Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Once and for all, to settle the "phantom" holding call

bubba9497

A game wouldn't be complete without Bubba posting some blurry, one-sided photos, shown at the most opportune time for his side of the argument, without any photos showing the other sides viewpoint.

Good work, Bubba. You never disappoint.

Dude, are you freaking serious?

He shows pics of a guy running, and then falling down backwards and you insist on seeing the pics that show that it wasn't holding too? As if there is a different version of the same play where Wynn actually puts pressure on the QB because he didn't go from running one way and then falling backwards the other way.

LOLOLOLOL!!!!!!

I think the Giants players, fans, and even the guys in the booth got so used to the Giants OL getting away with mugging the Redskins Dline the entire game that they brainfarted and actually believe now that grabbing a Dlineman at all is not holding at all and is perfectly acceptable. It is a rule. OLmen don't use their hands on defenders. It is one of the simplest rules in sports. Don't be confused.

"USE OF HANDS, ARMS, AND BODY

1. No player on offense may assist a runner except by blocking for him. There shall be no interlocking interference.

2. A runner may ward off opponents with his hands and arms but no other player on offense may use hands or arms to obstruct an opponent by grasping with hands, pushing, or encircling any part of his body during a block. Hands (open or closed) can be thrust forward to initially contact an opponent on or outside the opponent's frame, but the blocker must work to bring his hands on or inside the frame.

Note: Pass blocking: Hand(s) thrust forward that slip outside the body of the defender will be legal if blocker worked to bring them back inside. Hand(s) or arm(s) that encircle a defender-i.e., hook an opponent-are to be considered illegal and officials are to call a foul for holding.

Blocker cannot use his hands or arms to push from behind, hang onto, or encircle an opponent in a manner that restricts his movement as the play develops.

3. Hands cannot be thrust forward above the frame to contact an opponent on the neck, face or head.

Note: The frame is defined as the part of the opponent's body below the neck that is presented to the blocker."

Not a lot to debate here Giants fans. Sorry about the asskicking.

']Greisen's hit on Brunell was not flagrant. He wasn't running at Brunell and did a dive at his knees. He tripped which is in no way flagrant. It did not deserve a penalty.

He did stumble, but also dove at his lower leg area in a last effort attempt to get to him. PENALTY should have been called.

Bubba, watch the replay. On the close up slo mo its clear as day, and your either dumb or blind if you don't see it. Ray Brown was engaged in a block and saw Greisen running free and extended his right leg, tripping Greisen, who stumbled into Brunnels knees. 3rd play of the 2nd half. Check it out and then admit you're wrong

I stand corrected, I never saw it, but it was a subtle move :laugh:

I was wrong, Brown stuck his foot out

']honorary hog' date='

It wasn't a cheap shot at Brunell's knees. Greisen was stumbling and the only way he could tackle Brunell was around the legs. He didn't intentionally dive at his legs.[/quote']

I don't think it was a cheap shot on Brunell and on that holding call Moose is biased as hell unlike Aikman.

I think the Giants players, fans, and even the guys in the booth got so used to the Giants OL getting away with mugging the Redskins Dline the entire game that they brainfarted and actually believe now that grabbing a Dlineman at all is not holding at all and is perfectly acceptable. It is a rule. OLmen don't use their hands on defenders. It is one of the simplest rules in sports. Don't be confused.

Not a lot to debate here Giants fans. Sorry about the asskicking.

Agreed...crazy how it becomes bull**** officiating when they are just not allowed to get away with muggings like they were the first game.

Geez...

blah blah blah

Take back the prayer Toomer TD and Brunell's Xmas gift to Blackburn and it would of been more of a blowout than it was.

Giants fans you can have the holding call back, as long as you keep Will Allen as your starting CB- because he is not just burnt toast, he is the black crumbs at the bottom of the toaster. He is at Santana's house right now buttering his bread! Cry about his pathetic play instead of the refs.

And put some jam on there too, Will - I think 3TDs should get the man some butter and jelly.

A game wouldn't be complete without Bubba posting some blurry, one-sided photos, shown at the most opportune time for his side of the argument, without any photos showing the other sides viewpoint.

Good work, Bubba. You never disappoint.

WHOA!! Long time- no flame.

NFC Champs to 6-10 means you need to raise your hand and get called on before you post- or better yet just keep being as incognito as the rest of the eagle fans have been this year.

In other words if your gonna suck, suck quietly. All that noise takes some of the enjoyment out of it.

I stand corrected, I never saw it, but it was a subtle move :laugh:

I was wrong, Brown stuck his foot out

Wow.

Take a lesson, classless fans who post here (and who are we kidding, they come in all shapes/forms/colors, including B&G). Bubba, who is very vocal in his opinions - and they often appear to favor the B&G (and a lot of visiting fans are quick to judge him this way it seems, but this is a B&G board) - rewatched something based on a Giants fan words and admitted that the Giants fan was right.

That's class. Not only did he rewatch the play in question, but actually posted that he was wrong.

Very classy, and a lesson for a lot of people that I hope they heed.

I think it was clearly a hold on Snee's part.

The only gripe I would have if I were a Giants fan (Heaven forbid) did the hold impact the play? Renaldo was nowhere near Eli and would have been (if not held), at best, running towards him from about 5 or 6 yards away when Eli let's go of the pass.

I think this is close to being like the Patrise Alexander hold on an Arizona Cardinal on a Brian Mitchell KO return in 96 or 97. Technically it's a hold and throwing a flag is legit but the hold itself didn't have a bearing on the outcome of the play.

I think Eli still hits that TD if the hold doesn't occur.

Bottom line though the better team on that day won on Sunday. If they had scored, it would have just forced the Skins to throw it up to Moss a time or two more and Moss would have simply scored his 4th TD of the game to ice it. :D

:eaglesuck

Bubba, watch the replay. On the close up slo mo its clear as day, and your either dumb or blind if you don't see it. Ray Brown was engaged in a block and saw Greisen running free and extended his right leg, tripping Greisen, who stumbled into Brunnels knees. 3rd play of the 2nd half. Check it out and then admit you're wrong

He was tripped but it's over now. We waxed that arse :gaintsuck

With all due respect Tom, even if it wasn't holding. The unnecessary roughness penalty that lead to the touchdown prior to the half was just as bogus as the Amani Toomer TD.

You win some and you lose some and we have lost plenty in the way of ref calls.

Its like i always say if you polay good You can overcome those calls. The skins had horrible calls on them during Gibbs first tenure and most of the time the team was good enough to over come those calls. I believe the team is good enough now to overcome those calls also. The Gianst had siezed Momentum with that 1 touichdown before the half and then Blocked teh field goal to switch momentum.

"

We'd like to think that refs don't make key calls that affect games, but it happens. In this particular case it looks to have been the right call. Sometimes it's not. Regardless, though, these calls are an unfortunate (but necessary) part of the game.

The tough part is staying consistent with this attitude and stance even when your team loses! Now that's character and maturity!

Archived