Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who was/is your most feared opposing player?

melonhead1959

i remember when we could contain Emmitt for 3 and half quarters, we could be up by 6 and he would turn out an 80 yard touchdown run to beat us, the guy had the skins number, but he has all of my respect, he was a heck of a player and even now broadcasting, he's not that bad! he's about the only Cowboy that has my total respect

i remember when we could contain Emmitt for 3 and half quarters, we could be up by 6 and he would turn out an 80 yard touchdown run to beat us, the guy had the skins number, but he has all of my respect, he was a heck of a player and even now broadcasting, he's not that bad! he's about the only Cowboy that has my total respect

No offense here but he never did have an 80 yard TD run in the 4th quarter against us

He did have a 75 yarder in the 1st quarter against us in 1991

Emmit would just consistently move the ball for the Cowboys and move the chains and have number like 28 carries for 132 yards and 2 TD's

We finally did stop him the last game of 2002, which of course we won

I forgot about how Emmitt would do that. For the first 3 quarters he'd have like 18 attempts for 40 yards and no TDs (announcers talking about how Emmitt was shutdown) while at the end of the game he'd have like 25 carries for 120 yards and 2 TDs (announcers talking about how Emmitt had another great game). Emmitt didn't ever break a real long run off of us but it seemed he'd be getting a lot of 15-25 yarders off of us.

I was praying that LT would get his third drug offense to keep him off the field against the redskins. He was just a terror. Ask Joey T. I would say currently, Donovan McNabb when he is healthy I just saw him do to us what Randall Cunningham used to do to us. Run the ball.

I was praying that LT would get his third drug offense to keep him off the field against the redskins. He was just a terror. Ask Joey T. I would say currently, Donovan McNabb when he is healthy I just saw him do to us what Randall Cunningham used to do to us. Run the ball.

L.T. by far.

"Experts" credit Parcells with that streak the Giants had against us but it was more the fear Gibbs had for Taylor. He would put a Tackle, a TE and a RB on him and he would still terrorize. Just dealing with trying to stop him made our offense much less potent.

If the team was more competitive in the 90's I'd might say Emmitt Smith as well but a lot of those big games by him didn't really matter other than start out their streak of wins against us.

L.T was a big part of 2 of our 10-6 teams missing the playoffs and our very very good 1986 team from making it to the Super Bowl after beating the supposedly unstoppable Bears in Chicago. L.T. was too good. We were very fortunate that the 1987 Giants missed the playoffs with Simms out most of the season. BTW, Parcells lost all of his games with the scrubs playing and Gibbs won all of his.

Cunningham, Montana, Dent, Singletary, and Dorsett are also worth mentioning. When I was like 8 or 9 years old Dorsett seemed better than Emmitt ever was for some reason, and that Wilbert Montgomery guy sucked too.

hi all,

from the list provided, Roger the dodger....

but i have always hated his replacement on one thanksgiving day in dallas....the mad bomber.....Clint Longly.....the man stuck it to us for 2 long td passes and beat us that day.....

sticks under my craw, even now :)

:eaglesuck:eaglesuck

Cunningham and McNabb (when he would run more). What is it with the Eagles QBs? The late 80s/early 90s were filled with Cunningham-cursing moments and Donovan brought all of that back. How many times would the 'Skins have the perfect defense called and have one of those guys scramble for a big first down?

That's probably the most aggravating play -- third down, good coverage, QB runs for the first. I think even Eli managed that last week.

Oh, but from that list, Emmitt Smith.

Archived