Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

6-6 Record

DaFunky1

It has been a rollercoaster ride so far and I'm looking forward to the stretch run. I noticed we are the only team right now at .500. Every other team either is below .500 or above.

I think we will finish 9-7 looking at the schedule. I'm hoping for 10-6 and winning the division, but I think the Skins will drop one of the last four games. Not sure against who, but if I had to guess I'd say the Giants.

I'm hopefull that even if we don't make the playoffs we sweep Dallas and Philly at a minimum.

Peace

Question.... for everyone... when was the last time (s) we were at .500 or better at this point in the season during the post Gibbs era?

Our playoff run in 99 is the only one that comes to my mind. Which other seasons am I missing? I know there haven't been many...

Question.... for everyone... when was the last time (s) we were at .500 or better at this point in the season during the post Gibbs era?

Our playoff run in 99 is the only one that comes to my mind. Which other seasons am I missing? I know there haven't been many...

You're forgetting the infamous 7-1 start followed by utter collapse to a 9-7 record. The following year we were 8-7-1 (Michael Westbrook helmet removal moving us out of field goal range against the giants leading to the tie).

I think they were 7-6 when Norval got fired...in 2000

A few times I can recall. The 7-1 start under Norv. The '99 playoff season. Weren't we 6-2 at one point during the Fortune 500 season. Marty got us to 5-5. Did we drop two straight after that?

You're forgetting the infamous 7-1 start followed by utter collapse to a 9-7 record. The following year we were 8-7-1 (Michael Westbrook helmet removal moving us out of field goal range against the giants leading to the tie).

:cry: :cry:

Todd makes me sad.

I digress, but that was the only year that penalty was enforced. :doh:

Ahh... how could I forget. :doh: Oh wait, I remember now, that was when I was using a tobacco water pipe on a regular basis for substances other than tobacco. no wonder I forgot :doh: :doh:

Wasn't that the year we were sailing along just fine and then Buffalo kicked the living #### out of us?

It has been a rollercoaster ride so far and I'm looking forward to the stretch run. I noticed we are the only team right now at .500. Every other team either is below .500 or above.

I think we will finish 9-7 looking at the schedule. I'm hoping for 10-6 and winning the division, but I think the Skins will drop one of the last four games. Not sure against who, but if I had to guess I'd say the Giants.

I'm hopefull that even if we don't make the playoffs we sweep Dallas and Philly at a minimum.

Peace

I remember that year...i think we lost a close one to San Francisco also in that year. :mad:

In 1985 the Redskins under Gibbs were 5-5 after ten games and won 5 of their last 6 to go 10-6. However, that was not good enough to make the post season.

In 1989, the Redskins were in the exact same position they are now at 6-6 after 12 games. They won their last 4 games and went 10-6. Again, this was not good enough to make the post season.

(In Stephen A. Smith voice) HOWEVAH! In 1990, the NFL added an additional wild card spot. Had there been two NFC wild card's in '85 and '89, the Skins would have been playoff bound.

Yeah, the last time was the Marty year. 2001. We had a run of five in a row to go 5-5. Then we hosted Dallas. Big game. Dallas sucked, they were only 2-8. No way we were going to lose this game in our house.

Then we dropped it. That one hurt. Classic showdown vs. Dallas at home and we blew it.

Then we won the next one. 6-6. Four games left. We're 6-1 the last 7 games. Legitimate shot at the playoffs.

Then we hosted Philly. Another big division game. Tons of Philly fans at the stadium. Emotions high.

We sucked. I believe that was the tear gas game. To me, that loss was probably one of the most devastating emotional losses I've had since our new stadium opened. All the hopes of the season evaporated that night.

Then we lost again. Won the next two, but who cares? Finished 8-8.

I wouldnt be fine with be happy with JUST a sweep of a Cowboys and Eagles. Thats is always good, but not good enough. Its either playoffs or this season is a failure.

The playoffs, actually the Super Bowl, is always the goal, but when was the last time the Skins swept either team?

I think a winning season, with or without the playoffs, helps Gibbs set the stage for next season.

I really want to see the Skins in the playoffs... I want a 10-6 record... But 9-6 and a sweep of the Cowboys and Eagles would help make it a much better season for me.

Peace

Yeah, the last time was the Marty year. 2001. We had a run of five in a row to go 5-5. Then we hosted Dallas and dropped it. That one hurt. Classic showdown vs. Dallas at home and we blew it.

Then we won. 6-6. Four games left. We're 6-1 the last 7 games. Legitimate shot at the playoffs.

Then we hosted Philly. Tons of Philly fans at the stadium. Emotions high.

Then we sucked. I believe that was the tear gas game. To me, that loss was probably one of the most devastating emotional losses I've had since our new stadium opened. All the hopes of the season evaporated that night.

Then we lost again. Won the next two, but who cares? Finished 8-8.

The tear gas game was on MNF the next season

The game in 2001 against Philly was the Rod Gardner getting caught from behind game in the 1st, costing us 4 points and a whole lot of MO

I wouldnt be fine with be happy with JUST a sweep of a Cowboys and Eagles. Thats is always good, but not good enough. Its either playoffs or this season is a failure.

I don't think that's a good attitude to have.

I'm pretty happy that we're actually even talking about the playoffs in December, instead of playing spoiler and holding onto hopes for next year.

This season has been really rough, as the Redskins have lost really close games to tough teams (and unfortunately also lost to the Raiders and got creamed by the Giants), but there has been unquestionable, measurable, objective progress. The proof is that we're talking about things like this and trying to remember when we had it this good. Sure, for people who remember the 80s Redskins this maybe doesn't always seem thatgood, but we were spoiled back then. In this era of football, this isn't bad. This is one step away from being a bigtime playoff contender in this time of year, and we're not out of it this year.

This is progress, and I'm satisfied as long as we make good showings the rest of the year. I'm happy if we sweep the Cowboys. I'm ecstatic if we make it into the playoffs.

Archived