Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Alright....I'll say it, Ramsey should not be our starting QB.

skinsfan93

Ill tell you the reason he did not stick with Ramsey in the first week of the season. it has a lot to do with our line play. Ramsey would have gotten killed out there the way our line played the first 10 some games of the season. Now our line is much improved the last few weeks. even Brunells pass to Moss was a litle off look at the adjustment he had to make on it. I believe Ramsey brings stuff to teh table that Brunell doesnt and vice versa. Ramsey played one heck of game last week and shoudl be commended for it not trashed.

As for false starts of course when a new Qb comes in theres gonna be confusion on the line for awhile thats just nature of teh game it happened when Brunell came in in the first game also

Personally, i dont think it has much to do with our O-line. I think it is more the QB. Brunell, the more experienced, understands how much time he has in the pocket. mines well just give PR a tent, cause he just camps out in the pocket. Our O-line did looked terrible with PR in, because he never scrambled, threw the ball away when necessary, or dodged would-be tacklers. I think it is no coincidence that our O-line plays fine with MB, but when PR is playing he gets sacked left and right.

I'm not "trashing" Ramsey. I am questioning how people feel so confident about our chances with him as the qb, given the fact that he has not proven he has gotten over the same issues which led to him being benched to begin with.

Why shouldn't we be confident with him starting? The way our defense is playing and considering Portis is running all over people we have reason to be. Ramsey is a good QB in a high risk offense, Joe Gibbs offense maybe not. We'll never know if he could have won more or less games than Mark because frankly that's just impossible. Would he have thrown more INT's than Mark, probably. Would he have thrown more TD's, probably. Bottom line he's part of this team and if he starts Sunday we need to be behind him 100%. Who knew Mark would have played as well as he has this year? Based on last season definitely not me, but he proved a lot of us wrong, thankfully so.

By the way, Mark has been throwing passes behind Moss all season long and he's been scoring why is it such a travesty that Pat threw one?

Our O-line did looked terrible with PR in, because he never scrambled, threw the ball away when necessary, or dodged would-be tacklers. I think it is no coincidence that our O-line plays fine with MB, but when PR is playing he gets sacked left and right.

Wow, you're right, our O-line totally sucked with Ramsey in there. How many sacks did he take? 0? Wow, dude needs to learn to get rid of the ball!

:rolleyes:

Please watch the game and look at the stats. Don't just repeat the same old criticism that somebody else said back in September.

Pathetic... Really pathetic

I have grown tired of these anti-Ramsey threads started by those who claim they support the team (... team being all the players)

Especially, when opinions are backed up by micromanaging everything Ramsey has done and has yet to do in this league.

Pointing out that Ramsey deep pass to Moss was off-target, but leaving out that the same could be said of Brunell's most celebrated passes to Moss this season, is a cheap way to support your point. Let's not pretend that Moss did not have to make adjustments to passes from Brunell as well.

Pretending that Mark didn't fumble, throw picks, or have bad plays in order to trash the other is really getting tired. But I don't want to trash Brunell either.

Personally, I don't like what these threads ultimately do, which is to persuade members of this board to pick sides by trashing one or the other.

It's week 17… The team is one win away from something special… Both QBs have to hand the ball off to Portis… The O-Line has to block… The Defense has to get stops… Special Teams has to tackle… Coaches have to scheme… and Yes, somebody has to complete a pass down field, but unlike some members here I believe both can do the job.

Pathetic... Really pathetic

I have grown tired of these anti-Ramsey threads started by those who claim they support the team (... team being all the players)

Especially, when opinions are backed up by micromanaging everything Ramsey has done and has yet to do in this league.

Pointing out that Ramsey deep pass to Moss was off-target, but leaving out that the same could be said of Brunell's most celebrated passes to Moss this season, is a cheap way to support your point. Let's not pretend that Moss did not have to make adjustments to passes from Brunell as well.

Pretending that Mark didn't fumble, throw picks, or have bad plays in order to trash the other is really getting tired. But I don't want to trash Brunell either.

Personally, I don't like what these threads ultimately do, which is to persuade members of this board to pick sides by trashing one or the other.

It's week 17… The team is one win away from something special… Both QBs have to hand the ball off to Portis… The O-Line has to block… The Defense has to get stops… Special Teams has to tackle… Coaches have to scheme… and Yes, somebody has to complete a pass down field, but unlike some members here I believe both can do the job.

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

Well said! This team is on a high and don't need the naysayers bringing them down. Hail to the Redskins!

Exactly right. Ramsey put the ball where Moss could make a play but the defender couldn't. Thats really all you can ask a QB to do with a deep throw, especially your backup who is comming in mid-game without taking many snaps with the starting offense.

And another thing, for those who want to see Ramsey traded this offseason, him leading us to the playoffs these last two games will beef up his resume and increase his trade value. Win-win situation.

:point2sky

I'm not "trashing" Ramsey. I am questioning how people feel so confident about our chances with him as the qb, given the fact that he has not proven he has gotten over the same issues which led to him being benched to begin with.
All I know is that I saw Ramsey checking down and throwing the ball away and not forcing it into double coverage. His TD pass to Moss was thrown in a place where only Moss had a chance to make a play on the ball, since Will Allen was doing his best to run by Moss again and the safety wasn't in the picture. These things make me think that Ramsey has changed, maybe not by a lot, but he is learning.

His two timeouts didn't look good, but I believe that those alignment issues will go away as he gets more snaps.

skinsfan93 swimming in the haterade again. You'd think Ramsey banged his wife or something.

:laugh: Ramsey's not married is he?

In general, I am a very optimistic poster on this board. If you don't believe me, look at my posts. However, I will say that I have been very pessimistic when it comes to Ramsey.

Believe it or not, I will root for him if he is our starting qb this Sunday or beyond that. I am just not convinced on his abilities as a NFL qb.

I'll tell you why!

#1 Patrick Ramsey is a "great" QB.

#2 He has proven himself

#3 Just because Gibb's pulled out Ramsey in favor of Brunell does not make Ramsey a bad QB.....just that he felt more comfortable with a seasoned vet.

#4 When Ramsey was pulled out in favor of Brunell...he was not having a bad day!...and oh yeah playing against the #1 Rated "D" in the National Football League "Da Bears"

#5 Has gone through so much in this orginazation metally and physically and still smiles as nothing has happened and takes it as a positive.

#6 He was our starter and knows the Redskin playbook and teamates.

#7 Support your Players.

#8 Watch the first game again before talking about it.

#9 Watch the games.

#10 Santana Moss.

#11 I forgot Brunell has been flawless this year:notworthy

#1 Patrick Ramsey is an "ok" QB.

#2 He has NOT proven himself. has yet to have more TDs then INTs in a season

#3 Just because Gibb's pulled out Ramsey in favor of Brunell does not make Ramsey a bad QB(3!!!!! turnovers, first 3 posses, not to mention preseason).....just that he felt more comfortable with a seasoned vet.

#4 When Ramsey was pulled out in favor of Brunell...he was not having a bad day!(3!!!!! FRIGGIN turnovers, first 3 posses)...and oh yeah playing against the #1 Rated "D" in the National Football League "Da Bears"No excuse for a pro, so its okay to blo when playin "Da Bears"...crap

#5 Has gone through so much in this orginazation metally and physically and still smiles as nothing has happened and takes it as a positive.Agree.. But boo whooo doesnt win FOOTBALL GAMES

#6 He was our starter and knows the Redskin playbook and teamates. LOL, anyone who doesnt kno the playbook or teamates shouldnt be on the team

#7 Support your Players.Agreed

#8 Watch the first game again before talking about it. okay and?

#9 Watch the games. point? PRs been on the Bench

#10 Santana Moss.Agreed

#11 I forgot Brunell has been flawless this year what Qb in the history of the NFL has

I will support Rams but how many chances do u get. he has yet to prove himself, spurrier ruined his career i was so impressed with him at first. Hopefully he can get it together.

most of our first downs are due to MB scrambling buying time, rams is a statue in the pocket however MB looks as though he locks on to one or two recievers (going to a couple of games other reciever ie farris and ta Jac have been open just not thrown to) If Pat can see the whole field and be a lil more accurate i think he can light it up. Only if gibbs can trust him cause remember last year it took awhile for gibbs to open the playbook up with Pat (he's not a good decision maker. doesnt "protect the football")

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Y do pple say that cambell needs another year to learn, unless ur name is joe Gibbs u shouldnt make mute comments. From what i can remember during preseason everyone said the cambell looked better than both PR and MB. they said he had a cannon and was deadly accurate. what is sittin on his ass another year gonna do for him?? Dont give me the if he was good he would be ahead of PR on the dept chart. look at tom Brad he was backing up Bled-hoe willie parker(stealers RB) was friggin 3rd string!!! just because cambell is 3rd string does not mean he isnt ready.

NOT saying we should start him just wondering why pple say he isnt ready and havent even seen him play.:logo:

This is what bothers me most about these kind of threads. False information and/or straight up lies.

#1 Patrick Ramsey is an "ok" QB.

#2 He has NOT proven himself. has yet to have more TDs then INTs in a season

He never had a season with more INTs than TDs except for last year, when he had to come off the bench twice and try to salvage games. Take out the Giants game when he was literally forced into a hopeless situation, and he has the positive ratio you seem to think he never had.

#3 Just because Gibb's pulled out Ramsey in favor of Brunell does not make Ramsey a bad QB(3!!!!! turnovers, first 3 posses, not to mention preseason).....just that he felt more comfortable with a seasoned vet.

#4 When Ramsey was pulled out in favor of Brunell...he was not having a bad day!(3!!!!! FRIGGIN turnovers, first 3 posses)...and oh yeah playing against the #1 Rated "D" in the National Football League "Da Bears"No excuse for a pro, so its okay to blo when playin "Da Bears"...crap

How about when Drew Brees threw three interceptions against us. No excuse for that, he should be benched. Or how about Mark Brunell. He had four turnovers against the Buccaneers. Five turnovers against the Cardinals. I guess he sucks, too.

This is what bothers me most about these kind of threads. False information and/or straight up lies.

He never had a season with more INTs than TDs except for last year, when he had to come off the bench twice and try to salvage games. Take out the Giants game when he was literally forced into a hopeless situation, and he has the positive ratio you seem to think he never had.

How about when Drew Brees threw three interceptions against us. No excuse for that, he should be benched. Or how about Mark Brunell. He had four turnovers against the Buccaneers. Five turnovers against the Cardinals. I guess he sucks, too.

Last i checked drew and mark were proven Qbs. O im sorry Qbs that have to salvage a game should be allowed to throw 3 INTs in the REDZONE! As a pro its okay to do so :doh: Please dont give me that take out method crap its Irrelevant bottom line he had more INTs Than TDs hence the offense struggling hence the 6-10 record. not sayin it was all PR fault but look how a joe gibbs offense is run when the QB is functioning (Winning record).

dont make it look like im bashin Pat, son.. Where is the false Info "He never had a season with more INTs than TDs except for last year,"

u actin like the man is a vetran that won superbowls and went to countless probowls

Where is the false Info

Your false info is in saying that Ramsey has never had a season where he had more TDs than INTs. And then you also went onto say that there are no excuses for pros to commit three turnovers in a game, only to followup with excuses for Drew Brees and Mark Brunell.

:doh:

Look, nobody here is not supporting the QB of the skins. People are just looking at this realistically.

What I want to know is, how has PR proven himself...at all? One could say he hasnt been given the chance, but hey its hard to argue with brunells 22TDs and 8(?) INTS.

The thing with ramsey is that the trust is not there for one reason or another. Everytime he throws down field i bite my lip and hope i dont see a corner snap an INT. With Brunell, there is a reassurance with his experience and accuracy.

Also, brunell and gibbs are closer. I have an inside source that sees them get breakfast on saturdays together most weekends. (im really tight...:rolleyes: )

Im bookmarking this so if Ramsey gets to play and throws for 250 yards and 2 td's next week we can all look back on this and laugh, then make 25 threads titled "[Generic hater] EAT CROW"

That wouldnt prove anything.

1st of all its against a depleted philly team...that lost to Arz. 2nd of all, lets see how well portis ran. 3rd of all, one game means so little. 4th of all, if you say that, you are just as bad as the media fat heads who hitch a ride on the closest bandwagon.

1 game will disprove years of playing? I doubt it.

Last i checked drew and mark were proven Qbs. O im sorry Qbs that have to salvage a game should be allowed to throw 3 INTs in the REDZONE! As a pro its okay to do so :doh: Please dont give me that take out method crap its Irrelevant bottom line he had more INTs Than TDs hence the offense struggling hence the 6-10 record. not sayin it was all PR fault but look how a joe gibbs offense is run when the QB is functioning (Winning record).

dont make it look like im bashin Pat, son.. Where is the false Info "He never had a season with more INTs than TDs except for last year,"

u actin like the man is a vetran that won superbowls and went to countless probowls

Damn, this has to be some of the most idiotic stuff I have read on this board.

First the guy posts a bunch of BS.

Then he says that everybody else is posting bs and that his bs is correct, lol.

It couldn't be that the QB is performing well this year because of the upgrade in talent and better play overall due to more experience in the system. Ramsey just sucks. :rolleyes: Thats why his stats last year were so much better than Brunells and on Saturday he possibly saved the game from becoming another 10+ point comeback in the 4th because with him in there the offense moved the ball consistently again, same as last year.

That wouldnt prove anything.

1st of all its against a depleted philly team...that lost to Arz. 2nd of all, lets see how well portis ran. 3rd of all, one game means so little. 4th of all, if you say that, you are just as bad as the media fat heads who hitch a ride on the closest bandwagon.

1 game will disprove years of playing? I doubt it.

But it will probably tell us that he would have likely beaten teams like Oakland and San Diego at home.

This is a road game and the Eagles are not the Cardinals (who we barely beat) or the Rams (who couldn't do anything with a 7th round rookie QB in the game).

This team barely got by the Eagles at home earlier so winning in Philly with Ramsey in the game will mean something more than, "well the Eagles suck anyway".

Brunell has played well in several games this season but he has made major mistakes as well costing us games too.

Archived