Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Did anyone else try to reverse karma at the half on Sunday?

GrimReefa

At halftime on Sunday I went upstairs to take a shower to try and reverse the bad karma that was obviously clouding the Redskins.

Now, I'm not stupid enough to think I could reverse the Redskins' fortunes all by myself by showering (I tried to change shirts too, but I couldn't find my Redskins polo...), so I want to know what you guys did to change things up at halftime on Sunday.

And go ahead and admit it, you know you did something...

I have an old burgandy shirt with the block redskins font on it, i swear it is bad luck. i have not worn it since the dallas game winner bomb last year. i don't know why, but i wore it when i watched the eagles game. needless to say, i changed at halftime to one of my standard gameday shirts...the rest is history....

i could not bring myself to burn the other shirt, but it is back at the bottom of the drawer.

:laugh: Grim, I was just about to start a thread similar to this. Because I intended to apologize to the ES community for almost causing a defeat in Philly.

Early on Sunday, I had on a grey sweater over a button shirt. The button shirt was green, a light green, a sea foam green.

Now I don't always wear Skins paraphenalia at home watching on TV or anything like that, but in the past I've studiously avoided wearing anything that remotely resembles the color of the opposing team. Lo, about 3:30 I'm coming out of the bathroom and notice in the mirror the green -verry verry light green, shirt I had on. And I thought come on, you superstitious idiot, it doesn't matter. It's not even close to the Philly green anyway.

:doh: Man what frustrating half. That shirt was getting increasingly uncomfortable. Finally, at a break late in the second quarter, I ran upstairs and ripped that fricking shirt off, and put on a nice burgundy colored T.

Soon after, Lemar Marshall strips Billy McMullen and stops a possible Philly score just before halftime.

Problem solved. Disaster averted.

Anybody else have game day superstitions for watching at home, or at the stadium?

I was watching the game on my nice 60" tv, I just knew i couldnt watch the game on it any longer due to missle hazards aka remote control, so i moved upstairs log onto ES and turned on the trusty old 19" tv. After the ST TD i then moved back downstairs (jinx over) and saw the celebrations on the big screen.

I was over at a buddies house, and he took his Sean Taylor Rookie jersey off, and put on his D. Green 28 jersey. He said he had been wearing the Taylor Jersey all the way through the five in a row, so next week he's gonna wear both, the D. Green under the Taylor.

I started to drink beer out of my frosty redskin beer mug... can't believe i waited til half time!

SHAME ON YOU!!! That beer should have been started at the opening Kick-Off.

I did something as well, but for the sake of not cursing things...I'll keep it to myself.

i was actually in jersey city, nj this weekend with my family for new years. we we all watching the skins game, and for whatever reason, my drunk uncle(fairweather giants fan) decided to put on my skins jacket and hat to piss off all the other giants fans rooting for us to lose. we started to change things around as soon as he put the jacket on. he took it off a few times, we immediately started doing bad, but as soon as he put it back on, ST took her to the house.... he said he wanted to take the jacket back off but my and my dad screamed NO!!!!!

Archived