Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I'm so disgusted with myself.

jrfriedm

So I've recently started dating this really awesome girl, who happens to be from Kansas. So naturally she is a big Kansas City Chiefs fan. And I have heard her say numerous times how she really wants to get a Chiefs jersey. So I have bought her a Tony Gonzalez jersey for Christmas, and I hate myself for it. I can't believe that I'm giving my hard earned money to another team (even if it is for an incredible lady).

Has anybody else ever had these types of mixed feelings about buying another teams Jersey?

Hey, I don't see a problem with it....you know your a Redskin fan and you got to respect/love that your girl loves football too and I don't see a problem with you giving her a K.C. jersey for Christmas....hell, maybe she will give you a Skins jersey....

Teams share merchandising revenue if I am correct. So you would be giving money to other teams no matter what you bought.

You are correct, in fact I heard Jerry Jones biatching about that awhile back, that the cowboys sell way more merchandise and have to split the proceeds :laugh:

Hey' date=' I don't see a problem with it....you know your a Redskin fan and you got to respect/love that your girl loves football too and I don't see a problem with you giving her a K.C. jersey for Christmas....hell, maybe she will give you a Skins jersey....[/quote']

Actually, I think it's awesome that she's a football fan. And I'm really glad that we didn't start really talking until three days after the K.C. game this year, so I didn't have to take too much :pooh: from her.

She was actually trying very hard to get us tickets to the Redskins vs. Dallas game on the 18th for my Christmas present, but she couldn't find anything under $200 a ticket, and considering she still has to pay for her plan ticket back to Kansas for Christmas, she just couldn't swing it. But I thought that was an awesome intention.

At least she isn't a Cowboys/Eagles/Giants fan. Then you would have a problem. KC? Ehe, who cares? They are an AFC team that we play every 5 years or so.

My parents once tried to buy me a Terry Allen jersey and bought me a Marcus Allen Chiefs jersey. Saw the red and saw the "Allen" and though good enough. In retrospect, the Marcus Allen jersey was hella better than Terry Allen. Terry Allen was the suck after 2 years.

You should get a skins jersey as well, place that on top so she sees it first, then tell her you thought you'd convert her to a skins fan, maybe she'll throw a little pouting fit, then you can tell her if the skins arent playing she can wear the KC jersey thats underneath ;)

It would be different if she was a Cowboys fan then I would have to call you a fool. I would just have to get her some earrings or something like that. But if you really dig this girl then you did the right thing. My wife is an avid Panthers fan and it doesn't bother me unless we are playing eachother. When I am out buying myself a hat or jersey or other Redskins apparel I would always get her something with the Panthers on it. It just shows that I am thinking about her.

Archived