Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL Sunday Ticket Subscribers: Are You Angry?!

TD Riggo

For about the sixth time this season, my local affiliate is carrying the Skins game. They are now carrying the 9ers game .. as if anyone cares! The problem is, although I am paying ~$200+ for the privilege to NOT miss any of the Skins game, I can't watch the Skins because the Skins game on 712 is blacked out! I have been a NFL-ST subscribersince 1995 and this steams me to no end! If I am PAYING for the privilege of seeing every snap of the Skins, then I should be SEEING EVERY DAMN SNAP of the Skins game!!

Does anyone know where to find the well-hidden mailing addresses of the people at the NFL who are responsible for this lunacy?!

They unblocked it after the game started. I would expect them tol balck it out again at halftime. This is unacceptable! I am PAYING them so that I can watch the game on the 7xx channel! I am paying them so that I DON'T have to wait until the Jax Jags game is over to see the Skins!

Another thing .. I have had to watch several games TiVo delayed over the years. I have come home a number of those to find that the local affiliate decided at the last minute to carry the game, thus blacking out the NFL-ST channel. This is done too late for the TiVo guide data to be updated to make the change. Nothing steams me more than coming home to find a four hour recording of a black screen with "Game Not Available In Your Area" message, although I am paying them $200 per year to see the games on the NFL-ST channel!

Yep. Whoever is responsible for "the switch" at the NFL wasted no time. I don't even think that Bledsoe's knee hit the ground before they blacked out channel 712. So now I am forced to watch the local affiliate give their useless local newsbreak instead of hearing the FOX guys talk about the game!

Idiots!

I am just as pissed. I have Direct TV Sunday Ticket, and bought the high def package. But almost every game this year, because the Skins have been on tv locally, they black out the Skins game on Direct TV. So there goes my High Def games!!! It sucks!!!

If your location isn't false and you truly live in Orlando, then I am confused, because my father is watching the game in Orlando on Fox. I asked about your location simply because I doubt that you are 100 years old. :)

The local affiliate (FOX 35) didn't pick up the Skins game until exactly 11:00 in the 1st quarter. This is because they carried the Jugs game til the last second. I understand why the local affiliate carried that game in its entirety because this is considered Jugs country. However, this is the whole reason why I PAY them ~200 freaking dollars a year because I CHOOSE to NOT watch the Jugs OR the Yucks! The league unblocked the ST channel for the first half, but not until AFTER the game started. I missed the whole first series!

According to SI a few weeks ago this is the last year that they will black out local games. I have the same problem w/ HD. They block out the HD game, and if your local television doesn't have Hd you have to watch it in SD.

I hope this is true. Otherwise, I would even consider a class action against the NFL for all of the games/plays missed on behalf of all subscribers! We are paying them, yet they are guilty of non-performance! I don't give a flying crap about their guarantees to the networks and the must-carry rule. That only applies to people watching the free broadcasts. They are offering a premium subscription, yet they are not delivering what the subscribers are paying for!

I'm STEAMING mad! :evil:

My local affiliate is is Fox-29 in Philthadelhia..I missed the kickoff and the first down. The first play I saw was when they were on their own 45 yard line.

Could have been worse I guess.

Although I do remember the game against the Bucs, the Iggles game went real late, they actually put the skins on the 7xx channel until the Iggles game was over...Then it switched back to Fox-29.

:eaglesuck :dallasuck

Since this was a "National game," most regions got it on their local affiliate. However, here in SE Michigan, it wasn't shown. So *YES* I am glad I have the Ticket or else I couldn't have seen the pounding!

:logo:

You mean you didn't watch the lions? hehehe

:logo:

Direct TV can make improvements but it is a God send for those of us living in Mi.!

:helmet:

Go Skins!!!!!

:helmet:

According to SI a few weeks ago this is the last year that they will black out local games. I have the same problem w/ HD. They block out the HD game, and if your local television doesn't have Hd you have to watch it in SD.

I really hope this is right. I live in Adams County PA and FOX channel 43 out of York has kept me from seeing about half the Skins games in HD. Today, however, the game was also on FOXE out of NY (Ch87), and that was in HD, so I lucked out since I subscribe to the national channels on DirecTV for just this reason. Usually, however, the Skins aren't on FOXE and the 700 channel HD games are blacked out if FOX43 is carrying them. FOX43 does broadcast in HD, but it's too far away for me to pick it up OTA.

If DirecTV would carry FOX43's HD broadcast, or if they would quit blacking out games carried on local TV, we could get all the Skins games in HD.

I fought like hell to get DNS..Distant Network channels in HD..That's the only reason I got to watch the game in HD today..

I do have my local channels on Directv so I would not have missed the game..They didnt black it out until the second half on NFLST because some games overextended.

This really comes from the Affiliates FOX and CBS...although the friggin NFL and Direct TV wanted this crap and fully supported this Bull****!

It's a complete load of crap and people are getting totally ripped off...

DR.z of CNNSI said he ehard there won't be backouts of NFLST next year But Like he said also..I'll believ it when I see it.

complain like hell to your local FOX channel it's really their fault.

Bottom line .. if the Skins play at 4:00, I usually get screwed!

Also .. what's the deal with the 4:00 game. It used to be that they always started with the kickoff at 4:15. Today the game started at 4:15 (so I'm told .. I of course wouldn't know since I DIDN'T GET TO SEE THE START OF THE GAME ALTHOUGH I"M PAYING FOR IT!). However, several of the other games we've played at "4:00" this season have started right at 4:00 which is a serious problem if the local (pinhead) affiliates are carrying a 1:00 game, which is like .. always!

As to the national feeds .. I wish. I used to get the nationals. It was great when ABC-East was the D.C. ABC affiliate and I got to see the nightly sports reports and Redskins Report with Sonny and Riggo every week. Then when they disconnected everyone from the nationals a few years back, I was forced to watch the local affiliates (absolute torture!).

I don't know man. I've had Sunday Ticket for 7yrs now and never had a black out problem. If I didn't get it on the 700's it was always on FOX or CBS. I never nissed a game unless I wasn't home and that doesn't happen much on a Sunday during Football season.

The complaint I do have is that when it's a national game I don't get to watch it in Hi-Def that I pay an extra $100 for. With Directv getting the locals in hi-def is a pain.

This is why I dropped Sunday Ticket, even though I am a Skins fan in Atlanta. The last season I had it, 6 or 7 of the games were broadcast locally. Based on that I figured that it was not worth it if my primary reason to have it was to watch Skins game. That, and at the time I wanted HD which Comcast gave a $400 credit to get and DirectTv wanted to charge me $700 for new equipment. A no brainer, I've been very happy with Comcast the only thing I miss sometimes is not have a Sunday ticket option. I just have to hit the sports bar to watch the game most weeks.

Archived