Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How do I respond to this???!!!

RonJeremy

this may have been asked already, but did he send this email jsut to you or were there other people he sent it out to?

He sent it to about 20 people other than me. I think he sent it to everyone in his address book. I didn't recognize any of the other email addresses or names.

Wow RJ... first the doctor's visit, and now this :doh:

Seriously I would write back and ask him if he is serious, if he intended it to be a joke. If he replies back that he is serious, I would forward the email to Social Services, etc. You are not obligated to help him yourself, nor are you trained to... trust me you'll feel better if you answer him.

If you don't answer him and something happens... even though you barely know him you'll feel guilty.

Good luck

I tried calling his old work number (only number I had) this afternoon to see if I could get a number for him....they wouldn't give it to me.

I sent a short e-mail two hours before I left from work to him. I didn't get a response by the time I left.

Geez folks...theres nothing remotely funny about getting a message like that. Not sure why the fact that he's a stranger matters? You don't have to get personally involved. It doesn't take much just to say:

'Hey, I don't feel like I know you very well, but I do care and would never want to see a fellow human being hurting like you are. When you are down, and life has dealt you its worst, it clouds your sight. Things are not as dark as you believe, there is good in the world, and it will find you if you step outside and live. Don't give up.'

Something like that at least.

People that depressed don't always just hurt themselves. Keep that in mind.

Its not your responsibility to help, but you never know, a kind understanding word could make a difference. He needs help.

My e-mail wasn't as eloquent as what you said above. But it was along the same lines....hopefully he will respond so that I know he is at least alive at this point. He lives alone, I do know that, but don't know exactly where he lives.

I might try contacting some of the other people in the e-mail header to see if they have talked to him tomorrow if he hasn't responded by then.

Glad you did that, that email was morose, gave me the creeps.

Gave me the creeps too. I read it two hours before posting it because I was stunned...I was reading through a bunch of goals and marketing B.S. for the new year and this e-mail was wedged between.

Hopefully I will hear something positive tomorrow morning when I check e-mail.

Nice that you responding RJ. He must think enough of you that he felt he could include you in this sad email. Another thought was to "reply all" to the email - except for him - and ask others who got the email whether there was anyone close enough to the guy to help him out.

Tough one my brother....as you know I have worked in the mental health field for many years and it sounds like this guy is probably clinically depressed. Someone earlier wrote that he is manic-depressive. Well, you really can't give someone a diagnosis from reading an email so I am just guessing as to what his ailment is. Whether he was drunk or not when he wrote it doesn't matter, something ain't right in his head.

I think you did the right thing. If something happened to him you would feel some guilt. Most normal people would. But, by trying to reach out to him in some manner you are doing the best you can. If he emails you back and you think he needs professional help....shoot me a PM or call me and I can locate some mental health services down your way. It might be a matter of getting him to agree to go to the emergency room or he might need some outpatient mental health services for medication management......

Update:

Got an e-mail back from him this morning. He sorta' regrets sending the e-mail but was depresed about having a bad year and no prospects of a job or any reason to believe '06 was going to be better. He did recieve several e-mails/calls from some of the other people that recieved this e-mail before I did. He said he has agreed to seek counseling for depresssion but doesn't know how he is going to pay for it since he is unemployed and has no insurance.

On a positive note, he said he did get a call back about a job and has a job interview on Friday.

At least he is still alive and has said he will seek help.

Update:

Got an e-mail back from him this morning. He sorta' regrets sending the e-mail but was depresed about having a bad year and no prospects of a job or any reason to believe '06 was going to be better. He did recieve several e-mails/calls from some of the other people that recieved this e-mail before I did. He said he has agreed to seek counseling for depresssion but doesn't know how he is going to pay for it since he is unemployed and has no insurance.

On a positive note, he said he did get a call back about a job and has a job interview on Friday.

At least he is still alive and has said he will seek help.

:applause: Glad to hear it. Keep us updated if you can.

Archived