didn't have such a superb performance from this Defensive team than we would be kicking cans down the Highway all the way back to DC . And Gibbs still has a lot to learn about putting teams away . You cannot win too many games with a one touchdown lead these days ,"UP HERE !!" as Gibbs likes to retort . Walt Harris is a jerk , somebody kick him in the balls OK!!!1

Nativeson has spoken :notworthy :notworthy :helmet: :helmet: :point2sky :logo: :helmet: :applause:

Nooooo way. Keep this team together. Do NOT disrupt their unity. Brunell has played poorly since the injury but will play better next week. This was the #1 D in the league and Brunell will be healthier.

Brunell has been money for us. Dance with the one that brung you.

Not another Goober kid saying ,"Stay with the one that brung ya'". I have a good feeling that if we do that ,"He'll be the one that hung us !". Also I believe that you are an athaletic supporter after you have the I.Q. to prove it .

Nativeson has spoken:eaglesuck :gaintsuck :dallasuck :cheers: :puke: :puke: :evil: :evil:

Hey there sonny , you're just 24 years old and probably didn't even understand football until you were 18 years old . Jesus , I've got T-shirts older than you !!!! In fact I've been a Redskin fan since before you were born , so do some more research before you come on here condemning anyone for their opinions . Brunell should be the professinal he claims to be and take himself out of the lineup , he is hurting this team . If we didn't have such a superb performance from this Defensive team than we would be kicking cans down the Highway all the way back to DC . And Gibbs still has a lot to learn about putting teams away . You cannot win too many games with a one touchdown lead these days ,"UP HERE !!" as Gibbs likes to retort . Walt Harris is a jerk , somebody kick him in the balls OK!!!1

Nativeson has spoken :notworthy :notworthy :helmet: :helmet: :point2sky :logo: :helmet: :applause:

Please stop posting with such big fonts. It looks like you are yelling and comes off as very rude.

Not another Goober kid saying ,"Stay with the one that brung ya'". I have a good feeling that if we do that ,"He'll be the one that hung us !". Also I believe that you are an athaletic supporter after you have the I.Q. to prove it .

Nativeson has spoken:eaglesuck :gaintsuck :dallasuck :cheers: :puke: :puke: :evil: :evil:

Hey. I may be tired of the Ramsey/Brunell threads, but I am even more tired of the subtle and not so subtle personal attacks that happen with them. Check the rules and guidlelines if there are any questions on why this is a bad thing,( aside from the obvious).

I'm not saying that Ramsey should START the next game, but Brunell has had exactly one good game during this streak in my opinion, the Cowboys game.

And he blew this game plenty of times...with help though...but that interception was so dumb and pointless and should have cost us the win.

He needs to probably play better like he did against Dallas for us to beat the Seahawks. At this point the chances of that happening are really darn low...maybe 35% that he will have a good game.

(including SUCESSFUL last minute comeback drives if necessary)

I don't like his chances...but we will probably win this game somehow. Holgrim does not do well against the Redskins with Seattle for some reason.

It also comes off as very rude when you call people names like "goober." I would think an older gentlemen like yourself would no better, but I geuss not.

I know you are new to these boards so I'll let you in on something: We usually try to remian civil around here.

Totally disagree! Give some props to the Bucs D. They arent too shabby. The entire offense was shut down to include the line and backs. I would look for our offense to rebound well and look to redeem themselves, but face it, Joe is going to take this team to the Super Bowl on the backs of Greg Williams Defense and Clinton Portis! With that said, I have more confidence in Ramsey now if Brunell were to go down with an injury, but until that happens, stick with the horse that brought you there! HTTR!

The Bucs had the best D in the whole regular season, and that was a hard fought game... they [bucs] are/were no pushovers.

That pretty much sums it up.

Who cares about winning games? We need someone who has more "zip" on the ball. That worked out sooo great for the Ravens. How's Elvis Grbac working out?

What the hell is this? Elvis Grbac? He USED to be an OK player.

He's more analagous to a washed-up vet than to a young player who can play.

Plus, maybe you didn't catch today's game or last week's, but he's had little to do with us 'winning games,' as you quaintly put it.

You think this is about "zip" on the ball? :doh:

What the hell is this? Elvis Grbac? He USED to be an OK player.

He's more analagous to a washed-up vet than to a young player who can play.

Plus, maybe you didn't catch today's game or last week's, but he's had little to do with us 'winning games,' as you quaintly put it.

You think this is about "zip" on the ball? :doh:

If you want a more recent example of this, look at what happened to Jacksonville when they benched a quarterback who had won 4 of his last 5.

Or if you want a more familiar example, think of Doug Williams starting over Jay Schroeder.

The bottom line is, stick with the guy who is winning games.

If you want a more recent example of this, look at what happened to Jacksonville when they benched a quarterback who had won 4 of his last 5.

Or if you want a more familiar example, think of Doug Williams starting over Jay Schroeder.

The bottom line is, stick with the guy who is winning games.

You mean the guy who gave them no offense that they replaced with a guy who was injured?

(Jacksonville.)

At the game and thought it was a lousy pass until I watched the replay at home. Taylor "I played for Spurrier at UF" Jacobs made no effort to come to the ball. Barber cut under him and made the interception. I don't think this one was Brunell's fault.

Ummm its pretty much a cardinal rule that you do not throw the ball back acrossed the field.

It was a terrible pass, terrible idea, and not Jacobs fault.

So we take out Brunell who got us to the playoffs on a 10-6 record and insert Ramsey, who has no experience in the playoffs, has not played an entire game this season, and has a knack for throwing bonehead INT's? All because Brunell had a hard day against the #1 D in the league, playing on a bum knee?

Are you really being serious?

Brunell's most valuable skills are his ability to manage games, his mobility, and his experience. Those are characteristics that Ramsey completely lacks at this point.

Ramsey will get another shot to prove himself in the league someday. I really believe it. But the time for that is NOT next saturday in the playoffs against the

#1 seeded NFC team.

Alrighty then!!! Another cianide eating and smoking dumbass on the board heard from . "Brunell had a hard day against the #1 defense in the league , playing on a bum knee??

Hello Dumbass!! He had a hard day with the last ranked defense too !!1 So what do you say now ?? In fact he has had a hard time with every defense in 5 of the last seven games !!! What was the excuse for him then ??

Do you even know why they call this a professional game ? Because professionals play it !!! And if Brunell was a true professional than he would stop holding the team back and sit himself down !!! For the good of the team !!!

Tell me something sonny .... Do you even pay attention to stats ?? Since you don't do this before you spit Dumbass out of your mouth than maybe you should try it and then make your comments . I have a feeling you will embarass yourself , because obviously you don't know poopoo!!

Nativeson has spoken:nana: :nana: :wish: :wish: :secret: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer:

Alrighty then!!! Another cianide eating and smoking dumbass on the board heard from . "Brunell had a hard day against the #1 defense in the league , playing on a bum knee??

Hello Dumbass!! He had a hard day with the last ranked defense too !!1 So what do you say now ?? In fact he has had a hard time with every defense in 5 of the last seven games !!! What was the excuse for him then ??

Do you even know why they call this a professional game ? Because professionals play it !!! And if Brunell was a true professional than he would stop holding the team back and sit himself down !!! For the good of the team !!!

Tell me something sonny .... Do you even pay attention to stats ?? Since you don't do this before you spit Dumbass out of your mouth than maybe you should try it and then make your comments . I have a feeling you will embarass yourself , because obviously you don't know poopoo!!

Nativeson has spoken:nana: :nana: :wish: :wish: :secret: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer:

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE stop with the big fonts.:mad: It is cute sometimes but not for every post. It looks like you are screaming.

Also, you should stop with the namecalling, as it could get you banned.

Sad...I hope you had fun.

Mark Brunell even though he played bad today had in all means a pro bowl type season if the pro bowl really put the best players then he would be in over m.vick who got in on rep. So there is no Ramsey needed becuase MB had under 50 yards its all about if were playing next week or not and we are.

Everybody on this board wants to win. Most people just think our best chance of winning rests with Brunell, not Ramsey. Considering we have a 6 game winning streak against some fairly tough teams, I think that's a fair assumption.

Brunell's performance today was likely a combination of a number of factors, in this order:

1. Playing against the #1 ranked defense

2. Poor pass-protection from the O-line (and good pass rush by TB)

3. Lack of a run game, esp. with Portis out for long stretches

4. Injured knee

5. Lack of home-field advantage

Considering all of the above, I think Brunell's poor play today is at least excusable. Not to mention that the risk of inserting Ramsey (who is completely unproven) at this point in the playoffs seems astronomically higher than sticking with a proven veteran QB.

So many Dumbasses , So little brains!! Poor , Poor Brunell , just give him a chance !! Hello Dumbass , he got a very lucrative contract when the rest of the league wouldn't give dime for him , remember !! Ramsey was a first round draft choice , remember ?? I think we should give our #1 draft pick a chance to do what we thought he would before the front office paraded 3 different coaches and 3 different systems through his head . Yes it's true , Spurrier did his best to ruin the young Ramsey . However , Ramsey survived and has shown that he is not only tough , but , very capable . Am I the only guy on the board that remembers Trent Green or Stan Humphries , or even Guss Ferrotte ? Hell Stan Rosenfelds for crying out loud . Brunell is hurting his team and his teamates with his refusal to face the fact that he makes a great backup at this point in his career . Won't all you Dumbasses feel stupid when Brunell puts in a hole next week that we can't climb out of before Gibbs pulls him ??? Wake the F up you DUMBASSES!!

Nativeson has spoken :puke: :puke: :tantrum: :nana: :tantrum: :wavetowel

Just because Brunell had a good season does not mean that Ramsey could not have had a better one, but that is not really important right now.

All that matter is who will play better and get us the wins. If that is Brunell and we can continue to rely on our defense doing more than our offense and outscoring the oposing team than it might pay off. If Ramsey gives us the best chance to win then he should play at some point before it is too late. I don't know what that point is and I don't think Gibbs does either, but I have a feeling that if we wait too long it will be too late for it to matter.

Some of you people are unbelievable. Brunell has led this team to its greatest season since 1999 and now you want to bench the man?

This team has strapped brunnell on its back and carried him to its greatest season since 1999. He isnt capable of leading 1st graders to the water fountain anymore. :doh:

Wow, even with all your years of wisdom, you still haven't learned to communicate your opinions without resorting to name calling and demeaning comments... that's pathetic. I won't even bother to respond to the rest of what you wrote.

Archived