Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The SportsCenter Thread (Merged)

skns4life

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/ap/basketball/3533790.html

"Mavericks G Darrell Armstrong, an avid Washington Redskins fan, had some fun with the crowd in a pregame address. After wishing everyone a safe and happy holiday season, he added, "How 'bout them Redskins!" Considering the Redskins had just beaten the Dallas Cowboys 35-7, there was a loud mixture of laughs and boos, even from German import Nowitzki. ... Likely among those booing Armstrong: Two fans wearing Cowboys jerseys and paper bags over their heads. ... "

Sure, they were giving the skins props, but referenced #53 as Marcus Williams. :laugh:

They also made reference to "this kid, Cooley" saying he's emerging into a star!

Damn, that win felt nice.

Yeah I love Scott Van Pelt, but what a goof. It proves that we're flying under the proverbial playoff radar. That's fine by me. Let's just take care of business on Saturday.

HTTR

Yeah I love Scott Van Pelt, but what a goof. It proves that we're flying under the proverbial playoff radar. That's fine by me. Let's just take care of business on Saturday.

HTTR

Van Pelt's OK but how u gonna mess up #53? The man has been IMO the star of this defense for the past two seasons and......oh yeah, he is a pro-bowler.

:dallasuck

:wewantd: Oh, wait, nevermind.....................:laugh:

Just saw on sportscenter, but here's the blurb from the web...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=251218006

Game notes

Dallas took a 36-35 lead in the all-time series. ... Mavericks G Darrell Armstrong, an avid Washington Redskins fan, had some fun with the crowd in a pregame address. After wishing everyone a safe and happy holiday season, he added, "How 'bout them Redskins!" Considering the Redskins had just beaten the Dallas Cowboys 35-7, there was a loud mixture of laughs and boos, even from German import Nowitzki. Johnson and Mavs owner Mark Cuban said Armstrong was fined $1,000 for the stunt. ... Minnesota G Richie Frahm (ankle) missed his third straight game. ... Dallas G Marquis Daniels (strained neck) missed his second straight game.

----------

I think Darrell Armstrong just found himself 30,000+ new fans :)

it was SOOOOO funny

They were showing highlights of the NBA game between the Minnesota Timberwolves and the Dallas Mavericks in Dallas and Mavericks player Darrell Armstong stood up with the mic at the game and says to the crowd:

"How about the Redskins!!!!"

:laugh:

Sadly, they also reported that Mr. Armstrong was fined $1,000

Archived