Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

We Want Dallas!!WE Made 1600 Posts!! UPDATE: HOW IT USED TO BE

Blondie

33630_m.gif

:wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd:

Check out this website http://www.americasteamsucks.com/

I would love it to hear the "WE WANT DALLAS!!!" chant when I watch the game on T.V. come Sunday. Especially sense my friend is coming over to watch the game and he is a Cowgirls fan.

:wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd:

Question:

Last week my friend (a Dallas fan) asked if I wanted to get together and watch the Boys/Skins game together. I don't like watching games with other people no matter if they are a fan of the opposition or not to begin with. So do I take the chance and invite him over to watch the game or do I decline his request and watch in solitude?

I'm with you Blondie

We need those going to the game to chant this throughout the game

From the 5 minute mark before the game, after singing Hail to the Redskins after every score, on key plays, and as the clock counts down in the 4th quarter

We Want Dallas!!!

We Want Dallas!!!

We Want Dallas!!!

:wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd:

I would love it to hear the "WE WANT DALLAS!!!" chant when I watch the game on T.V. come Sunday. Especially sense my friend is coming over to watch the game and he is a Cowgirls fan.

:wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd:

Let's remind the league what that stands for...

What a way to start a broadcast, the camera panning a packed stadium, a broadcaster talking, but he is barely audible, because 90,000 strong are chanting We Want Dallas!!!

:dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck Yeaaaaaah, Yeaaaaaaah, Yeaaaaaaah ! Yeaaaaaaah! Yeaaaaaaah! Yeaaaah! Yeaaaaaah! :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck Beat em , swamp em scalp em let the points flow fight on , fight on, until we've won washingtonions,

It's F-cking go time this week BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAIL TO THE REDSKINS, HAIL VICTORY!!!!!

:dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd:

And since brave wants to post articles, here's one for him:

Redskins Outclass Cowboys, 26-3, Gain Super Bowl Match With Miami

By George Solomon and Paul Attner

Washington Post Staff Writers

Monday, January 1, 1973; Page E1

The Washington Redskins found deliverance yesterday.

Playing with intense ferocity, they simply smashed the Dallas Cowboys, 26-3, to gain the National Football Conference championship and a trip to the Super Bow in Los Angeles Jan. 14.

Deprived of a championship for the last 30 years, the Redskins outclassed, outfought and outran the defending world champions before 53,129 spectators at RFK Stadium.

The Redskins, who won the NFC Eastern Division with an 11-3 record, will meet the AFC champion Miami Dolphins, 16-0, for the Nationa1 Football League championship.

On a gray but surprisingly warm afternoon, the Redskins spread sunshine all over this long-losing town. Bill Kilmer threw two touchdown passes to Charley Taylor and regular-season whipping boy Curt Knight kicked a playoff record four field goals without a miss.

'I'he Redskins defense confronted by quarterback Roger Staubach, held the Dallas offense to eight first downs and 169 yards. The Redskins hammered Staubach to the soggy turf six times as he attempted to pass.

Staubach, who led the Cowboys past Miami in the last Super Bowl and suffered a shoulder injury in August, was called on nine days ago with the Cowboys trailing San Francisco, 28-13, late in the fourth period. He produced a 30-28 victory and earned the starting job over Craig Morton for the showdown against Washington.

Staubach produced no miracles yesterday.

Led by Diron Talbert, Verlon Biggs, Ron McDole, Jack Pardee, Myron Pottlos and Manny Sistrunk, Washington defenders chased Staubach all over RFK Stadium and often caught him. .

When Staubach handed off, his runners found the path equally sticky. Calvin Hill gained 52 yards on nine carries and Walt Garrison only 15 on seven attempts.

The Redskins, who lived by Larry Brown's legs for 15 weeks, changed their operation slightly, Kilmer went skyward to exploit Taylor's mastery over left cornerback Charlie Waters and his replacement, Mark Washington.

In the second quarter, with the Redskins ahead 3-0, Kilmer zinged a perfect 15-yard touchdown pass to Taylor, who had whipped Waters on a slant inside.

Early in the fourth quarter, with the Redskins trying to increase a shaky 10-3 lead, Kilmer threw perhaps his finest pass of the year. The 45-yard bomb went to Taylor at the goal line after Taylor had beaten Mark Washington on a straight fly-pattern.

Overlooked by many all-star selectors, Kilmer saved his best effort for the title game. He completed 14 of 18 passes for 194 yards, while Staubach was 9-for-20 and 98 yards.

When Taylor crossed the goal, with 14:12 left to play, the Redskins had a 16-3 lead and Washingtonians began their New Year's celebrations.

The only unfinished business was Knight's extra-point kick and his field goals of 39, 46 and 45 yards. During the regular season, Knight had missed 16 of 30 field goal tries.

Knight's four field goals, including an 18-yarder in the second period, broke the NFC playoff record he and Dallas' Toni Fritsch set in the first playoff round. Fritsch kicked three against San Francisco, and Knight was 3-for-3 in the 16-3 victory over Green Bay here. .

When the game ended, hundreds of fans stormed the field to scream as coach George Allen was carried triumphantly to the Redskins' dugout entrance to the locker room,.

Allen, fired by the Los Angeles Rams two years ago, now returns to California to coach a Redskin team in the Super Bow. Prior to Allen's arrival, Washington had only three winning teams in the past 17 years.

The Cowboys, who split two regular-season games with the Redskins and reached the playoffs as the wild-card team, looked for inspiration from Staubach and all-pro defensive tackle Bob Lilly.

But inspiration was tough to find on the Dallas side.

The Redskins took control after the opening kickoff by marching steadily from their own 20 to the Dallas 37.

But the Cowboys' Cliff Harris recovered Larry Brown's fumble on the 30 after Kilmer threw what appeared to be a first-down strike to Brown, who bobbled the ball.

While the Redskins proved they could gain yardage, the Cowboys were stifled.

Late in the first period, Brown and Charley Harraway began heating up and, with Kilmer mixing plays nicely, the Redskins drove to the Dallas 11.

The Cowboys held, and the revived Knight trotted confidently onto the field to ram through the 18-yarder for a 3-0 lead with 9 45 left in the second quarter.

Minutes later, Kilmer tested Waters, a third-year back who lost his starting job when burned by Roy Jefferson in Dallas a year ago. Taylor bolted past Waters, and Kilmer dropped a 51-yard pass in Taylor's hands at the Dallas 21.

Three snaps later, from the 15, Taylor nudged inside Waters on a slant to catch Kilmer's touchdown pass with 5 33 left in the half. The Redskins led, 10-0, after Knight's conversion.

Until that time, the Cowboys had no first downs. But, on the first play after the kickoff, Talbert was called for roughing Staubach, and Dallas had a first down at its 32. Staubach then sent his backs left and sprinted right for 29 yards to the Redskins' 39.

But the Redskins held and Dallas scored on Fritsch's 35-yard field goal, which hit the left upright and bounced through.

Two minutes later, Fritsch's luck turned. His 23-yard field goal attempt on the final play of the first half was wide left, and the Redskins led at halftime, 10-3.

Since he joined the Cowboys a year ago, Fritsch had not missed in 15 field-goa1 tries inside the 30-yard line.

Dallas was down on its luck in the third quarter, too.

The Redskins faced third-and-two at their 31. Kilmer fumbled the center snap and, with the ball bouncing toward the Redskins goal, two Cowboys made desperate lunges.

But Jerry Smith, who did not catch a pass, recovered on the Washington 18.

Later in the third quarter, the Redskins moved for the kill in a drive from their own 22. Brown, who totaled 88 yards in 30 carries, did some creditable legwork as the Redskins advanced to their 48.

On third and six Kilmer threw to Taylor, who made a sensational catch at the Dallas 45 as Clark Washington hung on like a drape.

Brown gained five on the final play of the period, then lost five to open the final quarter, and Kilmer again launched Taylor at Clark Washington.

Taylor struggled past linebacker D. D. Lewis beyond the line and bolted past Washington. Kilmer threw over Washington and Taylor never broke stride in taking the pass into the end zone.

Knight's conversion kick pushed the Redskins ahead, 17-3, mere seconds into the final period.

Staubach, fighting a determined charge by the Redskins, tried to crank up a rally after Knight's kickoff was returned to the Dallas 15.

An illegal-motion penalty nullified Staubach's eight-yard scramble on first down, and Garrison gained eight before a pass-interference penalty gave Dallas a first down at the 31.

On first down, linebacker Chris Hanburger sacked Staubach at the 23 and, on second down, Hill fumbled Staubach's swing pass while falling forward and Ron McDole recovered at the Dallas 38, the Cowboys' furthest advance of the second half.

Four plays later Knight ran up the white flag for Dallas, by kicking his 39-yarder with 10 21 left and increasing the lead to 20-3.

On the next series, Staubach was sacked once for a 10-yard loss, before Garrison was stopped for no gain and Hanburger broke up a pass. Marv Bateman's 35-yard punt set up Knight's field goal from 46 yards with 6:13 left, for a 23-3 lead.

Staubach again was thrown for a loss on first down, then hit Billy Parks for 21 yards and Hill for eight before three incompletions,. the last on fourth down at the Dallas 38.

After two rushes by Brown and one by Harraway, Knight added his final field goal, from the 45 with 1:16 left. .

On the sidelines, Charley Taylor, who had seven receptions for 146 yards, grabbed center Len Hauss by the shoulder pads and the two seemed to stare at each other for 10 seconds. In years of service, Hauss and Taylor have been with the Redskins longest — nine years.

Many of these years were lean and dry. But now, with people in the stands singing "Amen" and a town going crazy, the Redskins finally were off to the Super Bowl.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/sports/redskins/longterm/1997/history/allart/72cowboys.htm© Copyright 1972 The Washington Post Company

:wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd:

Redskins Top Cowboys, Reach Super Bowl

By Paul Attner

Washington Post Staff Writer

Monday, January 23, 1982; Page A1

It couldn't get much sweeter than this for the Washington Redskins. In a madhouse called RFK Stadium, they got all the revenge and respect they wanted yesterday by beating the Dallas Cowboys, 31-17, to earn their second trip to the Super Bowl.

"This was the way it was suppose to be," Coach Joe Gibbs said in an emotion-filled dressing room after taking a congratulatory telephone call from President Ronald Reagan. "I haven't even thought about the Super Bowl. This is our Super Bowl, this was everything rolled into one. The Redskins versus Dallas, the team we wanted to beat the most. How can you top that.?"

The Redskins won the NFC title game and a berth in Super Bowl XVII next Sunday in Pasadena, Calif., because the Hogs, their young offensive line, dominated the Cowboys' front four, allowing fullback John Riggins to grind out 140 time-consuming, spirit breaking yards.

They won because defensive tackle Darryl Grant was able to run 10 yards to the Dallas end zone with a fourth-quarter pass that was tipped by defensive end Dexter Manley, the Redskin who most dislikes the Cowboys.

They won because Mike Nelms nearly returned a kickoff for a touchdown in the third period after almost handing Dallas a score on a fumble.

They won because Dallas, which lost starting quarterback Danny White (concussion) late in the second quarter, committed three turnovers that error-free Washington turned into 17 points.

They won because of a raucous sellout crowd of 55,045 that refused to stop rocking the stadium even when the Cowboys had closed to 21-17 late in the third period.

They won because Dallas had beaten them six straight times, an accomplishment that drove them all week. And then won because they thought no one respected them even though they had the best record in the NFL.

"People didn't think we were any good: Dallas didn't think we were any good," guard Mark May said. "Dallas said they would take on the Hogs straight up and we wouldn't run on them like we ran on Minnesota. Tell them I hope they have fun watching the Super Bowl on television. This was our revenge. This was the Hogs' revenge."

Now the Redskins will take a day off to watch the Miami Dolphins and New York Jets play in the AFC title game. "It will take that long for this all to sink in," said linebacker Mel Kaufman, who had a crucial fourth-quarter interception. "It's been a long time since something like this has happened to this town."

It's been a decade since the town has been able to celebrate a Super Bowl team. The Redskins made it to Super Bowl VII by defeating the Cowboys, 26-3, in a game they dominated almost from the start. Yesterday, they came much closer to staying home next week before Kaufman's interception and Grant's touchdown finally ended Dallas' chances.

For the Cowboys, it was the third straight year they had lost in the NFC Championship game. "We didn't have the intensity we needed to stop them," Coach Tom Landry said. "We never got on a good roll. The Redskins were on a roll all year."

This was a day that belonged especially to Riggins and the Hogs, who had been outplayed by Dallas Dec. 5, when the Cowboys gave the Redskins their only loss of the season, 24-10. Riggins gained just 26 yards that day, and the Cowboys sacked Joe Theismann seven times.

But on this afternoon, no one was stopping Riggins or the line, which just gave up three sacks.

Riggins, who had 199 yards two weeks ago against Detroit and a career-high 185 against Minnesota last week, gave the offense the power it needed early and late against a usually overpowering Dallas rush defense. The third straight 100 yard plus performance in the playoffs was an NFL record, and afterward , he was ecstatic.

"I've waited a long time for this, he said. "I'm really thrilled. TO tell you the truth, after the strike, I wasn't sure if I wanted to continue the season. I was ready to pack my bags and head for Kansas. Boy, what a mistake that would have been>"

Riggins was helped by a revised Redskin game plan. "We changed some stuff for this game," guard Russ Grimm said. "We were zone blocking last time and not coming off quickly. We went more man-to-man, more double teams this time.

"We decided to take them on, be physical and let the best man win. But we knew we had to run if we were going to win."

Gibbs helped the line by using a new offensive set. He split out tight end Rick Walker, making him into a third wide receiver, and used tight end Don Warren as a man in motion, to block middle linebacker Bob Breunig. The alignment spread out the Cowboys' defense, making it easier to work in the middle.

Dallas opened with a 27-yard field goal and the Redskins responded with an 84-yard, nine-play drive that ended on a 19-yard pass from Theismann to Charlie Brown, who cleanly beat Dennis Thurman. Riggins gained 32 yards in that series.

On the Redskins' next possession, Riggins gained 24 yards and Theismann completed two passes, but Mark Moseley missed a chip-shot field goal from 27 yards. Dallas then committed its first mistake, when rookie Rod Hill muffed a towering punt by Jeff Hayes just before being hit by linebacker Monte Coleman.

The ball bumbled into the end zone, where Coleman feel on it. But under NFL rules, a muff can't be advanced by the defensive team, so the Redskins took over on the 10.

"I was set wide on our punt coverage team and only one guy, Everson Walls, was on me,: said Coleman, a special teams star who usually has two blockers on him. "I was surprised. I just overpowered Walls. I saw the ball hit Hill's arms and roll down. I just went for it. I thought I had a touchdown." The touchdown came four plays later, when Riggins plunged ion from a yard out. Moseley's kick made it 14-3 with 2:41 left in the half.

With 32 seconds remaining, the Cowboys were threatening on the Redskins' 32. White dropped back against the blitzing outside linebackers. He started to pass when Manley, who had beaten tackle Pat Donovan on an inside stunt, broke up the middle and hit White on the dead run. The pass was incomplete and White knocked out on his feet. He walked off with help, and never returned.

That appeared to be the end for Dallas. Instead, the Cowboys almost got on their own roll during the third quarter behind quarterback Gary Hogeboom, a third-year player who had thrown only eight passes in the NFL.

"it was getting airy out there for a while, but with our team, you always know we are going to come up with the big play," safety Tony Peters said. "You don't know when it's going to happen, but it will happen."

The Cowboys started a comeback when Hogeboom passed six yards to Drew Person against a blitz for a touchdown, cutting a 14-3 half-time deficit to 14-10. The Redskins' offense, after dominating the opening 18 minutes, was being hindered now by bad field position and a much tougher Cowboy defense.

A big play came moments later. Nelms, who earlier had fumbled the opening second-half kickoff, took this one down the right sideline through the initial pack of tacklers. A fine block by Wilbur Jackson on Rafael Septien cleared the way until the Cowboys' 21, where the 76-yard return ended on a tackle by Thurman.

"That maybe was the key play of the game," Gibbs said.

Theismann and Brown combined for a 22-yard touchdown pass to the Dallas six, with Brown making the catch on his knees. Then Riggins, behind a fine block by Grimm, ran the final four for a 21-10 lead.

But Hogeboom wasn't finished. Again, another blitz, he completed a 23-yard pass to Butch Johnson with 3:25 left in the third period. Then he had Dallas on the Washington 23 early in the fourth quarter, but Septien missed a 42-yard field goal, breaking his playoff record streak at 15 (he earlier had made a 27-yarder).

The Redskins' offense needed another break. It got it moments later when Hogeboom tried to pass to Tony Hill down the right sideline. Kaufman, covering anyone in his short zone, saw the ball coming and made a fine leaping, over-the-shoulder interception at the Dallas 40.

Seven plays later, Moseley made his first field goal after four straight misses. His 29-yarder came after yet another pass from Theismann to Brown, this one a 13-yarder against a safety blitz that had given the Redskins so much trouble in the first game.

Seventeen seconds later, the outcome was all but determined. On first down form the 20 after the ensuing kickoff, the Cowboys called one of their delayed screen passes. Hogeboom waited, but when he threw toward Tony Dorsett in the flat, the onrushing Manley leaped and tipped the ball.

Grant, an offensive guard who was converted to defensive tackle late last season, caught up to the deflection at the 10. Grant broke a tackle at the five before scoring with 6:55 remaining. As he was overwhelmed by celebration teammates, the crowd began celebrating the Super Bowl trip.

In a few moments, the Redskins celebrated too, by carrying Gibbs off the field. But first they had to wait out a bizarre ending. With 12 seconds left, both teams thought the game was over and left the field, only to be called back when referee Jerry Seeman insisted the Cowboys run a final play. They did, with Pearson playing quarterback and falling on the ball.

Afterward, Theismann, who had three interceptions in the December game but none this game, was near tears.

"I'm the happiest man in the world," he said. "I never thought this would happen to us or to me. This is the greatest moment of my life. We beat the Cowboys, we're going to the Super Bowl. What else could you want?"

© Copyright 1983 The Washington Post Company

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/sports/redskins/longterm/1997/history/allart/83cowboys.htm

DALLAS SUCKS THEY REALLY REALLY SUCK! WE WANT DALLAS :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck

Archived