Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anyone else feel this way watching the Eagles game??

kleese

I can relate! I wouldn't say the game was agonizing, because all the good plays during the game were / are euphoric for me. But I know what you mean. This is why I have to attend the game, if possible. And I prefer a back row, like against the wall in the club, or just below the press windows in the 200 level -- because that way I can stand the whole game. There is too much adrenalin in me to just sit there.

If I was able to actually watch the games I'd be the same way. The comercials drive me nuts too.

Having to click on the game thread and read 500 fans saying Yaa or Boo take a lot away from the game though.

It seems that the live game feeds on the net are going away too. The one I was listening to during the game kept stopping and all the other sites said that because of some legal BS they couldn't play Skins games on the net. As if there are alternatives over here in Japan.

But yeah, I was imagining all the happy Cowboys fans if we had lost and it made me want to puke too. It would have taken away from those 2 wins against them, thats for sure.

I literally almost threw up before the game.

I was THAT nervous.

Watching the Eagles march down the field on the opening drive and get 3pts didnt help. We went up 7-3 and i thought momentum would shift for us for good but didnt happen.

At 17-7 I felt like i was watching the same Redskins that showed up vs. the Raiders and Cards (the team that THINKS they can just show up with the Redskins uniform on and the other team wont put up a fight). We were flat and it didnt look good. Getting that 3pts right before half was HUGE. Being down 7 instead of 10 has to be better for team morale.

I was thinking that Gibbs/coaches were gonna light up the team at half (which it appears the possibly did) and we would play better.

When we were down 20-17 (it seemed forever) I was thinking that all we needed was a momentum shifter....which LM provided. Once we got that int i knew that we were gonna win....just had a gut feeling about it.

Watching ST glide down the sideline with our playoff hopes in his hands....I roared.....an eviction notice may be sitting in my mailbox sometime this week.

Man I can relate. I really don't enjoy watching the Skins games. I love getting ready to watch the games. I LOVE the unbelievable euphoria of victory at the moment we clinch the win. (By the way I didn't even enjoy ST's TD run cause I was sure they would review the play. When the extra point went thru, my jaw hit the ground, and it was then that I started my victory dance around the house). But the games themselves are pure agony. Nervous agony. And of course last Sunday was magnified 10x over beacause of the importance of the game. Why I put myself through it I don't know. But of course I can't stay away. I keep telling myself it's not that important, it's not that important. But on Sat at 430 I will be a screaming meemie. :cheers:

Wow...that's scary. It's like he had a video camera following me around all day. With the exception of occupying himself before the game, (I was "enjoying" a very hungover drive back to Blacksburg from DC after going to a hotel party up there), it's like he was mirroring my every move and emotion.

(By the way I didn't even enjoy ST's TD run cause I was sure they would review the play. When the extra point went thru, my jaw hit the ground, and it was then that I started my victory dance around the house). But the games themselves are pure agony. Nervous agony. And of course last Sunday was magnified 10x over beacause of the importance of the game. Why I put myself through it I don't know. But of course I can't stay away. I keep telling myself it's not that important, it's not that important. But on Sat at 430 I will be a screaming meemie. :cheers:

For a few seconds I thought that Eagles would challenge the play as well, then I realized they had no more timeouts left and since it was still more than two minutes left in the game, the booth couldn't review the play either, so I knew ST's TD would count. Regardless, it was clearly a fumble and TD return. But, like most of you guys, I was a terrible mess up until Portis's 2nd TD and then screamed like crazy on ST's TD return. HTTR. :cheers:

(By the way I didn't even enjoy ST's TD run cause I was sure they would review the play. When the extra point went thru, my jaw hit the ground, and it was then that I started my victory dance around the house).

I know!!! I was standing up just waiting, I couldnt even believe it when the XP went through... it was over!!!!!!!! I then got on the phone and quit drinking!:cheers:

I had faith the Eagles would do stupid things.

Lo and behold... a dumb challenge, a baffling QB switch, and a Jon Runyan haymaker, and that's your ball game.

That was a stupid challenge! Why waste a timeout over two yards. Once Reid sent that desperate message, I knew we would prevail.

Well written Kleese. My woman has me banished to the upper bedroom with a 13 inch set over our 52 inch HD set downstairs. I just get too loud and excited n every play. I agree to this banishement because I live and die on every play. I do miss the big set though.

My experience was eerily similar to your blog. When the Skins went up 7-3 I figured that the 3 points was all the Eagles were going to get. You know sometimes how when a bad team is facing a good team, and they look good driving down the field and score 3 points, and that's all they end up getting the whole game? This is what I was thinking. It didn't take long to realize we were in a dog fight.

And looking at the replays, the Detmer fumble wasn't on the ground for more than a couple of seconds, but at the time, it seemed like 20 minutes. I was screaming "GET IT!" over and over again. Afterwards I kept saying "No review" and when the XP went through, I felt like I was in another universe.

Gibbs is coach and the Skins are in the playoffs.

Is this really happening?

I agree.

Up until the Lemar Marshall interception, that game was not enjoyable from a Redskins perspective. Iggles fans were overjoyed. I had my wife check my heartbeat during the game; up until the Sean Taylor game sealing fumble recovery it was 90 bpm. Within the normal range, yes, but for a 6’ tall, 220 lb. guy with 13% BF who lifts weights and does cardio regularly, it was terrible. The game was affecting me physically so much so that my young wife told me that I needed to stop watching the games because she wanted me to be around to raise our children. :laugh: I told her not to worry, that next week would be different. I just wanted in the playoffs—badly, and now that we are in, I can relax and enjoy the game. I hope that’s the case but I somehow doubt it. Until we bring home another Lombardi trophy I will always be on edge watching the Redskins.

I was definitely nervous... but never gave up the faith. Watched it with my niece, sister, grandniece and her fiance, and great-great nephew (see below)... was definitel nervous.. happier when down by one score at the half, but MUCH happer when we tied it and at that point I turned to my niece and said:

:DMOmentum IS NOW ON OUR SIDE TO STAY!

The rest, they say now, is history.

Archived