Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

dont judge by age/overambitousness (if its a word!)

Sherlock Holmes

ok, generally i have gotten nothing but respect from this forum. but i resent the fact that a posters age should be taken into account when replying to a post. doesnt really matter does it?

anyhow, although i really cant see us losing against the cards, and i wont dare say we will lose to the boys, i just dont see us beating the Giants. i really really hope that the game at meadowlands was a one off, but either way that'll be the game that breaks our playoff hopes.

I was just thinking this morning... That we really can beat those Giants. Eli is only completing 51% of his passes, and if we stop their running game, the game will definately be close. Our biggest mistake last time was that we primarilly tried to prevent the pass, and let Tiki run wild. That won't happen again.

Their defense has played well, but we should definately be able to put up some points against them. And when you add the fact that we are at home...

I think we match up well with the Giants. We're finally starting to get those turnovers and I think we'll know how to play them this time around. If we can go into that game riding a 3 game winning streak, then I certainly wouldn't bet against us. Eli is definately overrated.

But we have to beat Arizona first

15 to 51...we are all kids at heart. I feel the same as you. The Giants are a good football team. It was Joe Gibbs who said that he would get sick to his stomach every time he saw blue. However, with all that I have seen of this team's offense and with the one promise, indirectly, that he, Joe Gibbs, was to fault for the result of that game with the NYGs, insinuated, on the coaching side of the game, that this will not happen again.

So, for all intents and purposes, this matchup will be one hell of a football game. I surely hope the gurney is oiled and ready to go cause both teams are going to play this one hard.

Keep up doin' what you're doin'. You're part of a family. Hail Redskins!

:laugh: ya it happens o well they have a lot more knowledge and wisdom of whats happened in the past and usually know more than we do abotu whats goin on now so ill accept the comments although i dont usually agree with em :)

i honestly think the giants game will define this season and our near future i think we have a great opportunity/chance and eli is overrated his qb rating is just 77-something he is not that good besides springs rogers and taylor can match up with any receiver/tight end that tehy can throw at us...with griffin arrington and salave'a listed as at least probable for that game it will be just like every other game against a good team this year...down to the wire

turnovers, field position and penalties will decide the game

Couple of thoughts:

1) if you don't want your age to show, go to User CP, then Edit Profile, and take your birthday out. Easy. :)

2) yes, there are some "older" types who seem quick to try use the age thing as a crutch in debating "younger" types, but I don't see it all that often. And frankly, when I DO, I see it reflecting worse on the older guy for being so weak as it does on the younger guy.

3) when a youngster makes a good point, I've seen plenty of older types acknowledge and even praise it. Works both ways.

4) of course, there are the times taking a younster to task a bit is completely justified ... times when youngsters make broad, sweeping pronouncements about things that happened long before their daddies even looked at their mommies with that certain gleam in their eyes; things that anyone with a little mileage on them knows to be utterly without basis. In those cases, it's rare when a younger guy, once taken to task, has the maturity to admit that maybe he/she was a bit, shall we say, premature in his/her assessment. :)

Couple of thoughts:

1) if you don't want your age to show, go to User CP, then Edit Profile, and take your birthday out. Easy. :)

2) yes, there are some "older" types who seem quick to try use the age thing as a crutch in debating "younger" types, but I don't see it all that often. And frankly, when I DO, I see it reflecting worse on the older guy for being so weak as it does on the younger guy.

3) when a youngster makes a good point, I've seen plenty of older types acknowledge and even praise it. Works both ways.

4) of course, there are the times taking a younster to task a bit is completely justified ... times when youngsters make broad, sweeping pronouncements about things that happened long before their daddies even looked at their mommies with that certain gleam in their eyes; things that anyone with a little mileage on them knows to be utterly without basis. In those cases, it's rare when a younger guy, once taken to task, has the maturity to admit that maybe he/she was a bit, shall we say, premature in his/her assessment. :)

times when youngsters make broad, sweeping pronouncements about things that happened long before their daddies even looked at their mommies with that certain gleam in their eyes.

ok yep i accept that definitely. everyone posts things in anger, before really thinking them through and i suppose they do deserve to be put into place:applause:

times when youngsters make broad, sweeping pronouncements about things that happened long before their daddies even looked at their mommies with that certain gleam in their eyes.

ok yep i accept that definitely. everyone posts things in anger, before really thinking them through and i suppose they do deserve to be put into place:applause:

Well played, sir. :)

ok, generally i have gotten nothing but respect from this forum. but i resent the fact that a posters age should be taken into account when replying to a post. doesnt really matter does it?

anyhow, although i really cant see us losing against the cards, and i wont dare say we will lose to the boys, i just dont see us beating the Giants. i really really hope that the game at meadowlands was a one off, but either way that'll be the game that breaks our playoff hopes.

Don't sweat it. Age doesn't have to mean you don't know what you're talking about. It's just that as time goes by, you realize you didn't know squat when you were young. Although you sure thought you did.

[Rodney Dangerfield] No offense[/Rodney Dangerfield]

The biggest thing is unless you have a huge DVD collection of complete games, you really don't know what you are talking about. Highlight reels only tell you so much. Seeing where players fit into the flow of the game is much more important. That's why Art Monk doesn't get as much love as he deserves. He's been pigeonholed and defined by his stats only as time goes on.

People glorify Riggins and demonize Portis. IMO, Portis has a lot more skills. He is easily the most underappreciated Redskin on the roster.

Yeah whatever. What to you kids know?

What? They said....... ;)

I don't look at the age when I see posts. Well. Not all the time. Sometimes I'll see one and look at the age. Found myelf surprised on more than one occassion when I saw a 2,3,or a 4 in front of the the other. If you know what I mean.

( Not that I'm one to talk..er...type ;) ).

The reason this thread got started was due to some responses on another thread that had top do with Shaun Alexander. Let me first say, I LOVE when yound men and women embrace sports...the Redskins in particular. I was 15 years old and would cry real tears when the Skins would lose. True passion, I think, starts when you are young and grows into something awesome!

Then I made a response to someone who said, "gosh this guy is dumb...go play Madden 06 but don't talk that non sense in here."

The "non-sense" that was being referred to was just a simple "open-discussion" on whether or not Shaun Alexander MIGHT be a better fit here in Washington. We don't need to re hash that topic on this thread...there is another thread that has been opened for that discussion.

The person who made the above comment happened to be young, and yes, I noted it. But it was the content of his response that made him immature, not his age.

Listen fellow Redskin bretherin...We all want the same thing...for the Skins to become a dominant team once again. There are 1,600 some odd players in the NFL. many of them will become free agents and will be pursued by many teams. Some are "high prifil" some are middle of the road. We can discuss our differences of opinions without calling each "dumb" or telling eacho ther to go play Madden 06. We can agree to disagree. None of us make the decisions for the team anyways.

Can't we all just get along?

Overambitiousness??? Well, it's hard not to highlight your age if you're going to make neologisms like this. A truly rudimentary comment. Age and wisdom would prohibit such nonsense.

Just kidding. But you will get more respect if you articulate your message clearly and confluently.

How about overambitious, ambitiousness, over ambition

If you were older all of your predictions would be correct. Just look at some of the 30 and 40 year old posters on this board. None of them have ever said anything inane and stupid. haha:laugh: j/k

If you know your stuff then people shouldn't be calling out your age. If they are calling out your age, odds are they don't know sh!+ and are unable to refute your posts. Fact is agism is the same as racism; it is a bias that is only based on discrimination. That being said there you can read retarded comments from every age group. Next time someone calls out your age just say, 'I think I know you, I believe you hired me to mow your lawn a couple weeks ago, and your wife hired me to mow hers as well:D "

To all the youngsters out there, myself included, follow what certain posters say.1 day on this board and you can figure out who really knows their stuff and who doesn't. While it is ignorant to dbate based on age, you should pay close attention to those who articulate quality arguments. You might learn something you didn't knwo, or just learn how to format an argument so that others are more willing to accept it. Patience my friend is the key, that and tough skin.

embar.gif

As one of the older types here, I'd like to say to the youngsters that we appreciate your opinions and insights. Looking at a situation with a fresh pair of eyes is always helpful.

However, there is one rule that everyone should be able to abide by and that is :

Always be respectfully of each other and also be respectful for the rich history this franchise has brought to the NFL.

Couple of thoughts:

and even praise it. Works both ways.

Mileage?

:thud:

:cry:

Gonna take a lot to make THIS up to me Om.

;)

Blondie

15 to 51...we are all kids at heart. I feel the same as you. The Giants are a good football team. It was Joe Gibbs who said that he would get sick to his stomach every time he saw blue. However, with all that I have seen of this team's offense and with the one promise, indirectly, that he, Joe Gibbs, was to fault for the result of that game with the NYGs, insinuated, on the coaching side of the game, that this will not happen again.

So, for all intents and purposes, this matchup will be one hell of a football game. I surely hope the gurney is oiled and ready to go cause both teams are going to play this one hard.

Keep up doin' what you're doin'. You're part of a family. Hail Redskins!

I agree with Cherokee and I'll be ready oiled gurney and all until it's all over.

Archived