Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Do you want Lavar back next season?

Kansas_SkinsFan

Yes, Lavar coming back is something I would like to see. However, the economical burden and the strain he alone will put on the cap might be too much. That coupled with the amount of time he has missed and the dissolution of a conducive relationship with management might spell the last of him with the Skins. Even more unfortunate is that other teams may not want to sign him to a lucrative deal in view of his injury and the stigma of "freelance" on his resume. I would love to have him back, but he has stated that restructuring his contract after all of the chicanery is not an option. Very unfortunate, because I sincerely love Lavar. He bleeds Burgundy and Gold, and wants to be no where else. Breaks my heart truth be told.

well it got brought back (the thread) but isn't this all being talked about on the one already exisitng? of course it is.

You are right, but the few of us that said lavar wont be back and lavar shouldnt be allowed to come back got yelled at and banned.

But now that this new story came out about lavar and his mentality about football now, people change their minds very very fast. Even though this was our opinion way before this new story.

You are right, but the few of us that said lavar wont be back and lavar shouldnt be allowed to come back got yelled at and banned.

But now that this new story came out about lavar and his mentality about football now, people change their minds very very fast. Even though this was our opinion way before this new story.

Gtown, I ain't tryin to pick at you, but no way in hell does anybody get banned from this site for merely having a controversial or unpopular opinion.

anyways.... as fans, i dont think assuming anything helps... while a i love lavar i still support "redskins players" as long as they are a redskin i will support them, thats more than i can say for some other people in this forum.

why do we have to bash redskins players?

thats the question.

Lavar will play better football than you or your kids ever will Gtownsquare.

Dont hate the player hate the game that the NFL and high dollar contracts has turned players into so called self-centered monsters.

Well he clearly stated in that horrible WT article that he doesn't want to play for any team other than the Redskins. He believes in this team, loves the fans, and has reportedly been practicing his ass off during the week. You can see it, he's not playing out of his position and is playing his assignments and even making adjustments for the defense. He is a proven leader, and I think no matter what, we cannot let another Redskin of his caliber go. We let a great linebacker in Antonio Pierce go, and we simply cannot let go another extremely important element of our defense go. Remember our backup in Warrick Holdman, now THAT man was out of position and cost us the game IMO by giving up huge plays against the run.

The article made it seem worse than what is actually true. The article has already created a huge commotion here, and rightfully so, but we need to not let this side-track our mission in beating the eagles.

It would be terrible to cut such a Hard Core Redskin. I think LaVar at his best is a major presence on the field. At his worst, he tends to be overly agressive and out of position. There is also a question about his health. I still love the guy and hope he can remain with the team.

:logo:

Odds are against him coming back, he said he will not take a pay cut...

:logo:

Gtown, I ain't tryin to pick at you, but no way in hell does anybody get banned from this site for merely having a controversial or unpopular opinion.

That's True

:rolleyes:

I'm Glad I just bought only Anniversary Darrell Green Jerseys and Lavar's apparent Diva Tude is upgrading that SW Airlines ticket outta here.

WMAL quoted him as him liking the idea of playing for Marty which would team him up with ex Terp and defensive rookie of the year

You all dont know crap about football. Lavar sucks.

Wake up people, dont be mad cuz you wasted all your money on his jersey, but look at the facts. Watch Film, and most importantly learn about FOOTBALL.

We are 2-5 with him in the lineup.. thats the first thing.

Secondly, watch him when hes on D. He sucks.

He is out of position more than any other player that plays on our D.

He cant cover a TE to save his life. He always does stupid things ever since hes been a redskin. Such as the "lavar leap", and penalties. But most of you have no idea what football is so you think hes good.

Third... Do you guys really think our coaches are stupid.

You think there was NO reason for him to be benched. There was plenty of reason. Hes NOT GOOD.

You guys only notice when he makes a big play only because his stupid ass runs half way down the field by himself to celebrate like a moron. You dont see anyone else on our team doing that. They celebrate with their other teammates.

Listen to this moron on the John Thompson show every week. Recently he has been talking about how his stay in Washington the same thing always happens. That thing is we are always close but not good enough. The way he talks about it is sickening, its all about himself. How its hard on him being on a team that loses every year.

He needs to leave now, get whatever we can, release him who cares. Hes way too expensive.

Just notice the guys Gibbs has brought in and what they have done for this team. Then look at some of the old guys such as Lavar.... For the exception of jansen and a few others I hope they all leave next year and join other teams....

ESPECIALLY LAVAR ARRINGTON

I agree, particularly on the "watch film" part. I do watch the tapes, hell, he overpursues, he's a $12 MIL cap hit and he cries like a little girl.......here's his latest episode (see link below).......and this is just b4 the biggest game of the yr (b/c win this one and we're in), we're coming off 2 HUGE wins, 4 in a row and all he can do is try to bring attention to himself.....not only that but WAKE UP....WE CAN WIN, HAVE WON, WITHOUT HIM......3rd best Defense, WITHOUT HIM, held Dallas to 1 TD WITHOUT HIM.....and to find out that he's $12mil..and he cries, then I say we can do it WITHOUT HIM!!!!!!

http://www.washingtontimes.com/sports/20051228-120248-9729r.htm

Why should he take a pay cut. They signed him to this massive contract, they should honor it. That's what we say when players want a new contract.

LaVar Arrington will be a beast next year because he'll be 100% health. I just don't want to see him in another Teams Jersey.

LaVar Arrington > Macus washington/Sean Taylor

to just call one game the biggest game of the year is ignorant. dallas was big, giants were big... this game here is big... any game from the dallas game on out is big.

dont matter if its the eagles or the bears, all games from week 14 vs dallas on out is big.

im tired of people labeling just one game as the biggest of the season.

I agree, particularly on the "watch film" part. I do watch the tapes, hell, he overpursues, he's a $12 MIL cap hit and he cries like a little girl.......here's his latest episode (see link below).......and this is just b4 the biggest game of the yr (b/c win this one and we're in), we're coming off 2 HUGE wins, 4 in a row and all he can do is try to bring attention to himself.....not only that but WAKE UP....WE CAN WIN, HAVE WON, WITHOUT HIM......3rd best Defense, WITHOUT HIM, held Dallas to 1 TD WITHOUT HIM.....and to find out that he's $12mil..and he cries, then I say we can do it WITHOUT HIM!!!!!!

http://www.washingtontimes.com/sports/20051228-120248-9729r.htm

so we had the 3rd best defense without him but how do you know the defense wouldn't have been #1 D with him?

Gregg Williams even said it himself he is a better coach with LaVar on the Field

He can rush the passer and he can tackle and he can cover somewhat

you really must not understand the article to the link you posted

Arrington never said anything bad about the redskins he just said that he knows he will get cut soon and he dosnt want to play for ANY OTHER TEAM so he obviously likes playing for the redskins and dosnt want to leave and thats exactly the kind of attitude he should have

Wake up he isnt Ricky Williams

he wont just retire during the season because he dosnt want to play

No question I would like to have him back. Especially since I expect him to return healthy. I really hope that they can work out whatever differences they have for the good of the team. Can you imagine LA at full strengh with the players that we have on defense right now, with a pass rusher like Freeney. What a day it would be! HTTR!

Archived