Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Alright....I'll say it, Ramsey should not be our starting QB.

skinsfan93

Brunell has been horrid on deep balls this year, with a couple exceptions. The second throw in the Cowboys game was perfect, as was the one in the TB game. The first Cowboy throw was so far off it gave Williams a chance to make a play on it(notice Moss change his route on that play to catch that). Thank goodness for Moss. Brunells throw in this last game was not only off, it was WAY off.

He has missed open recievers for TDs all year long on deep throws.

Can you name me the times he actually threw a good deep ball this year? I think I can count them on one finger.(yes its hard to actually remember without having taped footage of the games).

Actually I too like Ramsey as an individual. As a back up he has been pretty effective holding on to the lead and winning the game; however, starting has posed a whole other challange for him. :( I am nervous, but I think that kid from Tulane can pull it out.

:eaglesuck

Brunell has been horrid on deep balls this year, with a couple exceptions. The second throw in the Cowboys game was perfect, as was the one in the TB game. The first Cowboy throw was so far off it gave Williams a chance to make a play on it(notice Moss change his route on that play to catch that). Thank goodness for Moss. Brunells throw in this last game was not only off, it was WAY off.

He has missed open recievers for TDs all year long on deep throws.

Can you name me the times he actually threw a good deep ball this year? I think I can count them on one finger.(yes its hard to actually remember without having taped footage of the games).

Brunell didn't throw a perfect ball to Moss last week against the cowboys...the one that should have been a td?

p-ram throws a nice deep ball. w/moss they could play sandlot ball.

p-ram: "o.k. moss you are this coke bottle top,"

moss: "i wanna be the shard of glass..."

p-ram: "it does not matter, just run a straight line, outrun the DB/FS and I will bomb it."

moss: "is this a bill cosby bit?"

it is brunell's gig, he is a SMART qb. he does not beat himself.

I think...we are creepin' to be the cinderalla team!

What is humorous is that many of you share the same opinions while arguing about the nuances of those opinions.

Everyone is in agreement that Brunell is not a good QB if his mobility is limited. We saw what happened last year when he had a leg injury that limited his effectiveness as a scrambler- he was essentially the worst QB in the league not named Ken Dorsey.

What exactly is the downside of playing Ramsey, coming off of a game in which he literally could not have been more solid and beaming with confidence, in the last game of the season before the playoffs that we SHOULD make?

If you're a Ramsey guy (as I admittedly am), you should hope that Ramsey starts so that he'll get a chance to prove himself as a good QB worthy of a starting job at least SOMEWHERE, if not with the Redskins (which I would prefer.) He's been the absolute epitome of a good sport for taking his demotion from the starting job with utmost class and dignity, genuinely rooting for Brunell to take his team to the promised land.

If you're a Brunell guy, you should hope that Ramsey starts so that Brunell can get healthy for the playoffs and we won't be subjected to the types of performances we saw through the first half of the season last year. We will probably be able to rely on our running game and defense to beat a depleted Eagles team that just lost to the freaking Cardinals. With the extra time to rest, if Coach Gibbs decides to go with Brunell in the playoffs, we can rest assured that he will be healthier than if we send him out on the field against The Freak and Co. and risk further aggrevating the injury. And if he does re-aggrevate the injury in the playoffs, we'll have a QB that has had recent big-time snaps with the first unit and we probably won't miss a step.

It's win-win both ways, fellas.

Skinsfan93, im refering to the one in the first dallas game. Where he runs a post, and the ball is throw towards the safety, moss adjusts and catches as he makes contact with williams. The second ball in that game was the one that was thrown perfectly.

Last dallas game deepball was all Moss.

Which BTW raises the question, why does ESPN have 8 candidates for MVP up on their site, and Moss isnt one of them. Without him we would be dead in the water.

one thing brunell has done extremely well this year IS throw the deep ball. many have been incomplete due to excellent coverage/dropped passes.......but his touch on the ball, and accuracy, are unquestioned.

Peregrine,

i guess for me, and skinsfan, and probably countless others, we just don't feel the need to re-tread ALL of the resounding evidence in Brunell's favor. The main reason is that we've been watching the games, and all see something relatively the same. so it basically makes it common knowledge. there's just no need to painstakingly go through every last statistic and/or pass thrown by this guy. i can't even begin to count how many times i've said to myself this season: "Thank god brunell is our guy, that was a really smart play."

Damn, this has to be some of the most idiotic stuff I have read on this board.

First the guy posts a bunch of BS.

Then he says that everybody else is posting bs and that his bs is correct, lol.

It couldn't be that the QB is performing well this year because of the upgrade in talent and better play overall due to more experience in the system. Ramsey just sucks. :rolleyes: Thats why his stats last year were so much better than Brunells and on Saturday he possibly saved the game from becoming another 10+ point comeback in the 4th because with him in there the offense moved the ball consistently again, same as last year.

dildo read the whole debate some of what i said were quotes from what the other guy was discussing. i was reposting what he said and explained y i disagreed with it.:doh:

His solid play on Saturday is precisely the reason that Gibbs classifies our QB situation as "strong" in my opinion. We've been able to rely on Brunell all season, he's played well. Now, when Brunell hurt his knee, Ramsey came in and led us to 14 second half points to ice away a division game.

If he can come in and play within the system vs. Philly, we'll be fine and should be headed to the playoffs.

Jeez, it's nice to read a post in this thread that doesn't resemble a fundamentalist Christian/fundamentalist Muslim version of an open-minded exchange of objective analyses.

Jeez, it's nice to read a post in this thread that doesn't resemble a fundamentalist Christian/fundamentalist Muslim version of an open-minded exchange of objective analyses.

:laugh: Word.

having two vet qb's is great! I wish we could keep them both! $ is the issue, 'the danny" does not have enough cap room to keep them both! (does he?) i have called ramsey a int/fumble machine in the past; but he stepped up and his job! he is a pro, i retract my int/fumble statement. (for now!)

the wash post said #8's knee is not as bad as they thought. perhaps he will play. if not p-ram fans can bust out their jersey's!

"happy holiday's"

one thing brunell has done extremely well this year IS throw the deep ball. many have been incomplete due to excellent coverage/dropped passes.......but his touch on the ball, and accuracy, are unquestioned.

Peregrine,

i guess for me, and skinsfan, and probably countless others, we just don't feel the need to re-tread ALL of the resounding evidence in Brunell's favor. The main reason is that we've been watching the games, and all see something relatively the same. so it basically makes it common knowledge. there's just no need to painstakingly go through every last statistic and/or pass thrown by this guy. i can't even begin to count how many times i've said to myself this season: "Thank god brunell is our guy, that was a really smart play."

Nice post HYDC, I like Pat and Mark. Gibbs made a hard call that was the right one, as most of his have been. I've been watching Pat carefully and hopefully since he arrived. What I've seen to date has over-ridden my personal bias which was in his favor. But I think he's shown the character and the career-smarts that matches his potential ((and existing) talent and has taken this situation as one to learn and to strengthen the weaknesses he had.

And in Gibbs, Musgrave, and Mark, he has the access to talent, experience, support, and class, and is the recipient of genuine perosnl regard, that really facilitates his decision to be the best Redskin he can be.

As a result we have a solid #1 QB (and people, nobody out there is perfect, so its always the big picture pros evaluate) that has played great for us by any objective standards (as recognized league-wide and only questioned by a few twistedly-biased myopic posters here) a solid #2 b/u (at least as demonstrated Sunday and according to his fellows) who still looks to be a winning starter in his career, and a #3 prospect that's already controversial and going to be a very interesting stroy to watch develop. It's never boring in Redskin country :laugh:

:eaglesuck :eaglesuck :eaglesuck :eaglesuck :eaglesuck

I like Ramsey as a person. Every interview I have seen, he always says the right things, seems like a genuine, humble individual, and it's very impressive how he has supported the team and Mark throughout the season.

So it's understandable that many of you want to see him as our QB and succeed. But c'mon....he will not be our future QB. Can he be a serviceable qb for some other team?...Yes, but he won't be our starting qb next year or the year after.

I'm impressed that Ramsey came in cold and played fairly well under a tough situation. But he didn't have to throw many passes, had a good running game behind him, and the one long pass he had was actually high and behind Moss, who made the great play to turn it into a td.

Until Ramsey PROVES that he can run a Gibbs run offense without false starts (which he had on Sat) and can throw accurately, I just don't believe he is a better option than even a banged up Brunell.

Lastly, please explain to me how some of you feel as though we would have the same record or even a better record if he was starting the entire season? I just don't see it. I will say that for him to sit behind Brunell this year, unlike last year when the entire team was just not good, will go a long way toward his improvement....but on another team.

It's easy to see by Skinz_4_life posts, the great wisdom and truth he brings to these fourms along with the intense positives and guruistic knowledge of the game with a non-onesided point of view.....what was I thinking?:silly:

Guess this quote.........Our QB depth is "strong":D

Archived