Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Alright....I'll say it, Ramsey should not be our starting QB.

skinsfan93

I like Ramsey as a person. Every interview I have seen, he always says the right things, seems like a genuine, humble individual, and it's very impressive how he has supported the team and Mark throughout the season.

So it's understandable that many of you want to see him as our QB and succeed. But c'mon....he will not be our future QB. Can he be a serviceable qb for some other team?...Yes, but he won't be our starting qb next year or the year after.

I'm impressed that Ramsey came in cold and played fairly well under a tough situation. But he didn't have to throw many passes, had a good running game behind him, and the one long pass he had was actually high and behind Moss, who made the great play to turn it into a td.

Until Ramsey PROVES that he can run a Gibbs run offense without false starts (which he had on Sat) and can throw accurately, I just don't believe he is a better option than even a banged up Brunell.

Lastly, please explain to me how some of you feel as though we would have the same record or even a better record if he was starting the entire season? I just don't see it. I will say that for him to sit behind Brunell this year, unlike last year when the entire team was just not good, will go a long way toward his improvement....but on another team.

its crazy there are so many stupid ppl that post here that believe PR, an unproven QB for many yrs in the NFL should start over Brunell, who should have made the probowl. How is this even an argument?

PR has done his job so far this season as our backup, and hopefully will continue to do so.

its crazy there are so many stupid ppl that post here that believe PR, an unproven QB for many yrs in the NFL should start over Brunell, who should have made the probowl. How is this even an argument?

PR has done his job so far this season as our backup, and hopefully will continue to do so.

Calling people stupid is in fact stupd in and of itself. Mark Brunnell should only be the starting QB if he is healthy enough to play at his optimum capacity. We all saw MB play last year and we know how tenative he can be when injured.

Patrick Ramsey has been watching all year. He has been learning how to lead a team. He came in Sunday and did exactly what Joe Gibbs asked of him. If he is capable of doing this on a week in week out basis then he is the choice. This is of course for the rest of this season.

I bet a lot of people thought that Doug Williams wasn't much of a QB.

what exactly is the point of trashing the guy we may need to count on to make the playoffs

I'm not "trashing" Ramsey. I am questioning how people feel so confident about our chances with him as the qb, given the fact that he has not proven he has gotten over the same issues which led to him being benched to begin with.

If brunell can't go either your opinion will be vindicated or it will not. In this case I think you are wrong. If ramsey plays I think you'll want to be wrong too.

You're right. I will be rooting for Ramsey if he is our starter regardless of my opinion of him. I am curious as to all of the people who are so confident of his abilities to win the game for us.

You're right. I will be rooting for Ramsey if he is our starter regardless of my opinion of him. I am curious as to all of the people who are so confident of his abilities to win the game for us.

Hrmmm..I have my reasons but Im no statistician and I don't care to get in a long drawn out debate on the subject either. Lets just say that gut tells me in conjunction with what I saw when he had opportunities to start that Pat is capable of pulling this off. If our guts clash so be it.

Hmmmmm.....this guy's opinion, or Joe Gibbs'...........who should I agree with????

If Brunell is healthy enough to go, he'll go. If not, he wont. Right now no one has any idea how effective either of them could be, Brunell with a sprained knee and Ramsey with........ well Ramsey. Stop calling people stupid and hope Clinton can post a 200 yard game and the defense can shut down um, Greg Lewis and co.

Ill tell you the reason he did not stick with Ramsey in the first week of the season. it has a lot to do with our line play. Ramsey would have gotten killed out there the way our line played the first 10 some games of the season. Now our line is much improved the last few weeks. even Brunells pass to Moss was a litle off look at the adjustment he had to make on it. I believe Ramsey brings stuff to teh table that Brunell doesnt and vice versa. Ramsey played one heck of game last week and shoudl be commended for it not trashed.

As for false starts of course when a new Qb comes in theres gonna be confusion on the line for awhile thats just nature of teh game it happened when Brunell came in in the first game also

Until Ramsey PROVES that he can run a Gibbs run offense without false starts (which he had on Sat) and can throw accurately, I just don't believe he is a better option than even a banged up Brunell.

Lastly, please explain to me how some of you feel as though we would have the same record or even a better record if he was starting the entire season? I just don't see it. I will say that for him to sit behind Brunell this year, unlike last year when the entire team was just not good, will go a long way toward his improvement....but on another team.

Here we go again :laugh:

I'd have to disagree with you about wanting a banged up Brunell to play. Brunell is not a pocket passer. The best plays he makes on the field, running and throwing, are done because of his mobility. Take that away and he's just not a good QB. Ramsey clearly outplayed a banged up Brunell last year, and he did a nice job -albeit while cold- of getting the save this past week. That should be all the evidence we need to make a decision.

I much prefer Ramsey to Brunell based on their differing style and strengths, but I'm not interested in a QB controversy at this point of the season. Brunell is and should be our starter if he's 100%. If he isn't healthy, we need to rest him, both because we need him for the playoffs, and because a banged up Brunell doesn't give us the best chance to win.

Well the offense is designed around a clock controlling ground game with safe effective passes and the occasional deep pass. Brunell is the better option at QB but I don't see Rams being a liability if he were to play. As long as CP and the Dirtbags do their job then either QB will have a much easier day.

:eaglesuck :gaintsuck :dallasuck

What is even more stupid is people say trading Ramsey and to have an unproven QB as Campbell. Campbell is 2 more years before he is ready, he did nto come from a prostyle offense in College and really did not do much until last year with 2 first round running backs!

Ramsey will be the near future and hopefully Campbell will be there also. Gibbs always keeps two proven quarterbacks! It will be Ramsey before Campbell

I'm not "trashing" Ramsey. I am questioning how people feel so confident about our chances with him as the qb, given the fact that he has not proven he has gotten over the same issues which led to him being benched to begin with.

He got benched in the Chigaco Game the #1 defense in teh league and lead two drives, HAd a two turnovers reciever misses the ball it is intercepted and the other one he had is head taking off and yes he fumbled but that should have been a personal foul as there is to be no blows to the head!!!!

Brunnel has had worse games and he was not pulled, not saying that he should. I do beleive Patrick needed the time to see Brunnell healthy run the offense and I thing he as learned. Patrick is our immediate future as Campbell is two years away at least! Remember Patrick as started only 24 games, that is less than Eli and look how bad Eli looked his first year and he is in the second year of an offense were Patrick has never had two years of the same offense!

The only way to possibly prove that he's gotten over these issues is to play. With the limited snaps we saw Saturday, it's impossible to tell. However, based on what we did see it's logical to guess that he's starting to understand how the offense works.

It was benefitial that he was able to watch Brunell run the offense successfully. He knows without question that the system works. Now, that being said, Ramsey has a gun and could possibly open up some plays that Mark can't, while still playing within the system.

But on the other hand, Mark is more mobile, and can buy time in a pinch. Either way, I'm confident we're in good hands. Maybe a bit too optimistic, but what good does panicking do us at this point in the ball game?

what exactly is the point of trashing the guy we may need to count on to make the playoffs

I agree!! Ramsey is a great QB and given the chance he will light up!!!! I am confident in Ramsey and personally hope he is the starter next year with Brunell backing up. Rumor has it that Campbell needs another year before he is ready and if that is the case, (Gibbs knows quarterbacks) give Ramsey the nod in 2006. (depending on the outcome of Brunell in post season of course) :eaglesuck

I'll tell you why!

#1 Patrick Ramsey is a "great" QB.

#2 He has proven himself

#3 Just because Gibb's pulled out Ramsey in favor of Brunell does not make Ramsey a bad QB.....just that he felt more comfortable with a seasoned vet.

#4 When Ramsey was pulled out in favor of Brunell...he was not having a bad day!...and oh yeah playing against the #1 Rated "D" in the National Football League "Da Bears"

#5 Has gone through so much in this orginazation metally and physically and still smiles as nothing has happened and takes it as a positive.

#6 He was our starter and knows the Redskin playbook and teamates.

#7 Support your Players.

#8 Watch the first game again before talking about it.

#9 Watch the games.

#10 Santana Moss.

#11 I forgot Brunell has been flawless this year:notworthy

Can we just support whoever is under center whether it's Brunell, Ramsey or Campbell........

Enough with the Ramsey sucks, Brunell sucks crap.

They both played pretty well vs the Giants on Sunday.

Just goes to show what happens when the O-line is blocking, Portis is running hard and the recievers are getting open and catching passes thrown to them.

Archived