Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Next weeks hope to win schedule (Merged)

Mr. Nostril

Saturday

Patriots over Bucs - On the long shot that we can win out and they lose the rest of their games.

Cheifs over Giants (obvious reasons)

Sunday

Saints over Panthers - This isn't the most important one, but when an NFC team seeded higher than us is playing an NFC team seeded lower than us, we want the lower one to win.

Rams over Eagles - It doesn't really affect us in anyway, but you know, just because.

Steelers over Minnesota - probably one of the most important ones. The Vikings are one of the teams we need to overtake. So we need them to lose.

Redskins over Cowboys - The reasons for this are so obvious, I should probably just omit it from the list.

Bears over Falcons - Another one of high importance. Falcons must lose games.

and don't forget to cheer for those Saints tomorrow.

1) What about the Patriots over the Bucs?

2) Would Atlanta losing tomorrow cause us to hope they beat the Bears next week?

1) Sorry, I had already edited it and then came back and there was this reply.

2) I don't think so. Ideally I think we should hope for that cusion where we can actually lose a game and still make the playoffs. Hopefully it doesn't come to that, but you'd hate to lose it on one more close game.

If we win out, we'll have the tiebreaker advantage over every other playoff contenter. so all we really need is for at least three of the teams ahead of us to finish no better than 10-6.

not completely true. There's the buccaneers. I hate to bring up that situation though. We should have the tiebreaker against them too.

Also, it's worth mentioning, because of Murphy's law. That it's possible us to win out, and still miss the playoffs. The Vikings and Falcons would have to win out too though.

Bears over Falcons - Another one of high importance. Falcons must lose games.

I think we're pretty indifferent about this game.

If the Bears go 1-2 or 0-3 over their last three games, we can leapfrog them.

We only need Atlanta to lose 1, while we want the Bears to lose 2.

I have an ethic for these sorts of things. Get the easy scenarios out of the way. Once you've accomplished them, then hope for the long shots.

I would consider it very unlikely that a team that just ended an 8 game win streak would lose two of their last 3 during crunch time with a division opponent breathing on their necks.

Not really. We definitely want the Bears to beat the Falcons b/c the Bears have their division pretty much locked up. The Falcons are ahead of us for one of the wildcard spots.

Not really. We definitely want the Bears to beat the Falcons b/c the Bears have their division pretty much locked up. The Falcons are ahead of us for one of the wildcard spots.

A one game lead, with 3 games to go, including an away game against the team that's one game behind you is far from having your division locked up.

I have an ethic for these sorts of things. Get the easy scenarios out of the way. Once you've accomplished them, then hope for the long shots.

I would consider it very unlikely that a team that just ended an 8 game win streak would lose two of their last 3 during crunch time with a division opponent breathing on their necks.

The Vikings on a 6-game winning streak are only 1 game back of the Bears in the NFC North.

...and it's entirely possible for the Falcons to lose 1 game AND the Bears to lose 2.

I really don't think it makes much of a difference for a playoff chances whether the Falcons win or the Bears win next week. And if the Falcons lose tomorrow night, we will definitely want them to beat the Bears next week.

I really don't think it makes much of a difference for a playoff chances whether the Falcons win or the Bears win next week.

It's as simple as this. Bears beat falcons, we overtake a team in the wildcard race. Falcons beat bears we don't.

You have an argument if the falcons lose tomorrow night.

It's actually even easier than I thought. We need for at least three teams ahead of us, excluding the Bucs, to finish no better than 10-6.

If we win out and Dallas, Minnesota and Atlanta lose one game, we're in the playoffs, regardless of what happens with the other five teams. Dallas will have to lose one game if we win out, so we really only need one Falcons loss and one Vikings loss.

...so tonight, we should definitely be rooting for the Saints.

Go Saints!!! :applause:

These scenarios are pretty tricky, but hey lets just root for every NFC team to lose in this order.

WASH over DAl

KC over NY

*Pitt over Minn

*NE over TB

*CHI over ATL

*NO over Car

* The last 4 wont matter if we win the rest of our games , because we would have the tie breaker over Dallas and NY for the NFC East*

Okay, here's how to resolve the Bears-Falcons game:

-If the Falcons lose to the Saints on Monday Night, we will want the Falcons to win the rest of their games.

-If KC beats the Giants on Saturday, we don't really care what other teams do.

-If the Vikings lose to the Steelers on Sunday afternoon, we will want the Bears to beat the Falcons on Sunday night (because it will tie us with two teams, which would put us in the driver's seat) ... unless the Panthers lose to the Saints, in which case we won't care whether the Bears or Falcons win (because we will be guaranteed to be tied with the Panthers/Falcons who play each other Week 17).

-If the Vikings beat the Steelers on Sunday afternoon, we will not care whether the Falcons or Bears win on Sunday night (because either we will be tied with the Falcons or we will be tied with the Vikings/Bears who play each other in Week 17).

Basically, there are 3 ways we can control our destiny after next week. We must beat the Cowboys and either:

(1) KC beats the Giants on Saturday;

(2) Steelers beat the Vikings AND the Falcons lose (to either the Saints or the Bears); or

(3) Steelers beat the Vikings AND the Saints beat the Panthers.

Other than the Redskins game and winning out, the only game that matters the rest of the way is that New York/Kansas City game. If N.Y wins then I think its over. And obviously if the Cheifs beat the Giants then the Redskins win the division.

All those other scenarios involving Chicago and Minn and Tampa and Carolina and Atlanta are nothing but pie in the sky desperation pass hail mary attempts at making the playoffs. sorry, But Giants win this weekend and the Skins are out. thats my opinion and assessment. Plus it doesn't make my brain hurt as much trying to figure out all those other things.

Here's hoping the Chiefs can pull off an upset.

Archived