Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ok....Time to put Ramsey in

Da_Truth

Some of you people are unbelievable. Brunell has led this team to its greatest season since 1999 and now you want to bench the man?

The man got us here with his good decision making. 23 TDs to 10 ints and an 85.9 QB Rating, not too shabby. Doubt Ramsey would have done as well, he averages a QB rating of 73 if you don't count the brief periods he played this season.

Edit: need to add, I'm with FIghting for old D.C.

For all the people who are so determined to turn a blind eye and defend Brunell, I will only say this: If he plays the same way next week that he played yesterday, the Redskins will lose. And I doubt all the Brunell fans would come to his defense if that happens. The point is the 'skins should not put themselves in that position.

For all the people who are so determined to turn a blind eye and defend Brunell, I will only say this: If he plays the same way next week that he played yesterday, the Redskins will lose. And I doubt all the Brunell fans would come to his defense if that happens. The point is the 'skins should not put themselves in that position.

If? Yeah, well and what "if" he plays the way he played the FIVE previous games before today? Will you then quit trying to stir the pot? Gibbs isn't going to bench him. You might as well get used to that. If you've got a problem with the way Brunell played today, you should be taking it up with Gibbs. The play-calling was designed, obviously, to play safe football which is why you didn't see Brunell throwing down field at ANY point today, and which is why Moss didn't have very many catches. Let me guess, you're gonna bash Moss next, 'cause he didn't have a career day? Let it go. We won with an INTENTIONALLY safe offense.

caLook...the fact remains. Brunell is in Ramsey is out. Live with it. Brunell has gotten us to where we are at. Ramsey may have come out strong against the Giants but I highly doubt we would have won today with Ramsey under center. Patrick is a good quarterback and all, but he doesn't do good under pressure situations. Sure Brunell had only 41 yards (technically 25) and an INT. But I am pretty sure that Ramsey would have made more mistakes than Brunell that would have cost us the game. Besides, we won. That says a lot about the character of this team when we rack up 120 yards of total offense, score only 17 points (10 on offense) and are still able to come out on top. We should be looking forward to Seattle and stop dwelling on today's WIN.

i dont think that brunell has faced a D like this this in a while. the bucs D played very well and i think that if we can win against a rank 1 defense then what do you think we can do with a 17 rank defense. yeah yeah i know the seahawks got alexander and hasselbeck. but i dont think that they can do much against our defense. they play in a division with the rams cardinals and the niners for gods sake. so 6 of their wins were extremely easy, no one had any D D at all. the game will be close and i expect a better game out of our offense this time around.

although brunell has played like crap the past 8 games (minus dallas) and me being a huge ramsey backer, i would have to disagree, this isnt the time to be switching up qb's, we need to ride brunell from here on out, you cant just mess up the chemistry we have, after all, we are winning despite his less than stellar play...i still cant stand brunell, although that run in the first quarter was the nicest play from him all game

To sum up this thread for all those who are joining late. a contingent of Redskins fans who are drinking the Patrick Ramsey Kool-Aid are calling for Mark Brunell to be benched.

The one thing I can say in response to this is that none of you are thankfully in a position to actually control the decision making of this franchise.

FACT: The Washington Redskins are 10-6 with one playoff victory with Mark Brunell in 2005

FACT: In 2004 Patrick Ramsey went 3-5 and did not make an appearance in the playoffs*

FACT: In 2003 Patrick Ramsey went 4-7 and did not make an appearance in the playoffs*

FACT: In 2002 Patrick Ramsey went 3-4 and did not make an appearance in the playoffs*

*Ramsey played a significant portion in each of the games and for my purposes I credited him with the W or L whether the NFL would have or not.

In sum, the Redskins are in the playoffs and victorious for the first time since 1999. You want the team to pull a 11-6 quarterback to be replaced by a quarterback who has never made a playoff appearance and has a career record of 10-16. If I took the names Brunell and Ramsey out of the equation you would think I was nuts. I suggest you all put down the Kool-Aid and enjoy the ride, because I am sure Joe Gibbs, Gregg Williams and the rest of the coaches will make the right decision as to who should play for the Redskins next week and give the team the best opportunity to win.

Alright, I'm drunk, and I don't care if I get banned for this post.

SCREW ALL OF YOU, that think we should bench Brunell. WE WON THE GAME. The offense has been better than this, and they will bounce back. It's time to have some friggin faith people. We just won a playoff game today. Get with the program!! We should be celebrating. Brunell got us here, with the rest of the team, and we DO OR DIE WITH BRUNELL. You here me....WE DO OR DIE WITH BRUNELL!!!

Go Skins! (end friggin drunken rant)

How many good starting QBs have had THREE sub 100 yard games in one season.

I can think of one off the top of my head, silly! You should know: Mark Brunell! :laugh:

Perserverance is a virtue. Thou art indeed, virtuous to a fault.

the worlds dumbest thread

Man **** You. Yes, this thread gets a little old, but brunnel was terrible today. He ****ing skipped the ball, skipped the damn ball to santana moss. Their Defense is not that good. They're Good, but not THAT good. we score 28 offensive points on them last time.

My Opinion is to stick with brunnell, no matter how impulsive it might feel to put ramsey in. I think Brunnel must be still hurt, Atleast I hope so, because he sucked today.

Also Joe Gibbs. You Need to do what works.. Toss Right Old Man. That is five yards guaranteed with Portis.

I can think of one off the top of my head, silly! You should know: Mark Brunell! :laugh:

Perserverance is a virtue. Thou art indeed, virtuous to a fault.

I had no problem in the middle of the year with his play, other than his fumbles. That was it. He was using the pocket and stepping up even.

He hasn't in some time. That's it. I just want to win and I think our games are getting tougher and I think he's an OBSTACLE. No way you can watch today's game, ESP with that late pick and say, "yeah, Mark is a reason why we won."

We win in SPITE of what he does.

I had no problem in the middle of the year with his play, other than his fumbles. That was it. He was using the pocket and stepping up even.

He hasn't in some time. That's it. I just want to win and I think our games are getting tougher and I think he's an OBSTACLE. No way you can watch today's game, ESP with that late pick and say, "yeah, Mark is a reason why we won."

We win in SPITE of what he does.

he wins just to spite you :laugh:

seruiously, we won today, partly because he didn't play like chris, see my post elsewhere if you want...chirs made a lot of sharp throws and moved the chains but had a lot of negative yardage, moved his team out of FG range twice and threw the game-killer...tho he's a skilled young QB with good legs and a strong arm...mark palyed better with way worse stats by avoidong such bad plays...and yah i'm counting the INT :)

To sum up this thread for all those who are joining late. a contingent of Redskins fans who are drinking the Patrick Ramsey Kool-Aid are calling for Mark Brunell to be benched.

The one thing I can say in response to this is that none of you are thankfully in a position to actually control the decision making of this franchise.

FACT: The Washington Redskins are 10-6 with one playoff victory with Mark Brunell in 2005

FACT: In 2004 Patrick Ramsey went 3-5 and did not make an appearance in the playoffs*

FACT: In 2003 Patrick Ramsey went 4-7 and did not make an appearance in the playoffs*

FACT: In 2002 Patrick Ramsey went 3-4 and did not make an appearance in the playoffs*

*Ramsey played a significant portion in each of the games and for my purposes I credited him with the W or L whether the NFL would have or not.

In sum, the Redskins are in the playoffs and victorious for the first time since 1999. You want the team to pull a 11-6 quarterback to be replaced by a quarterback who has never made a playoff appearance and has a career record of 10-16. If I took the names Brunell and Ramsey out of the equation you would think I was nuts. I suggest you all put down the Kool-Aid and enjoy the ride, because I am sure Joe Gibbs, Gregg Williams and the rest of the coaches will make the right decision as to who should play for the Redskins next week and give the team the best opportunity to win.

A brilliant analysis utilizing the most important statistic of all, wins. Unfortunalty, some will still stubbornly refuse to be persuaded. Oh well.

You can lead a horse to water. . .

A brilliant analysis utilizing the most important statistic of all, wins. Unfortunalty, some will still stubbornly refuse to be persuaded. Oh well.

You can lead a horse to water. . .

You're right, the QB is directly and solely responsible for wins and losses.

I mean, during Spurrier's tenure, esp in teh second year, we had--G. Williams as D-coordinator and we had guys like .....? on the line, Springs, Sean Taylor?

Oh we didn't?

Canidate at RB?

Oh OK.

What a ridiculous argument that you applaud.

Archived