Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Did anyone else try to reverse karma at the half on Sunday?

GrimReefa

I stood up at the beginning of the 4th quarter and refused to sit back down because things were starting to go well and I didn't want to ruin it. I also had to pee really bad but I didn't go, I waited most of the half. I did the same thing during the cowboys game in week 2 and it worked so I had to hold out again.

I wore the same white on white I have been for 4 of the 5 weeks. The jersey being that of Patrick Ramsay. I also wear redskin contact lenses a 1932 redskin hat, my redskin tatoo ( that I can never and will never take off) and Burgandy and gold under eye face paint. At half time I changed seats and moved my gold embossed redskin football to my left hand.

Man, great thread.

Before the game started, I was ****y, choosing to wear my Redskins' t-shirt rather than my jersey. On games I've wore my Arrington jersey, we've never lost. I told myself before the game though that I wouldn't need it for this game. Needless to say, I got the jersey out at halftime. And what do we do but score immediately on the first drive of the half!

Don't worry...the jersey will be on throughout the playoffs.

I prayed. No joking. I prayed like there was never going to be another football game again unless the Redskins turned it around. I was just so aggrevated that we were letting a nobody quarterback get the best of our pass defense, and we weren't getting pressure on him either. I feel this game alone shows how important pressure on the quarterback is. As soon as it started happening the game did a 180. We looked dominate in the 4th quarter, and just put our foot on their throats and ended their misery.

I turned off the TV, and listened to Sonny & Co from nfl.com.

I'd been watching the Skins from a sports bar, but at halftime of the Arizona game, I went home (and the team improved, and won).

Since then, I've stayed home from the sports bar and listened to the (internet) radio, and they haven't lost a game.

Sunday, I tried watching on TV, under the theory that it was the sports bar, rather than my watching, that was cursed. No such luck. Watching from home appears to be cursed, too. TV off, listen to radio, miracle cure.

Bad News: I intend to be watching the game in Tampa in person. Hopefully, the curse doesn't extend to me watching in person.

I switched from my White Portis replica jersey over to my Burgundy authentic one. Also put on my solid Black hat w/ the script R on it. And as soon as my little girl got home from her grandmothers house (5 yr old who's already die-hard) I had her put on her Portis jersey. Then it all started to come together!

my story has a lot of background, so bear with me.....

my father-in-law finished off his basement to make the sweetest redskins room ever. he finished it after week 5 or so. we lost so many games there, that i decided to start going to my buddy's house starting with the rams game. i wore the t-shirt from my undefeated freshman team underneath my s. taylor 36 jersey underneath my 'skins sweatshirt. i wore that outfit and i watched all the games there after that (except the giants game, had to be home for that one w/ the holiday and all), but every week, i told my father-in-law that if we were losing at halftime, i'd come there for good luck. i kept my word, and went to his house. during a timeout, i went upstairs to give my son and wife hugs and kisses, with one eye on the tv of course. while i was up there, we got the fumble recovery and portis' td. i was cheering with my son, and figured it was good luck. i stayed upstairs until after taylor scored. so you guys can thank me, of course. ;)

Yeah, apparently I have to force myself to sleep through the game. :doh: It sucks, but it really does work. Everytime I'm awake and watching the game, we end up losing or going into a scoring deficit.

For the eagles game, I was up the first half, tracking it via Yahoo's Gamecast. Then realized that I was jinxing the game and went to sleep.

And lo and behold, when I woke up.....Win!

So...I think I'll be sleeping on Saturday. *sigh* The things I do for this team... :point2sky

Archived