Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Next weeks hope to win schedule (Merged)

Mr. Nostril

Other than the Redskins game and winning out, the only game that matters the rest of the way is that New York/Kansas City game. If N.Y wins then I think its over. And obviously if the Cheifs beat the Giants then the Redskins win the division.

All those other scenarios involving Chicago and Minn and Tampa and Carolina and Atlanta are nothing but pie in the sky desperation pass hail mary attempts at making the playoffs. sorry, But Giants win this weekend and the Skins are out. thats my opinion and assessment. Plus it doesn't make my brain hurt as much trying to figure out all those other things.

Here's hoping the Chiefs can pull off an upset.

Actually, if you read my earlier post, you'll see that the other scenarios aren't "pie in the the sky". We just need to get over three teams that are currently in front of us. I chose Dallas, Atlanta and Minnesota because they are the teams closest to us. Winning out will take care of Dallas, that leaves Atlanta and Minnesota. The Falcons and the Vikings would have to lose just one game each. Looking at their schedules, that's entirely likely.

If that happens, and the Giants beat the Chiefs, we're a wild card. We don't have to win the division to make the playoffs.

We only need the Chiefs to win. If we win and they win then we control our own destiny for the division title.

I agree -- I still believe the best shot we have at the playoffs is winning the division. I think KC has a good shot at beating New York, and then the Skins just have to win out, and the division is ours. That's all there is to it.

Of course, we have to win out, and if we don't, this is all a moot point...

Saturday

Patriots over Bucs - On the long shot that we can win out and they lose the rest of their games.

Cheifs over Giants (obvious reasons)

Sunday

Saints over Panthers - This isn't the most important one, but when an NFC team seeded higher than us is playing an NFC team seeded lower than us, we want the lower one to win.

Rams over Eagles - It doesn't really affect us in anyway, but you know, just because.

Steelers over Minnesota - probably one of the most important ones. The Vikings are one of the teams we need to overtake. So we need them to lose.

Redskins over Cowboys - The reasons for this are so obvious, I should probably just omit it from the list.

Bears over Falcons - Another one of high importance. Falcons must lose games.

and don't forget to cheer for those Saints tomorrow.

I'm not convinced we want the Patriots to beat the Bucs. It would be to our advantage for the Bucs to win their division, forcing the Panthers into the wildcard race. It's to our advantage because we hold the wildcard tiebreaker over the Panthers, but not over the Bucs.

Saturday

Patriots over Bucs - On the long shot that we can win out and they lose the rest of their games.

Sunday

Saints over Panthers - This isn't the most important one, but when an NFC team seeded higher than us is playing an NFC team seeded lower than us, we want the lower one to win.

Rams over Eagles - It doesn't really affect us in anyway, but you know, just because.

Steelers over Minnesota - probably one of the most important ones. The Vikings are one of the teams we need to overtake. So we need them to lose.

Redskins over Cowboys - The reasons for this are so obvious, I should probably just omit it from the list.

I hope that happens. GO SKINS!!!

We only need the Chiefs to win. If we win and they win then we control our own destiny for the division title.

Way too much begging for other teams to lose. This team is in this predicament because they can't win BIG games against winning teams.. They have 2 straight BIG games coming up against winning teams.

I wouldn't worry about the Giants and Chiefs game. Actually I am not even counting on the Skins to beat the Cowboys. I hate the Cowboys and I love the Redskins, but DAllas has a better team than Washington because they have pass rushers. Don't count on 2 lucky passes to bail us out this time.

Way too much begging for other teams to lose. This team is in this predicament because they can't win BIG games against winning teams.. They have 2 straight BIG games coming up against winning teams.

I wouldn't worry about the Giants and Chiefs game. Actually I am not even counting on the Skins to beat the Cowboys. I hate the Cowboys and I love the Redskins, but DAllas has a better team than Washington because they have pass rushers. Don't count on 2 lucky passes to bail us out this time.

14-13, and we've only gotten better since then. Also I've got news for you, the P. Daniels has really steped up the past few weeks. We've been getting a pass rush. I'm not saying we have the problem solved long term, but Gregg Williams recently has been doing a great job with the players he has.

I agree that a pass rusher should be job #1 this offseason. That and getting Jason Campbell ready to play. I don't see any reason we can't sneak into the playoffs. If we make it we probably won't go far, but you have to walk before you run.

Games with emphasis only...

Chief over Giants..

Skins over Dallas..

Skins then control their own destiny for the division title..

Pittsburgh over Minnesota..

Chicago over Atlanta..

Skins over Dallas...

Skins are 6th seed for Wildcard at the end of the day and control their own destiny..(plus if KC wins Skins still have shot at Division)

basically everything else is "just in case" games we need for a down the road 9-7 wild card...that's not out of the question either.

Everyone can moan and groan but the Skins have the second best conference record right now..at 7-2...

we can afford to tie with anyone right now except Tampa..

A loss to Dallas adds them to the can't tie list....

This schedule is opoportunistic now to say the least.

a potential 10-6 record

5-1 divison

10-2 conference...

Not shabby if they pull it off.

Yes a big IF, but this team does have heart.

Now that the falcons have beat the saints, lets make it official. We want the Bears to win next week.

... unless the Vikings beat the Steelers, which would mean that if the Bears win we eliminate the Falcons and have to root against the Vikings but if the Falcons win we eliminate the Vikings or the Bears and have to root against the Falcons.

...or the Saints beat the Panthers, which would mean that either the Falcons or Panthers are already eliminated so that if the Bears win that just means we root against the Panthers and Vikings to lose one more and if the Falcons win we root against the Bears or the Vikings to lose one more.

We only really care about the Sunday Night game if the Steelers beat the Vikings AND the Panthers beat the Saints, in which case we definitely want the Bears to win.

There's the buccaneers. I hate to bring up that situation though. We should have the tiebreaker against them too.

We do NOT have the tiebreaker with Tampa. Head-to-head is and should be the first tiebreaker.

We MUST beat Dallas. If we do, we only need Chicago over Atlanta and Pittsburgh over Minnesota this week to be in the sixth spot (for now).

By the way, the Bears, Bucs, and Panthers can all be our friends by taking turns beating Atlanta. The Panthers can be doubly nice and beat Dallas as can the Bears by beating Minnesota. KC could help us by beating the Giants. We MUST help oursleves and beat the Cowboys and Giants, not to mention the Eagles.

Saturday

Sunday

Not that it matters, but you are just plain wrong about several of these pics.

We want the Bucs to beat the Pats. In fact we want the Bucs to win out and win the the NFC South because we can't win a tiebreaker with them.

We want the Vikes to win 3 straight and win the NFC North because we win any tiebreaker with the Bears.

We want the Bears to lose to the Falcons for the same reason above.

The Falcons can lose at TB next week to give them their 6th loss. We beat the Falcons in the tiebreakers.

Let's face it...we, as will the Skins, will be glued to the TV this saturday as the Chiefs go into Giants Stadium. If the Chiefs pull this one out, can you imagine the talk among the coaches and players about controlling their own destiny to win the division?

On the other hand, if the Giants win and go to 10-4 will will have to win out and hope that the Giants lose to the Raiders in the season finale to win the division. It could happen but I like the Chiefs chances better in NY than I do the Raiders chances in Oakland.

A Giants win and a Skins loss, and we can no longer win the division...

A Giants loss and a Skins win, and I think you HAVE to make us favorites to win the division.

A Giants win and a Skins win, see above...

A Giants loss and a Skins loss, Giants and Cowboys would have to lose their final 2 and we win our final two to win the division.

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Chiefs & GOOOOOOOOOOOOO Redskins!!!!!!

We just gotta forget all this stuff about other teams winning and losing. We have to worry about ourselves. I hope the players themselves arn;t thinking about who else wins or loses. Because nothing matters if we don;t win. If we win out im sure that good things will happen and we can go to the postseason. but our time is running short

Let's face it...we, as will the Skins, will be glued to the TV this saturday as the Chiefs go into Giants Stadium. If the Chiefs pull this one out, can you imagine the talk among the coaches and players about controlling their own destiny to win the division?

On the other hand, if the Giants win and go to 10-4 will will have to win out and hope that the Giants lose to the Raiders in the season finale to win the division. It could happen but I like the Chiefs chances better in NY than I do the Raiders chances in Oakland.

A Giants win and a Skins loss, and we can no longer win the division...

A Giants loss and a Skins win, and I think you HAVE to make us favorites to win the division.

A Giants win and a Skins win, see above...

A Giants loss and a Skins loss, Giants and Cowboys would have to lose their final 2 and we win our final two to win the division.

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Chiefs & GOOOOOOOOOOOOO Redskins!!!!!!

Now I'm not a smart man, BUT, how IN THE WORLD would the Redskins be favored to win the division? Even if the Giants lost and the Skins won, they would still be a FULL game behind the Giants w/ only two games to play, one of which would be against the Giants, who crushed the Redskins 36-0. I'm not saying the Skins don't have a chance, but c'mon, get real.

Excuse me, but I've noticed something wrong with some of these posts. You do NOT want the Bears to win the division. You want the VIKINGS to win the division. Why? Simple. If the bears finish 10-6 tied with Washington, Washington wins in the head to head match up.

Vikings win the North

Bears finish 10-6

Not that it matters, but you are just plain wrong about several of these pics.

We want the Bucs to beat the Pats. In fact we want the Bucs to win out and win the the NFC South because we can't win a tiebreaker with them.

We want the Vikes to win 3 straight and win the NFC North because we win any tiebreaker with the Bears.

We want the Bears to lose to the Falcons for the same reason above.

The Falcons can lose at TB next week to give them their 6th loss. We beat the Falcons in the tiebreakers.

Sorry, I didn't see this post. This guy is exactly 100% correct.

obviously if the skins win and the giants lose, the skins will have confidence that the division will be determined by them. its christmas eve and the fedex crowd will be louder than ever. if we do beat dallas, the crowd can be very hostile towards the giants. i do remember that the giants did have 8 or 9 false starts due to the crowd.

Now I'm not a smart man, BUT, how IN THE WORLD would the Redskins be favored to win the division? Even if the Giants lost and the Skins won, they would still be a FULL game behind the Giants w/ only two games to play, one of which would be against the Giants, who crushed the Redskins 36-0. I'm not saying the Skins don't have a chance, but c'mon, get real.

I don't know about the "favorite" but it is a home game. That gives the Redskins a slight advantage!

You beat me to it..... I actually think the Skins will beat the Giants this time around, but it's a huge stretch to call them a favorite, having lost 36-0 in game 1.

Archived