Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The SportsCenter Thread (Merged)

skns4life

I hate the Mavericks because the Cowboys play for the same town. Am I the only person like this?

You're not alone.

I hate the Sixers and Phillies because of the Eagles. I hate all NY teams (except the Yankees) because of the Giants.

Can you believe this player got fined? What is the justification for this? What, he has to like the Cryboys because he plays for another Dallas team? Doesn't that violate his 1st amendment rights in some way???:rolleyes:

I thought it was fake at first, had to rewind the TIVO to find out it was indeed for real.

Did they mention WHY he was fined?

Yeah, I had to rewind the TiVo too so I could get his name right for this thread

Basicly they said he was fined cause he talked about the sorry :moon: Cowboys getting their butts kicked by the Redskins

Mavericks G Darrell Armstrong, an avid Washington Redskins fan, had some fun with the crowd in a pregame address. After wishing everyone a safe and happy holiday season, he added, "How 'bout them Redskins!" Considering the Redskins had just beaten the Dallas Cowboys 35-7, there was a loud mixture of laughs and boos, even from German import Nowitzki. Johnson and Mavs owner Mark Cuban said Armstrong was fined $1,000 for the stunt. ...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=251218006

Dan Snyder should pick up his $1000 fine... but it would be an awesome news story if we picked up the $1000...

ESPN - "This news just in... the fans at ExtremeRavens.com just paid the $1000 fine for Neil Armstrong"

;o/

HA, good one...

But in all seriousness, I think we should stand up for one of our own. Redskin fans stick together- that is major BS that Cuban is pulling. I want to know the inside story on why it's happening, because according to the ESPN article (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2264894) Cuban laughed at the joke initially. Maybe someone complained? Did Jerry Jones ask Cuban for a loan? What happened?

I have a friend who is in for 5 bucks. I'll put in 5 as well, so add 10 the running total.

We should totally do this to make a statement about Redskin fans and for good press. If Arenas was happy for the Cowboys after a Cowboys win, I'd think he was a jerk, but I wouldn't want him fined. Complete nonsense. I didn't hate the Mavericks before, but now I pretty much do.

I'm at my friend's place in Seattle. He has season tix for the Sonics and I'm going to see Wiz @ Seattle tonight. Anyway, right now he's at work and I'm working from his place, but the tv is on CNN Headline news. Every time the sports segment comes up, they mock Dallas!

The first time it came up, they all laughed and the anchor said "So he just got in trouble for cheering for a football team but he plays basketball?" And the sports guy was like "Uh, yeah, I guess if you're in Dallas the Cowboys are serious business!" all the while laughing.

The best one was just now though. They came back from the report on it, and the anchor (this time the male anchor, last time the female) goes "How about them Redskins?" and the sports guy goes "Whoa, good thing you're not in Dallas, you might get fined 1000 bucks!"

The Mavericks are a joke. Dallas is a joke.

Archived