Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Hey Robert Royal (multi-merged)

bubba9497

I'm glad he made some catches, but it seems like if you blow too hard in his direction, he falls over. Did anyone else think he got tackled too easily? He seems to like to hop a lot, and people just brush his legs and they go out from under him. But, he had a decent game, so I'm not complaining, just stating an observation.

How many fumbles is that for Brunell for Brunell this year? 10?

Perhaps, but seeing how he is second best in the league on interceptions (and maybe 1st after Plummer threw one or two today), I'm going to cut him some slack. Who was the back was ran right into the ball? It's still brunell's fault, but it's not like he's just dropping the ball for no reason.

Can you imagine the flack that man took this week?? Along with Rabach, I don't think either one showed their face in public this week. Kudos to Royal, bouncing back, but man he is slow. It seemed like slow motion cameras went on after he caught the ball.

Give him credit, he came back and proved he belongs. Good job Robert.

Royal did take last week VERY hard.

According to FOX, he was in tears after the Chargers game for letting down his teammates.

He stepped up and executed today......glad he's back in everybody's good graces and hopefully he can keep it up.

Plus, he set a helluva pick that set up Cooley for the last TD......don't forget, blocking is very important especially for a TE.

And especially in a Joe Gibbs offense. Joe supported Robert this past week and then again during this game in calling his number several times. Robert performed. Don't have to be an all pro at tightend in a Joe Gibbs offense just do your job well. Robert did his job well today.

With Robert Royal, the talent is there. I think that we saw that today. What he needs to focus on is his mental preparation. Catching the ball is all about concentration and confidence. He was obviously focused on redeeming himself this week and I noticed that after his first catch he started building confidence. That is what he needs to DO every week.

If he gets an easy dump off early in the game, I think he ges confident and he becomes reliable. But, If he isn't focused and he drops a ball early, he gets down and the talent dissapears.

Once the Skins come home I think that the crowd will make a big difference on him. If he screws up and gets some boo's you can forget about him making any plays. If if makes a play and gets some cheers he can have more games like today. I'm just glad the Rams' crowd was so silent so that he could concentrate.

The guy runs so straight up and slow when he does catch the ball. Then he gets blown up. I don't recall seeing him break any tackles. He drops like a ton of bricks on first contact. Missed getting a couple of first downs this way. A big guy like Royal should be able to use him mass and lean forward at the point of contact to get that extra yard or so. He doesn't, he appears to be too slow and uncoordinated.

Archived