Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

We Want Dallas!!WE Made 1600 Posts!! UPDATE: HOW IT USED TO BE

Blondie

I'm having awful flashbacks of Roger Staubach throwing a last minute TD against us to knock us out of contention on Dec. 16, 1979.

From the Post:

Cowboys End Redskin Season

By Paul Attner

Washington Post Staff Writer

Monday, December 17, 1979; Page C1 [/b]

:kungfu: :kungfu: :kungfu:

This is NOT how I wanted to get hyped.

Blondie

The fan in me wants Dallas like in 82 when Grant gave White the concussion or the times when Dexter and Mann would crush them. But the realist in me is very scared. Brunell will mess this up along with conservative play calling, meanwhile Parcell's will open the playbook up as he did today and will score points by our inability to get to Bledsoe. Also Williams taking LaVar out on 3rd down if he plays will also be a BIG MISTAKE. All I know is this I will be there and should my gut feelings come true I will be on the field getting arrested but I will have someone's neck firmly between my hands choking the living crap out of them :dallasuck .

I am just kidding about the arrest part I have a 9 and 10 year old that keeps be grounded. I seriously hope we sweep the Cowboys but really Gibbs conservatism, Brunells play the last 2 months really have me scared. :2cents:

Hey Chopper Dave...why don't you have Tony Iommi in your sig photo???

I second this.

But more importantly I will be screaming my ass off in section 316 next Sunday. Bring on the mfers, it's Dallas week and it means something BIG.

I'm having awful flashbacks of Roger Staubach throwing a last minute TD against us to knock us out of contention on Dec. 16, 1979.

From the Post:

Cowboys End Redskin Season

By Paul Attner

Washington Post Staff Writer

Monday, December 17, 1979; Page C1

Irving, Tex., Dec. 16 — The Redskins came within 140 seconds today of reaching their impossible dream. Then the brilliance of Dallas quarterback Roger Staubach turned the afternoon into a 35-34 nightmare that will haunt them the rest of the winter.

"The Lord giveth and He can take it away in a hurry; that's the only way to understand what took place here," said Coach Jack Pardee, still stunned by a Cowboy comeback that erased a 13-point Redskin lead and knocked Washington out of the playoffs.

Until the final 140 seconds, the Redskins were on the verge of winning the NFC East title. Two Staubach touchdown passes, one with 2:20 to play, the last with 39 seconds left, brought the world crashing around their heads."

I was 11 when that happened, and it has haunted me for all these years. Sure, the pain went away in the '82 NFC Championship game. And that year Turner swept them was nice, even though that season was a losing effort.

But if we can win this game next Sunday, putting us over them in the standings due to a sweep, and if that catapults us into the playoffs somehow, then I may finally be able to go on living a normal life. The innocence of my youth was taken from me on Dec. 16, 1979, my fellow fans. I want it back!!!! And I want Dallas!!!! I WANT THEM TO PAY!!!!!!

Screw that-- all I care about is 14-13 right now. And I want to make it worse. I want Bledsoe to the ground. I want Roy Williams to get trucked. I want Marion Barber humbled. I want the Tuna upset. I want Keyshawn hit in the mouth. I want the chants. I want the fights. I want Joe Gibbs elation. I want it all, baby.

FedEx better be loud next Sunday. We (as in the fans) also better shut up any Cowboy fans there. DON'T LET THE COWBOY FANS CHEER AT ALL. We are going to need this home field advantage considering how poorly Mark Brunell has been playing.

BENCH MARK BRUNELL. I mean... WE WANT DALLAS!

hey blondie thanks for starting the game threads each week it makes my game watching experience even better. i live in new jersey i dont have anyone here who feels the same emotions as i so its great to express my feeling about the game with people who give a damn.

I just hope Gibbs has something completely different planned for next week, because if we stay the way we are like the last 4 or 5 weeks, we are just a small speed bump in the road to getting steamrolled.

It would be AWESOME to sweep Dallas this year!

Dallas. A 6 letter word that makes my stomache turn. A sickening city that never should have been, an enemy, a roadblock, you think you will stand in our way??, your colors are those of puke and losers. Your star is far from a shooting one, and no one is wishing on it, you will fall hard. You will fall hard in REDSKINS country. We will put more heart,fight,guts,blood, than you can. you will fall to us. you are cowpukes,and its time for your skinnin'

Actually guys there is bad news. You see, when the season started, many people who post on here and shall remain nameless to protect the accused, as well as some so called experts who love the cowgirls and have trailer trash moustaches, said that Julius Jones was going to run for 1800 yds. The bad news is that so far this year he has 644 yds. That means in the next three games he is going to average 400 yds per game.

OK OK, say it with me now, 1..........2............3.....................

OVERRATED!

Actually guys there is bad news. You see, when the season started, many people who post on here and shall remain nameless to protect the accused, as well as some so called experts who love the cowgirls and have trailer trash moustaches, said that Julius Jones was going to run for 1800 yds. The bad news is that so far this year he has 644 yds. That means in the next three games he is going to average 400 yds per game.

OK OK, say it with me now, 1..........2............3.....................

OVERRATED!

Then again, we have had a penchant for allowing one or two really long runs against our D in several games this year.

My biggest fear is that Bledsoe is throwing for a lot of yards in games where he doesn't get pressured or sacked. And if I remember correctly, we did a terrible job in the pass rush last time we played them. If Greg Williams is saving anything for a special game, then this week is it.

Archived