Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ramsey's time to shine.

Art

I think we should just remember that Ramsey is only a fourth year qb, and he has at times shown some flashes. does that mean that he will be anything special ever? no. does that mean that he will be productive ever? no.

BUT, let's give the guy a chance. so long as brunell cannot play. This is now Brunell's team, and i dont think anyone is denying that. But, if he can't go, let's give Ramsey a chance to show what he can do. Let's rally around him.... sound fair?

I love the fact the coaches maintained the gameplan with Ramsey under center. They did not get conservative, they did not stray away from the run calls, they did not get scared of calling a pass play similar/the same as when Brunell is under center. That is a HUGE confidence boost 4 Ramsey, I believe. He is expected to come in and do well and he did just that. Unlike a lot of teams in the NFL, the Washington Redskins are the type of team with a roster of players that HAVE to be ready every game, even if you have not gotten any clock;(example: Kozlowski <--sp) The games when he came in he caught the balls thrown to him. The coaches are instilling a great mindset into the players as individuals and most importantly as a unit/team. This is GREAT!!!

I'm ashamed to say I actually missed the game. Had family Christmas stuff, and I thought the game was tomorrow. Trying to catch some highlights on ESPN, but nothing so far.

It says something pitiful about this board that there are people still trying to maintain their entrenched positions on the QB situation when the team is one win from the playoffs. I was arguing the issue when the team was going downhill, but there are much bigger issues right now, namely the playoffs.

I will say this though: regardless of how serious Brunell's injury is, or who starts next week or in the playoffs, I think the team would be monumentally stupid to get rid of Ramsey. Some people have obviously made it a point of ego and pride to drive him out of town, but they need to wake up. If the team had a sure thing at QB it would make sense, but neither Campbell (too young) or Brunell (too old) fits that bill.

I'm ashamed to say I actually missed the game. Had family Christmas stuff, and I thought the game was tomorrow. Trying to catch some highlights on ESPN, but nothing so far.

It says something pitiful about this board that there are people still trying to maintain their entrenched positions on the QB situation when the team is one win from the playoffs. I was arguing the issue when the team was going downhill, but there are much bigger issues right now, namely the playoffs.

I will say this though: regardless of how serious Brunell's injury is, or who starts next week or in the playoffs, I think the team would be monumentally stupid to get rid of Ramsey. Some people have obviously made it a point of ego and pride to drive him out of town, but they need to wake up. If the team had a sure thing at QB it would make sense, but neither Campbell (too young) or Brunell (too old) fits that bill.

For the first time I think you threw out something people can agree with.

I'm not sure why people are still towing around their agendas at this point either. And that works BOTH ways.

Be a fan of the team. Its not hard.

We all all be weeping if Ramsey throws inteceptions though. I get kind of scared when the pocket is breaking down around Ramsey. He looks jittery under pressure. Mark looks more composed under pressure. I hope Ramsey can minimize on the overthrows. Sometimes a strong arm can lead to overthrows thus maybe the interception. I sure hope Ramsey is ready because the eagles are no slouch.

We all all be weeping if Ramsey throws inteceptions though. I get kind of scared when the pocket is breaking down around Ramsey. He looks jittery under pressure. Mark looks more composed under pressure. I hope Ramsey can minimize on the overthrows. Sometimes a strong arm can lead to overthrows thus maybe the interception. I sure hope Ramsey is ready because the eagles are no slouch.

You mean like the pick for a TD in the shadow of our goal posts that Brunell threw?

As for being composed, while Mark does look less 'jittery' confidence-wise, he is the only one on the team who so frequently backpedals in the face of even perceived pressure, thus creating MORE pass rush. He may backpedal without a look of fear on his face, but the backpedaling and looking at the rush don't exactly seem the paragon of unflappability.

As for AJ/Whiskey, I agree about the agendas, but the problem is, just like the Lavar/Samuels/etc threads, the negative people come out first and the other side merely wants that lightning rod to be treated fairly and for FACTS to be discussed rather than idiotic malformed opinions.

You mean like the pick for a TD in the shadow of our goal posts that Brunell threw?

As for being composed, while Mark does look less 'jittery' confidence-wise, he is the only one on the team who so frequently backpedals in the face of even perceived pressure, thus creating MORE pass rush. He may backpedal without a look of fear on his face, but the backpedaling and looking at the rush don't exactly seem the paragon of unflappability.

As for AJ/Whiskey, I agree about the agendas, but the problem is, just like the Lavar/Samuels/etc threads, the negative people come out first and the other side merely wants that lightning rod to be treated fairly and for FACTS to be discussed rather than idiotic malformed opinions.

That was Marks first interception at fed ex in a long time. How many times has Mark's feet saved a Skins drive? Honestley. Mark is a proven quarterback.

That is patently incorrect. In the game thread both sides started immediately.

But let me just say this - PR played great. And the second biggest pass he threw was the one out of bounds, very Brunell-esque. (Edit) He did not put us in a bad way with a forced throw, and that shows improvement and growth.

I have a bad feeling on Brunell's knee, and so am preparing to put my full faith, hope, and support behind Patrick Ramsey.

Can we agree on that and move forward?

What say you?

(2nd edit) I'm sorry Ghost, you did not isolate your critism to one side or the other, you put it on "negative" folks in general.

You are correct and I apologze for a rash reply.

Guest Matt Kyriacou

The best thing that could have happened for Ramsey was to enjoy some measure of success (the TD pass to Santana). I know that I was holding my breath from the moment that he entered the game. To me it seemed as though the team was as well.

Seemed to me that there was a collective sigh of relief when he hit Santana for the TD. Just the fact that he was able to complete one downfield kept the "D" from crowding the line and completely shutting down the run. From that point on Gibbs was able to mix the run and the pass effectively and they fed on each other.

Not to mention that having one of your CB's beaten 3 times for TD's will take some wind from the sails.

That is patently incorrect. In the game thread both sides started immediately.

But let me just say this - PR played great. And the second biggest pass he threw was the one out of bounds, very Brunell-esque. (Edit) He did not put us in a bad way with a forced throw, and that shows improvement and growth.

I have a bad feeling on Brunell's knee, and so am preparing to put my full faith, hope, and support behind Patrick Ramsey.

Can we agree on that and move forward?

What say you?

I agree, let's support whoever is out there. (which is what we've all been doing the whole time)

I am proud to say I did not chime in (not from an angle you'd expect) on the game thread. I know some comments were uttered, but I kind of consider game threads a different animal than the other ones.

In any event, I hope all three QBs are still on our roster next year to give us maximum flexibility.

I agree, let's support whoever is out there. (which is what we've all been doing the whole time)

I am proud to say I did not chime in (not from an angle you'd expect) on the game thread. I know some comments were uttered, but I kind of consider game threads a different animal than the other ones.

In any event, I hope all three QBs are still on our roster next year to give us maximum flexibility.

Agreed and well said.

:cheers:

:eaglesuck :eaglesuck :eaglesuck :eaglesuck :eaglesuck :eaglesuck

The way i see it. We are the deepest team at Q.B. in the league.

I have always liked PR, and I was excited to see him enter the game. But as I heard someone on KYS comment later (DC radio station for those who don't know), real Redskin fans got a little nervous when he came in. You had to be thinking, "Please don't make a mistake." I know Brunell threw a pick for a TD, but you have to be kidding me if you didn't think it was possible that PR makes a costly mistake. It was great to see him get control after apparently losing a bit of control.

Mark my words though. The real test is next week. It's proven week-in and week-out in the NFL (Fitzgerald on the Rams, anyone?). Give a defense a chance to prepare and watch what happens. Next week will be telling; Johnson will bring the house based on what has happened in the past with Ramsey getting flustered. Here's to Ramsey (and of course, Portis!) having a great day against the Eagles next week.

GO SKINS!

its hard for me to say this because ive always love ramsey and no one was more upset about him getting pulled earlier this year than me but im happy with the way brunell has played and i honestly think campbell is the future and will benefit as much as anyone with a steady coaching staff and player's so i would be more than happy to see ramsey win us this next one and get a first rounder from someone like new orleans for ramsey and if that happens i wish ramsey the best because i think he is a future star no matter where he goes except maybe the texans because he's not a running back

:logo:

PR did a good job today. He was not great. First the Redskins had the lead when he came in. Second he didn't throw many passes since Portis and Betts ran effectively. What would have happened if the running game didn't work and Ramsey was forced to win the game? I'm not bashing Ramsey, but I'm not ready to say he should have been our starter all along. All I know is Brunnell has been the starter most of the season and the Redskins are one win away from the playoffs.

Um, the plays run when Ramsey came in were:

1-10 Portis. 1 Yard.

2-9 Portis. 1 Yard.

3-8 Ramsey to Betts. 9 Yards, first down.

1-10 Ramsey to Cooley, Incomplete

2-10 Ramsey to Moss, TD.

Hard to claim that that TD was a product of the Giants D being terrified of our awesome running game. I think, at the time, Portis was averaging around 2.5 per.

Now, as to the second part of your post, I don't see anybody saying Ramsey should have been starting all along.

Some people are saying that, if Brunell isn't 100%, and considering how far Philly has fallen, that maybe Ramsey is good enough to let Brunell heal some.

When Patrick throw the TD to Moss, did anyone see how long the ball hung in the air? That could have easily been a pick going the other way for 6. Moss had to wait on that ball.

Is that the best you can do? The ball didn't hang. Moss didn't stop for it. He had to adjust but I'm actually thinking he did that on purpose. He was a little left to fool the defender and then at the last second went right and snatched the ball..

man i knew this crap was coming. Ramsey throws like 7 passes and doesnt screw up and now everybody thinks he should start.

You people are ridiculous:doh:

The coaches know best not you. He came in and did a HELL of a job don't be negative.

If Brunell can't go next week Ramsey will do just fine.

I'd be wary of putting Ramsey in now due to the do or die circumstances.

Other than that, I'd have to say Ramsey did what he was asked to do very well. He came in cold and threw for a TD. I wasn't expecting that. He showed that he knows the offense by taking a timeout. It may have looked bad, but he made the right move.

If Brunell is 80% or better, he should definitely start. Anything more extreme than that and Ramsey will just have to step it up. He did fine today, and I think going against the Eagles may not be so bad for him, I'm just worried about the pressure he might put on himself to make plays.

Archived