Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL Sunday Ticket Subscribers: Are You Angry?!

TD Riggo

AZ DirecTV watcher here. We got screwed too. The Cards Texans game went late on Fox10 while 712 was blacked out. The game ended, then they went to the news. I checked back with 712 and it was back on with around 11:00 in the 1st qtr. And I'm pissed I missed a flea flicker.

Overall I'm grateful for the Sunday Ticket.

This is why I dropped Sunday Ticket, even though I am a Skins fan in Atlanta. The last season I had it, 6 or 7 of the games were broadcast locally. Based on that I figured that it was not worth it if my primary reason to have it was to watch Skins game. That, and at the time I wanted HD which Comcast gave a $400 credit to get and DirectTv wanted to charge me $700 for new equipment. A no brainer, I've been very happy with Comcast the only thing I miss sometimes is not have a Sunday ticket option. I just have to hit the sports bar to watch the game most weeks.

So, if you have to go to a sports bar to watch 9 or 10 games, you are probably dropping about $100 per outing; more than you would pay for Sunday Ticket.

I'd sooner poke my eyes out with a hot poker than watch 9 or 10 Redskins games at a sports bar. I've had bad experiences with them. We went to a sports bar to watch Norv Turner's debut in '94 against the Seahawks. It was the only game they didn't have on 36 screens. We were sitting against this wall of TVs that had the Giants on the majority of them, so we started changing the channels on one TV hoping to find the game. All these jackass Giants fans started screaming at us! It wasn't like they couldn't look at all the other TVs to see their game. One of the managers approached us and told us we weren't allowed to touch the TVs. I asked him about getting the Redskins game on. He said he'd get it done, but he walked off and we didn't see him again for the rest of the afternoon.

Guest sith lord
I am just as pissed. I have Direct TV Sunday Ticket, and bought the high def package. But almost every game this year, because the Skins have been on tv locally, they black out the Skins game on Direct TV. So there goes my High Def games!!! It sucks!!!

That's the problem I have.

Archived