Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sally Eats Crow!!

jkam

S.J. should be writing for the style section in the NY Times. She has no business commenting on this team.

I would rather never hear from her again than get in an appology draped in a weak analysis of Brunell.

Can you honestly say that her sports writing is legit? I like to think that Wilbon, Boswell and the regular crew could cover any other team in the league b/c they are professional sports journalist. I don't preceive SJ's writing to be that of a professional sports journalist. More like a human interest journalist that really likes sports and tries to write about them. The reason she gets to write articles that stir up emotion is becasue any other effort to observe or comment on the team would be boring.

I'd rather have the space taken up by her article devoted to bra ads.:D

Personally I have thought she was stupid ever since I read this article

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/08/28/AR2005082800964.html

in the article she tries to link Intelligent Design with sports as probably the weakest argument in favor of ID ever published. I mean seriously what the hell is she thinking? The worse thing is that she and the other sports writers are indirectly disgracing the only decent paper in the Southern part of the east coast.

Like Goldie, my problem is she has a LOT more to apologize for than she's gone ahead and apologized for. The bottom line is the thrust of her constant needling of the team and the team's failures is on Cerrato and Snyder. According to Sally, those guys doom us. And when we're not doomed it is incumbent upon her to say, "Hey, whoops."

And this is the problem with TOO many people who laid all blame at the feet of Snyder and Cerrato yet will give them NO credit for any positives from this year. For myself, I'm lucky. I've long said Snyder is a top quality owner we're lucky to have who has done everything in his power to assist as an owner can with his team being competitive. Cerrato has done a REMARKABLE job heading a personnel department for the constantly changing personnel groups he's had to deal with with new systems coming in.

So, since I've consistently credited them with helping and consistently blamed poor coaching -- including LAST YEAR from Gibbs -- for the failure, I have nothing to apologize for. Those who feel Snyder is the devil do. So, start doing so.

There is no contriteness in the article. Just look at the title and read it again, it could have been written 2 months ago and had some facts altered to get it up to date. It is a redemption article for Brunnel, and really says nothing about the struggles the team went through to make the playoffs. My guess is Sally wrote a couple of weeks back and sat on it. I'll wager she doesn't even watch the Skins.

Archived