Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Props to Ramsey

dcoles11

I think Ramsey played pretty well for that situation.

To have to come into a 21-17 high intensity game like that when you didn't expect to play is not easy.

The only really bad pass that comes to mind is the ball he threw behind Moss on the short slant route.

I think he showed pretty good touch, what alot of people say he is lacking.

I hope Brunell is ok for next week, he really has gotten his 2nd wind here late in the season, I honestly thought he was done after the Arizona game.

Ramsey can get the job done, but his performance did not inspire a lot of confidence in me. On that TD pass to Santana, he did not throw a great ball but Santana adjusted (like he did on the Brunell bomb) and just flew past Allen for the easy TD.

I was especially worried after he had to call those two timeouts and was flipping out... he did not look like a pro QB there and I still have serious doubts about his ability to take snaps for us. Nonetheless, he got 'er done.

Ramsey can get the job done, but his performance did not inspire a lot of confidence in me. On that TD pass to Santana, he did not throw a great ball but Santana adjusted (like he did on the Brunell bomb) and just flew past Allen for the easy TD.

Dude, he deserves more props that this on that throw. He was being blitzed, did you see how quickly he got rid of it? Who cares if it wasn't spot on? It was thrown quicker than almost any ball I've seen Brunell throw this year, he read the field, led his receiver, I thought it was one of his finest moments as a Redskins QB.

The timeouts on the other hand.... not so great, but it seems to me that he wasn't the only one to blame for those formation problems...

I was especially worried after he had to call those two timeouts and was flipping out... he did not look like a pro QB there and I still have serious doubts about his ability to take snaps for us. Nonetheless, he got 'er done.

Peep Gibbs Post-game.

A player that was supposed to be in the package took himself out. Brown was not in position.

Ramsey just has the bad luck to have come in and had that happen right when he came in.

Patrick Ramsey is a class act all the way! He'd be lighting up the scoreboard if he were on another team too. Very proud that you're a Redskin! Most teams would have been deflated if their starting QB got knocked out in a game late in the season. How lucky are we that we have such a great QB waiting in the wings. Awesome game, man!!! You're the best!

Patrick had a heck of a game. I think he's a heck of a QB, and it's a shame we have two talented QBs with a rookie with even more potential then both of them on the bench. One of them will probably go next season, because of the cap, and it will most likely be Ramsey, which is how it should be.

I love the guy, but let's trade him to New York, Detroit, or Arizona for a 3rd rounder.

With what i saw id like to keep ramsey and get rid of brunell. Not that hes better there about even, but brunell is older and more expensive.

The reason ramsey isnt starting is his lack of mobility for he is a pocket passer. I also believe campbell can make those throws that ramsey does and he is definitely more agile than ramsey.

I cannot bit@h about any qb on oir team we are fortunate and we are confident with any qb in the game.

I don't blame Ramsey for being upset. He had just finished burning a timeout because he didn't like the call against the Giants formation. Then here comes Antonio Brown, not knowing where to line up. That second one really made Patrick look like he didn't know what he was doing, but it wasn't his fault, and he did overcome it rather nicely.

We should be in good shape if Brunell can't continue. Sitting on the bench and learning from a seasoned vet probably was a blessing in disquise for Ramsey, and now he has more knowledge than he did in the beginning of the season, as does Campbell I'm sure.

I love the fact the coaches maintained the gameplan with Ramsey under center. They did not get conservative, they did not stray away from the run calls, they did not get scared of calling a pass play similar/the same as when Brunell is under center. That is a HUGE confidence boost 4 Ramsey, I believe. He is expected to come in and do well and he did just that. Unlike a lot of teams in the NFL, the Washington Redskins are the type of team with a roster of players that HAVE to be ready every game, even if you have not gotten any clock;(example: Kozlowski <--sp) The games when he came in he caught the balls thrown to him. The coaches are instilling a great mindset into the players as individuals and most importantly as a unit/team. This is GREAT!!!

im sorry to say but that was a bad pass and a lucky catch by santana ramsey still didnt impress me

Get real man brunell would of threw that too hard and moss wouldnt of got any yac yards. It was a perfect pass, and perfect route and run after the catch. Come on ramsey has won both games when he has played in the game.

I'm gonna give Patrick props for more than just the game. While alot of us argue/discuss the QB position like a knitters guild, PR never made an issue publicly since day 1 from Chicago.

Now, he steps in and may have to lead this team thru the playoffs. His class and dignity displayed during this team will command more respect from the team he may be leading now.

Good Job Pat, way to be a professional. Go getem boy!

For anyone saying that Ramsey's pass to Moss was a poor pass that Moss made a great catch on, is just plain wrong. The throw was fine, it is just that Moss took what would have been a 15 yard gain, to the house for a TD. When the catch was first made I figured it was a nice first down, and that was that, until Moss threw Allen to the ground.

Also, are these same people complaining when Brunell underthrows Moss downfield and Moss has to do all sorts of ballet dancing to turn around on his opposite shoulder and catch the ball? I mean look at today's deep pass to Moss, Moss was WIDE FREAKING OPEN, ready to catch the pass IN STRIDE, and Brunell throws so poorly that he has to STOP, and the defender catches up, and Moss adjusts and makes a perfect catch and run.......

All I am saying is that with a WR like Moss, he will bail QBs out a lot of the time because he is THAT GOOD, so stop picking on Ramsey for things him and Brunell both do.

Patrick came in and managed the game beautifully after his sputtery start at the line. He played to our strengths and didn't take chances with the ball. His post-game comments on Mark Brunell were so classy. I'd feel good next week in Philly with Patrick at the helm. Way to go Patrick Ramsey! :applause:

Archived