Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sally Eats Crow!!

jkam

This is garbage and Sally is hardly eating crow. She's mustering enough courage to give props not to the 'Skins but to but one of their players, Mark Brunell. To be sure, he deserves all the credit he got from the witch. But that's about a no-brainer as congratulating Tom Brady for his Superbowl victories.

Jeez, you sure you wanna go out on that limb, sweetie?

Let's not forget what's she said in the past and the fact that she's failed to acknowledge even one iota of how she was dead wrong and how she insulted us all.

Yeah, you want to give credit where it's due, doll? Start off with this: "Hey, I've got to give credit to the 'Skins and, more importantly, Mark Brunell for forging through adversity and landing a coveted playoff spot no one, including me, thought they'd ever get. Boy was I wrong about them. And to all those 'Skins fan who I laid on for viewing things too fondly from their burgundy and gold glasses, my sincerest of apologies. Yes, this may be the first time I'm eating crow, but I know a thing or two about that since my cooking is so atrocious it tastes like crow. "

You can end it like this: "In closing, I've come to some realization that my place isn't in black and white, it's in the house. I should marshall all the energy I've chanelled in hating the 'Skins and apply that to learning how to become a better woman. You know, being a better cook in the kitchen, maid in the living room, and whore in the bedroom. Well, that last one's not exactly applicable now, but I'm sure I'll hook up with some lucky lady one of these days."

Hey, sally, :finger:

Oh yeah, Happy New Year.

All I can say about her is she is an arrogant heartless *****. I have never read any of her articles (thankfully, or else i would have a heart attack), and she comes off as someone who only cares about herself. Like everyone thought like her. Many people had faith at 5-6. I dont know if she ever liked the skins, but she acted like she was one of us. That she was a true fan and "jumped off the bandwagon" when we were rock bottom.

What a *****.

Also, i know what eating crow is, but why Crow?

Give Credit Where It's Due

Sally Jenkins

Washington Post Staff Writer

Monday, January 2, 2006; 11:23 PM

PHILADELPHIA -- The world is full of weak characters, including my own. It's full of whiners, pessimists, misanthropes, complainers, and dead-enders. And then there is Mark Brunell.

A year ago, his career was dead. A month ago, it was dead again. A week ago, he had a bad knee. But on this night, Brunell was the victorious quarterback of a 10-6 playoff-bound team, and it was time to give credit where it was due, straight to him. He was the one player who had been doubted the most, and he surely personified more than any other what an unlikely and determined effort this was by the Washington Redskins, to win five games in a row to end the regular season.

He wore a brace on his sprained right knee, which was heavily taped. He was unable to practice for four days this week. The creases in his 35-year-old face looked like they had been cut there with a knife. Afterward, there was something stripped down and tough-seeming about him, in his jeans and a black leather jacket. If Brunell wasn't giddy with success, well, it had been a hard night, not to mention a hard few weeks, not to mention a hard couple of years. There were times when he wasn't sure "that I'd ever get another shot," he says....

Rest of it

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/01/01/AR2006010101048.html

Just read it......

Impressed that she actually said this "I made a mistake of my own when I wrote five weeks ago that the Redskins were done for the season."

But really she owes the fans of Washington a bigger apologize then that which she put out.....

She basically laughed in all of our faces 5 weeks ago, and the next time she writes about the skins all she does is make Brunnel out to be no talent but hard working average guy......

It may seem that she is insinuating that the skins are a bunch of hard nosed hard workers.....

I see it more as her saying we have a bunch of average, not very talented players who really just worked hard and got lucky.......

You are a joke Sally

Dear Sally

Nice apology but not enough. You also owe the Redskin fans a big one! Making us out to be like a bunch of low life, nascar like ( nothing wrong with nascar ) simpletons with tacky Redskins lamp shade covers in our houses.

Yeah, you admit you jumped off the bandwagon and now back on, but you see Sally, we ( the simple ) fans are the true fans. In good times and bad, we stick behind our team. If the Skins had lost yesterday, I'd still be wearing my tacky burgundy and gold today.

So Sally, if you want true redemption, in your next column, write a real apology to the Redskins fan base. You may come to see that we are a forgiving bunch of fanatics.

Ok im not a big fan of the praising the "tough" guy because he played through injury(unless the person actually played well). Give him credit for throwing somewhere in the neighborhood of 24 TDs and 9 INTs. If he plays injured and plays great, give him credit. But much like McNabb playing through his injuries, we see what happens when players try to be too tough and really dont help their team at all. There is such a glorification of any athlete who risks future games, and his future career, while in many cases(most even) he hurts his team rather than helps it. Cant we for once praise the guy who decides, im to hurt to play at my best, I dont want to hurt the team, ill sit out. But too often the media just blasts them for being pansies, saying they werent as tough as the guys who played through injury.

I liked it, finally an article where the Redskins aren't attacked by the Post.

Nice that the "home" newspaper finally had something nice to say about the local team.....jeeze :rolleyes:

Nice that the home team has finally had a season worthy of praise.

We get all on the members of the media when they rip this organization, but the truth of the matter is the organization has been downright crummy the last decade and a half. Calling the Redskins a bad team the last many seasons has simply been a case of calling a spade a spade. Praising an organization that has challenged the Bengals and Saints for the dregs of the NFL would be like putting lipstick on a pig (or a hog, in this case). Now that the team is good, we'll be reading good things about them in the paper. And LOL at all you guys who say the media is jumping on the bandwagon. They've been calling a bad team a bad team, and now they'll be calling a good team a good team. That's not bandwagon hopping, that's simply them doing their job.

As for the Post, Sally hadn't written many columns following wins this season, but Kornheiser, Boswell, and Wilbon (to a lesser extent) have been slurping the Skins all season long. Kornheiser said they'd win out and make the playoffs 5 weeks ago!

Sally painted herself into a corner with her chronic dissing of the Skins ... in order to restore her credibility she was ordered by her boss to write this insipid hypercrtical article. What superficial nonsense. The Skins rervitalized because they were basically a well coached team with an abundance of talent e.g. Moss, Portis, Cooley, Betts, Griffin, Marshall, Washington, Springs et al would win with any journeyman QB. To annoint Brunell as the white knight responsible for bringing off a miracle is as simplistic as it is disengenuous. Sally ... take up cooking.

Archived