Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Do you want Lavar back next season?

Kansas_SkinsFan

All of you lavar supporters are truely retarded.

Im not sayin this to keep this thread going, but seriously you guys need a reality check about him. He really is overrated and way overpaid for this team. If we want to be sucessfull in the future the people in charge need to clear that cap money for someone worth it. The people in charge will do the right thing and get rid of Lavar within the next two seasons. Guaranteed

You all dont know crap about football. Lavar sucks.

...ESPECIALLY LAVAR ARRINGTON

followed by...

I didnt come on this board saying I know more than most.. I just most of you dont know squat. Especially the ones that stick up for Lavar.

Hmm.. Back tracking are we? You are the def of Troll..

Lavar leap... 2 point conversion in tampa bay.

If he stayed home and played like a real linebacker alstot WOULD NOT OF GOTTEN IN.

If you watched the game, or have listened to what the coaches said after that game, you would know that if (I believe it was Clark) wouldn't have hit Alstott, Lavar was dead on to make the hit behind the LOS. But because of Clarks hit, Lavar missed.

Bottom Line is Don't come on here and tell us that we don't know **** about football. I think you sir (I don't know if you qualify as that yet) need a lesson in Football. But you have your opinions and you came here to post them, but Calling the Lavar supporters out and telling them that they do not know Crap about football.... Anyway, Grow up Son.... :2cents:

If you watched the game, or have listened to what the coaches said after that game, you would know that if (I believe it was Clark) wouldn't have hit Alstott, Lavar was dead on to make the hit behind the LOS. But because of Clarks hit, Lavar missed.

I was at that game... in fact I watched it live. From the endzone it happened at, and lavar made and idiotic play. Jumping like a damn moron. Do you see any other LB we have or any other LB in the league do that crap....

NOOOOOOO we dont, so damn you ryan clark for hitting the guy with the ball. You messed up the lavar leap. ****.

You sir are an idiot, watch lavar be here in two years hes good as gone.

Unless we trade him for the #1 pick and get leinart

WOW, yeah thats a great idea, then we would have 3 potential starting QB's and still no pass rush, not to mention I think Lavars cap hit is soething like 12 million dollars or something stupid. I think I would have a stud free agent and Lavar then a rookie who could possibly end being a Heath Schuler.

Oh yea not to mention..

You lavar supporters are truely retarded and should play some real football in your life.

Well your truely a .... never mind I wont go there. But you obviously dont understand how the NFL works. I am not an expert by any means, however I do understand that getting rid of Lavar will end up costing us more money over the next 2 years than we would probably want to spend, especially if he isnt on the field and playing for a different team.

Perfect example...

Overtime less than a week ago, lavar over gates.

Fake toss, lavar BITES..

Gates wide open, 30-40 yard gain.

Lavar leap... 2 point conversion in tampa bay.

If he stayed home and played like a real linebacker alstot WOULD NOT OF GOTTEN IN.

RUN LAVAR OUT OF D.C.

you serously need to learn the game of football, like the guy said...Its the Safeties job to stop fake plays, nothing againts sean taylor but that play and the first LT touchdown before overtime one was all his fault...hopfully that will improve.

Oh and on goalline plays you cant wait and say hes going there so ima tackle him especially when its Mike Alstott. On goalline plays you see sombody going that direction you fly that way and try to kill him. Besides the first touchdown mike alstott got, he went over lavar arrington, then the 2-point conversion lavar tried hitting him high and he went under lavar. Right now if Mike Alstott didnt trick lavar youd be saying how great he was.

The only way I am in favor of LA staying is if he allows the team to add another 4 years to the backend of his contract and spread his current deal over another four years. This would be a significant pay cut which players and agents would never take; however, he's been overpaid and needs to be a team player, otherwise he can hit the road!

I am on the overpaid bandwagon in this discussion. I like Lavar and think he is a good LB and he does fit into our current defense. However, from a business standpoint the team is paying him too much money for what he is producing. He should be paid no more than what Washington is making because he certainly is not producing more than Washington. We need DE who can rush the passer, a #2 WR and a pass catching/blocking TE to replace the TE that can't catch. We also need depth along the oline.

To continue, if I could go back in time I would have traded Lavar, kept Pierce, put Lemar on the outside and used the extra money to fill some needs.

A couple points to adress.......

For one: Please, please everyone stop saying "LaVar single handedly turned our 0-5 team to a 8-8 team." That annoys the **** out of me. He had a great play against Carolina that sparked THAT win. He didn't win the other 7 games by himself. The team overall played better after that. Do you think 4 weeks later Redskins were still looking back on LaVar's INT like "I gotta play hard bcuz LaVar got an INT"? I doubt it. It's overblown theories like this one that have LaVar over hyped now. There are a lot of "hype men" out there.

Second: Don't let LaVar's pro bowls fool you. The FANS vote him in every year more off his NAME than off his actual play. Yes he can make a big hit(on occasions when he's actually in the right position) and that's why he made atleast 2 of those pro bowls, nothing more. He can be exciting, thus, he makes the pro bowl. That by no means means that he is really an All-Pro top LB. He is not. Since he's been in the league there have been lots of other "boring" LB's that have actually outperformed LaVar on the field.

Third: IMO the arguments for LaVar are getting pretty weak. "REMEMBER he HAD that hit or BACK when he made this play." My point is that, you all are still sweatin' him for plays he made 3 and 4 years ago. I guess because we sucked so bad back then all of his plays were GLORIFIED in your minds. Okay, he gave Troy Aikman his final concussion. Get over it! We are paying LaVar 10 million dollars NOW because of a hit he made 5 YEARS AGO. Another one of the weak arguments, imo, is "LaVar is a true Redskin." I know some older fans miss the pre-salary cap era when players would stay for their entire careers, because LaVar said he wants to stay, you guys are getting all emotional and falling in love with him. Please STOP. I have already stated my theory on why LaVar "loves it here so much" despite our teams troubles. Do you really think that LaVar wants to stay because of YOU, the fans. Yeah right, there are fans everywhere, I think he "loves it here sooo much" because of the $$$$$$ he's getting paid to UNDERPERFORM.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't we let Smoot go because he wanted more money than Springs. Everyone here said "you don't pay a #2 cb #1 cb money." Well people, right now LaVar is THE NUMBER TWO LB on this team and he is making A LOT MORE THAN OUR NUMBER ONE LB. Few here would say that LaVar is better than Marcus but noone has the balls to say what was said in Smoots case. One quick point, please don't begin your Smoot bashing because he made MORE meaningful plays than LaVar, he usually led us in something called an INT, yeah that's a turnover.

Lastly, speaking of turnovers........uhh where are they. When GW was benching LA everyone said "GW is crazy, we need more turnovers, that's exactly what LaVar brings." Hmmmm, does everyone still stick by that statement because.....well I'm still waiting for LaVar to force ONE turnover. And I already know, once LaVar forces that 1st turnover you all will go all crazy like "See see I told you he forces TO's". NO, he doesn't. The guy is no different from any other player on this team when it comes to forcing TO's. So why does he deserve his check. As a young fan/athlete a don't like to see players getting paid TONs of money to be average with a few "big hits". Another Quick Point: A lot of LaVars hits this year haven't even been that big, he just goes all crazy like its a big hit EVERY TIME he makes a tackle. They didn't let me celebrate when I broke my facemask on a RB's head so I get annoyed when LaVar celebrates every play. Anyone notice that last year, without LA, our defense was strictly business with Pierce and we were actually good. This year, our D is HALF as good with TWICE the celebrations.

I mean, don't get me wrong I support my team and it's players. You're supposed to. But NOONE is above the team and some of you have borderline man crushes on this one player. Get over him, to win in this league you have to realize that this is a business. If you are running a business, and you have an employee who gets paid TONs of money but hasn't been performing like you expected, AND they are coming off a year of sick leave(during which they demanded you pay them more), would you keep this employee? Forget that he was the employee of the month back in '02. Do you keep him? Anyone who keeps that employee isn't exactly "the Apprentice". In fact, if you said yes, YOU'RE FIRED!

IrepDC- I absolutely disagree with your assessment of the situation sans one point. Lavar Arrington is overpaid. I wish he was not but he is. As long as we are calling him out for being overpaid we should list the other players on our squad who we have overpaid: Samuels, Brunell, Bowen, Patten, Renaldo Wynn, Walt Harris, maybe Daniels.

Lavar has not gotten sacks because for the most part we have not used him as a pass rusher. He comes off the field on most 3rd downs (almost always a passing down).

He almost had a INT but it slipped out of his grasp. This happens to every NFL player every so often. No big deal there. You say that all he has done is made meaningless tackles and I wonder which games you have been watching? He saved us 4 pts when he stuffed Cadillac on 3rd and short behind the line of scrimmage. He has had numerous other big tackles like this.

Our team is clearly better with Lavar in the game. Did you watch Holdman play? Also, you are discounting the fact that our defense suffered injuries to two of our most important defensive players, Griffen and Taylor and you seem to not factor that into your assessment regarding the overall play of our D.

Lastly, you use the fact that Lavar is only our 6th leading tackler when that logic is so obvioulsy flawed since he did not play in the first several games AND that he comes out on 3rd down. COME ON!

I love Lavar and think he is a great ball player. With that said we are 2-4 since he became a starter again.

Griffen and Taylor (our first and second most important players on defense) were out for a lot of this stretch. This is a lot of the reason that we went 2-4. Lavar being in the lineup and replacing an ineffective Holdman on 1st and 2nd down has done nothing but help this defense.

A couple points to adress.......

For one: Please, please everyone stop saying "LaVar single handedly turned our 0-5 team to a 8-8 team." That annoys the **** out of me. He had a great play against Carolina that sparked THAT win. He didn't win the other 7 games by himself. The team overall played better after that. Do you think 4 weeks later Redskins were still looking back on LaVar's INT like "I gotta play hard bcuz LaVar got an INT"? I doubt it. It's overblown theories like this one that have LaVar over hyped now. There are a lot of "hype men" out there.

LaVar SINGLE-HANDEDLY changed that season. You don't like that statement? Too effing bad, because it's true. No, he didn't make all the plays himself. No, he didn't win all 7 games by himself. But he was the only one that stepped up & made the plays that NEEDED to be made WHEN they needed to be made.

Second: Don't let LaVar's pro bowls fool you. The FANS vote him in every year more off his NAME than off his actual play. Yes he can make a big hit(on occasions when he's actually in the right position) and that's why he made atleast 2 of those pro bowls, nothing more. He can be exciting, thus, he makes the pro bowl. That by no means means that he is really an All-Pro top LB. He is not. Since he's been in the league there have been lots of other "boring" LB's that have actually outperformed LaVar on the field.

:wtf: Not "All-Pro?" I'd like to know what the **** you are smoking. One of the years he went to the Pro-Bowl not being an All-Pro, he led the League in sacks for LBs (11 1/2). But, I guess that's not enough to make the Pro-Bowl, huh? I guess that's an overblown number. :rolleyes:

Third: IMO the arguments for LaVar are getting pretty weak. "REMEMBER he HAD that hit or BACK when he made this play." My point is that, you all are still sweatin' him for plays he made 3 and 4 years ago. I guess because we sucked so bad back then all of his plays were GLORIFIED in your minds. Okay, he gave Troy Aikman his final concussion. Get over it! We are paying LaVar 10 million dollars NOW because of a hit he made 5 YEARS AGO. Another one of the weak arguments, imo, is "LaVar is a true Redskin." I know some older fans miss the pre-salary cap era when players would stay for their entire careers, because LaVar said he wants to stay, you guys are getting all emotional and falling in love with him. Please STOP. I have already stated my theory on why LaVar "loves it here so much" despite our teams troubles. Do you really think that LaVar wants to stay because of YOU, the fans. Yeah right, there are fans everywhere, I think he "loves it here sooo much" because of the $$$$$$ he's getting paid to UNDERPERFORM.

Well, I guess since YOU said it, we should take it as Gospel, right? Get over yourself. :finger: Who the f*** do you think you are telling us why we should or should not support someone? LaVar makes plays every week, but you obviously are either too ANTI-LaVar to notice or care OR you're too stupid (he had a couple of big plays 3 weeks ago against the Bucs, but I guess that's too far back, huh. That was back in the day when we weren't all that good).

The arguments AGAINST LaVar are getting rather old, themselves, Brother. He's out there every week making plays. Just because they don't mention him every other play (like Madden does with Favre) doesn't mean that he's not in there making plays.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't we let Smoot go because he wanted more money than Springs. Everyone here said "you don't pay a #2 cb #1 cb money." Well people, right now LaVar is THE NUMBER TWO LB on this team and he is making A LOT MORE THAN OUR NUMBER ONE LB. Few here would say that LaVar is better than Marcus but noone has the balls to say what was said in Smoots case. One quick point, please don't begin your Smoot bashing because he made MORE meaningful plays than LaVar, he usually led us in something called an INT, yeah that's a turnover.

Uhh, I guess I'm one of the few then, because LaVar IS better than Marcus Washington. And I don't give a rats ass how YOU feel about that. That is MY OPINION. Smoot DID want too much money. LaVar is MAKING too much money, but see when Smoot was asking for his money, LaVar had ALREADY GOTTEN his. Are we supposed to continue making mistakes like that one simply because "so & so" makes too much so EVERYONE should? Smoot NEVER outplayed LaVar. You need to put the crackpipe down, Buddy.

Lastly, speaking of turnovers........uhh where are they. When GW was benching LA everyone said "GW is crazy, we need more turnovers, that's exactly what LaVar brings." Hmmmm, does everyone still stick by that statement because.....well I'm still waiting for LaVar to force ONE turnover. And I already know, once LaVar forces that 1st turnover you all will go all crazy like "See see I told you he forces TO's". NO, he doesn't. The guy is no different from any other player on this team when it comes to forcing TO's. So why does he deserve his check. As a young fan/athlete a don't like to see players getting paid TONs of money to be average with a few "big hits". Another Quick Point: A lot of LaVars hits this year haven't even been that big, he just goes all crazy like its a big hit EVERY TIME he makes a tackle. They didn't let me celebrate when I broke my facemask on a RB's head so I get annoyed when LaVar celebrates every play. Anyone notice that last year, without LA, our defense was strictly business with Pierce and we were actually good. This year, our D is HALF as good with TWICE the celebrations.

Ya know, it seems to me that no matter what LaVar does, you are gonna hate on him, period. I don't know whether you notice this or not (my guess would be not, based on your rantings) but almost ALL NFL players celebrate when they make a "hit" or do ANYTHING to help the team. Sean Taylor (he's probably overrated too, right?), your boy Marcus Washington is actually more expressive than LaVar after hitting someone, but because YOU like him, I guess that means that he's not overrated. What's wrong with LaVar trying to pump the crowd up? I mean, if you ask me, it seems obvious that he KNOWS that he is a fan favorite & he uses that to try to get the crowd more involved (you know, that whole 12th man thing. I guess a young buck like yourself wouldn't know anything about that, right? :rolleyes: ).

I mean, don't get me wrong I support my team and it's players. You're supposed to. But NOONE is above the team and some of you have borderline man crushes on this one player. Get over him, to win in this league you have to realize that this is a business. If you are running a business, and you have an employee who gets paid TONs of money but hasn't been performing like you expected, AND they are coming off a year of sick leave(during which they demanded you pay them more), would you keep this employee? Forget that he was the employee of the month back in '02. Do you keep him? Anyone who keeps that employee isn't exactly "the Apprentice". In fact, if you said yes, YOU'RE FIRED!

You should become a Cowboys fan. They need more people that b1tch about good players. As a Redskins fan, well...YOU'RE FIRED! :finger:

You all dont know crap about football.

That was enough to not even bother with the rest of your idiotic post. I haven't read it nor will I. For a 23 year old who has been here all of 5 minutes to tell US here at ES that WE don't know football simply because MOST of us LOVE LA & YOU don't...well, good luck with that.

Oh yeah, :finger:

Archived