Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Antonio Pierce just removed his Boot and will NOT play against the Redskins

ShockeyZulu

OK, we are all a bit ticked at AP, but he was not just a product of Williams.

He is good. He's good because he does what most don't do, he studies more then a frickin 3rd year med student. Is he the be all end all? No. Is Lemar Marshall better? No. Is LM adequate to fill the middle linebacker and make us not miss AP? kind of. He plays well, and has our D back on track, but, I don't think he is as smart (due to the excessive studying) as AP.

Now, AP can help point things out no matter where he is...on the field or in the booth, but if everyone has watched closely enough, JG has started throwing wrinkles in the gameplan, and formations.

Pierce Is Out

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Giants linebacker Antonio Pierce will miss Saturday's game. Pierce, one of the Redskins' leaders in 2004 before signing with New York, had a great game against Washington in October, but has a high ankle sprain that could sideline him until the playoffs.

Pierce spent significant time speaking with players and coaches before the first game, giving pointers to the offense and defense on Washington's tendencies, and some Giants players credit that at least in part for their dominance in the 36-0 blowout.

"With Antonio over there, as far as our offense, he probably knows a lot of our schemes and what we do," defensive end Phillip Daniels said. "So I'm pretty sure our coaches have some things they can change up."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/12/21/AR2005122102076.html

Guys, he absolutely WILL NOT play. How do i know you ask? Well it just so happens that I myself had a high ankle sprain in September. Took care of it, wore a boot, etc. And even though I could walk on it after about 2 weeks, running, jumping, or any sudden movements still hurt like crazy. And the pain remained for about 9 more weeks. And its STILL not 100%...about 95%. High Ankle Sprain is almost a misnomer. Usually what that means is that You not only stretched tendons but you probably have some small tears in them as well. Pierce is done for the year.

Guys, he absolutely WILL NOT play. How do i know you ask? Well it just so happens that I myself had a high ankle sprain in September. Took care of it, wore a boot, etc. And even though I could walk on it after about 2 weeks, running, jumping, or any sudden movements still hurt like crazy. And the pain remained for about 9 more weeks. And its STILL not 100%...about 95%. High Ankle Sprain is almost a misnomer. Usually what that means is that You not only stretched tendons but you probably have some small tears in them as well. Pierce is done for the year.

Ok genius. If you knew anything about ankle sprains, you would also know there are several different severities. His is minor, week to week.

Archived