Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sally Eats Crow!!

jkam

Munch munch munch :cheers:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/01/01/AR2006010101048.html

Sally Jenkins

Washington Post Staff Writer

Sunday, January 1, 2006; 11:23 PM

PHILADELPHIA -- The world is full of weak characters, including my own. It's full of whiners, pessimists, misanthropes, complainers, and dead-enders. And then there is Mark Brunell.

10. When posting anything concerning news articles from outside sources, please include a direct link (i.e., URL) to the origination page/site.

Please paste the URL directly atop the post, above a small portion of the article's text (for example, the lead paragraph or a particular sentence or two) . Such a practice provides credibility and attribution to the source of the information, and allows visitors the option to visit the respective websites. You are responsible for the content you post.

If you are posting a published article from a news source, please title your thread in the following format: "SOURCE SHORTFORM: HEADLINE" (Ex. WP: Redskins Sign CB Shawn Springs). Please see our

'>copyright statement.

I still hate the :censored:!

6. Do not attempt to circumvent the profanity filters.

Let the filters do their job. Veiled profanity is unacceptable. We allow the use of either all asterisks/symbols or not at all. For example "****" and "*&*%$" are acceptable, while "sh!t, “s**t” or “sh*t" are not.

This hardly qualifies as eating crow for some of the more outrageous things she's said about this team. Eating crow requires she address most of the errors she's made, and more, that she apologize to the fans for belittling them for daring to think their favorite team could win some games.

I still hate her. She is still a beached sea cow and her articles are still patchwork throw up from other journalist's pieces, and she sprinkles what she thinks is a warm personal view but is really just her one trick pony style of writing that does nothing but cheapen the good, true things she said about Brunell. She has trash talked the Skins all season long, and doesnt even give the whole team any credit in this article, just Brunell. She is a miserable woman that writes miserable, smoldering pieces of journalistic dung.

It is a decent article, and it is respectable. My skeptical nature has me doubting that it would be written without some of the more pointed members of this site writing and even canceling subscriptions though.

Regardless, though, it's good to read this. With all of our critical injuries, I thought Koy/McMahon had a chance to pull off the upset. We go into the playoffs with potentially no starting CBs which is worrisome. But the important thing, right now, is the first part: WE ARE GOING TO THE PLAYOFFS. It's good that Sally gave us that recognition.

It was due.

How can you not love this team? Quality football players. Quality people. It's such a blessing to be able to watch a team that not only wins, but wins the right way. It's awesome to see them prove the doubters wrong. It's almost like watching your kids' successes.

We've (yet again) taken on the personality of our head coach, and I couldn't be happier about it. It's no wonder Gibbs wanted Brunell here. They're both humble, hard working people with deep faith. And they're both true leaders.

Seeing Brunell's run today gave me chills. It's like a daggone movie. The "old, broken down has-been" stepping up to get the job done...over, and over, and over, and...

I just can't say it enough. Damn it feels good to be a Redskin fan right now.

Sally Sez: "I made a mistake of my own when I wrote five weeks ago that the Redskins were done for the season. They weren't, not by a long shot. For one thing, I didn't take into account the deep competitive nature of their quarterback"

Let's hear her list the many other things she didn't take into account.

Total shock...

I think she has to be the first sports writer I've ever seen that held themselves accountable. She has my total respect now. Great article Sally. You are a class act!!

I am also shocked that she held herself accountable. I don't think that it comes completely from her, but that might be me being skeptical (I explain in a prior post).

To make sure you remember how random, and, really, just wrong she's been, look at some of her other articles. In one, she says the Redskins with Brunell looking uneven are 5-5 and out of the race, so it will the East will be between Bledsoe and Manning. Her slanted words aren't going to change her obvious bias. It will remain, it's been there for awhile, and it is *not* explained by a dislike for management like she's claimed, in my opinion.

This hardly qualifies as eating crow for some of the more outrageous things she's said about this team. Eating crow requires she address most of the errors she's made, and more, that she apologize to the fans for belittling them for daring to think their favorite team could win some games.

Yet and still that was a very nice article.

Good show Sally.

I still hate her. She is still a beached sea cow and her articles are still patchwork throw up from other journalist's pieces, and she sprinkles what she thinks is a warm personal view but is really just her one trick pony style of writing that does nothing but cheapen the good, true things she said about Brunell. She has trash talked the Skins all season long, and doesnt even give the whole team any credit in this article, just Brunell. She is a miserable woman that writes miserable, smoldering pieces of journalistic dung.

So you're saying she attended the Maureen Dowd School of Journalism!

This column was ok but it wasn't the complete "mea culpa" that she should have written. That "Burgundy Colored Glasses" column was ugly.

If you put this column on the scale opposite the "Burgundy Colored Glasses" column, the negativity of that column far outweighs the positivity of this one.

Archived