Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Do you want Lavar back next season?

Kansas_SkinsFan

IMO Arrington is one of the better players in the league, when an apposing QB states that the skins are better with him in then I guess I would have to go with that. Most of the games we lost we lost because the Offense is insipid at times, we have good rushes we need another reciever to take the pressure of Moss, the skins need a player like arrington, for as long as i can remember each NFL team has had a player that the fans adore, we have Lavarr, against the rams on the first play he was responsible for a 7 yard loss, i would love to see the loss if he was any good, Lavarr is the redskins, he must stay at the redskins.

Well . . . it depends on the cap ramifications and what we can get for him.

The Redskins defense has a major hole and a major problem. The defensive line sucks and Williams' blitzes aren't getting it done. Teams can adjust and we don't have the same coverage that we had last year. The Skins need to be able to get pressure with their front 4 and maybe a blitzer (washington).

Here's the issue: The Skins may not have the cap space to go get Dline help because all their money being tied up in Linebackers and the secondary. Would cutting Arrington allow us to sign, say, Abraham/Darren Howard and Larry Tripplet from Indy? That might be worth it.

What can we get, via trade, for Arrington? Right now the Skins needs are:

1. Defensive line

2. #2 WR

Could we get both with one trade? Like maybe Arrington for Abraham and Coles? :D j/k

On the other hand, Arrington has been playing outstanding of late. He is getting the system, he appears to be out of the doghouse, and is making plays. And its not like there is an overflow of talent at LB in the free agent market. best I can think of is Cato June, and he's a RFA. Do you really want Warrick Holdman? :rolleyes:

All in all, unless we can address two needs with two very good players in return, I would rather keep him.

Good points but if Clemons goes down then we have a DL and no LBs except Washington and Lemar he can't do it by theirself and Clemons is no where near a LaVar so you would but I wouldn't and if LaVar is so bad why and what would or can we get. We'll see if you're right cause if you are then Vinny will work it but we'll see.

LaVar has 46 tackles in six starts..Holdman has 27 in six starts....

ANY QUESTIONS?

Eh, you can't tell a fool from a troll, but don't worry we're not trading LaVar that is unless we can get a spaceship of a LB, DE and WR not gonna happen and LaVar is going to get a lot better these next weeks and you'll see that on Sunday. It's okay to be dumb but when you don't realize it then you have a problem, so whoever started this thread should be well....

LaVar SINGLE-HANDEDLY changed that season. You don't like that statement? Too effing bad, because it's true. No, he didn't make all the plays himself. No, he didn't win all 7 games by himself. But he was the only one that stepped up & made the plays that NEEDED to be made WHEN they needed to be made.

:wtf: Not "All-Pro?" I'd like to know what the **** you are smoking. One of the years he went to the Pro-Bowl not being an All-Pro, he led the League in sacks for LBs (11 1/2). But, I guess that's not enough to make the Pro-Bowl, huh? I guess that's an overblown number. :rolleyes:

Well, I guess since YOU said it, we should take it as Gospel, right? Get over yourself. :finger: Who the f*** do you think you are telling us why we should or should not support someone? LaVar makes plays every week, but you obviously are either too ANTI-LaVar to notice or care OR you're too stupid (he had a couple of big plays 3 weeks ago against the Bucs, but I guess that's too far back, huh. That was back in the day when we weren't all that good).

The arguments AGAINST LaVar are getting rather old, themselves, Brother. He's out there every week making plays. Just because they don't mention him every other play (like Madden does with Favre) doesn't mean that he's not in there making plays.

Uhh, I guess I'm one of the few then, because LaVar IS better than Marcus Washington. And I don't give a rats ass how YOU feel about that. That is MY OPINION. Smoot DID want too much money. LaVar is MAKING too much money, but see when Smoot was asking for his money, LaVar had ALREADY GOTTEN his. Are we supposed to continue making mistakes like that one simply because "so & so" makes too much so EVERYONE should? Smoot NEVER outplayed LaVar. You need to put the crackpipe down, Buddy.

Ya know, it seems to me that no matter what LaVar does, you are gonna hate on him, period. I don't know whether you notice this or not (my guess would be not, based on your rantings) but almost ALL NFL players celebrate when they make a "hit" or do ANYTHING to help the team. Sean Taylor (he's probably overrated too, right?), your boy Marcus Washington is actually more expressive than LaVar after hitting someone, but because YOU like him, I guess that means that he's not overrated. What's wrong with LaVar trying to pump the crowd up? I mean, if you ask me, it seems obvious that he KNOWS that he is a fan favorite & he uses that to try to get the crowd more involved (you know, that whole 12th man thing. I guess a young buck like yourself wouldn't know anything about that, right? :rolleyes: ).

You should become a Cowboys fan. They need more people that b1tch about good players. As a Redskins fan, well...YOU'RE FIRED! :finger:

:applause: :applause:

I"d like to add to Lavar's strengths. He busts plays at the line of scrimmage line no other, and he sheds blockers like they were rag dolls. He used to be the fastest linebacker you ever saw, let alone in the NFL, and even now after his injury he's probably still faster than 60% of the linebackers in this league.

LaVar is still a great player and will help this team to victory.

I have a theory on why LaVar wants to stay a Redskin. He probably knows that no other team in the NFL would pay him 10 mil plus to be a GOOD linebacker. I could work up some tears too if I thought about leaving the only team that will ridiculously overpay me.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not one of those LaVar bashers(or one of those weird LaVar lovers), I just keep it real. The guy is not a top NFL linebacker. He's not even the best LB on our team. I honestly think that the reason he has failed to improve is because of the lovefest he has had with our fans. We have made his head way to big. Then Snyder goes and pays him all that money, that really boosted his ego.

So now what do we have. Well, I belive we have a GOOD linebacker who still has the POTENTIAL to be GREAT. But, unfortunately because of circumstances, his ego, his salary, coaching changes, and etc. I doubt that WE will ever see what LaVar could've been. I think with his salary rising and his performance declining(whether because of injury or not) LaVar won't be a Redskin for too much longer. AND, I think that all of our fears will come true, he will probably go some where else and be the MONSTER that he should be. The reason? Because when/if LaVar goes to another team he will HAVE TO start all over. He won't be a GOD like people make him around here. He will have to be humble and earn respect again and I think that that is what he needs.

I mean if we are tryna be real here, we all would admit that LaVar is underperforming or atleast overpaid(and thus underperforming). I know, I know, he had an injury, but come on. He didn't take a paycut when he got injured, in fact he claimed that we owed him more money, so I'm not gonna keep cutting him slack. Come on LaVar, where are the sacks, where are the forced fumbles and INT's. He was supposed to be a savior on Defense but all he's really done is make a few meaningless tackles. I say meaningless because he hasn't made any plays this year that have really effected the games, most of the time we still end up losing. You can't really prove that our defense has better since he's come back. We did great against the Bears, the Seahawks(a great offense), and the Cowboys. When a 10 million dollar linebacker returns to a defense the differrence should be obvious, and, it hasn't.

I don't really know if I want LaVar back. I don't really think that DC is good for him. There are too many people here telling him he is GOD when he is nothing more than the 6th leading tackler on an inconsistant defense. He needs to be somewhere where he is motivated to improve and he has to regain some respect. Washington DC will probably never be that place. My two cents.

That's the first intelligent thread that I've read so far. Good point. I would love to see Lavar here next year, but for $13 mil.? No. If he renegotiates his contract and takes a pay cut, yes. That $13 mil. is going to kill us with the salary cap. This off season, we will see where his loyalty really is. Remember, he squabbled over that $6 mil. How do you think he'll react to taking a pay cut from $13 mil.?

I personally think he's a very good LB and with continuity on the defensive coaching staff, and him buying into GW's philosiphy, he can become a great linbacker. If he goes to another team, he starts all over again and all of that potential greatness that hasn't been exposed yet, is probably gone forever.

This team is on the rise and within the next two years, we are in the Superbowl. If not sooner. Guaranteed!

:dallasuck :eaglesuck :gaintsuck :2cents:

What is amazing to me, is those people who can look through the fan worship to point out problems Lavar has. Please people, just because someone has an oppinion doesn't mean they deserve the bashing you give them. Lavar has not been Lavar in two years. You must accept that. We lost a great linebacker to of all places the New York Giants who are now leading the division. We also lost Trotter to the Philadelphia Eagles, again because of Arringtons contract. Of course he is going to get these type threads until he is back on the field play after play doing what he gets paid for. (And that is a hell of a lot of money). Let people make their point, disagree if you will, but leave the personal diggs to yourself.

I can't beleive the comments that some of you feel make you a tough guy, whatever. Lavar can put all this to rest by getting on the field, and knocking people out. When we lose good players because we are paying one player so much, is going to leave bitter feelings. I don't care what you think, I would take Antonio Pierce and Jerimiah Trotter for one Lavar Arrington in his current state. He has reinjured his knee again, hasn't practiced this week and probably won't play. Lavar and only Lavar can change the way a lot of people are feeling now. I wan't him to return next year, that has always been my feeling, but only if he is 100% healthy and can play every game. I know injury is a part of sport, but some people avoid injuries better then others. I respect the opinions of other fans, and feel that valid points are made on both sides of the argument. I am having a hard time enjoying being a part of this website due to the persistent need of some of you to insult,bash, and demean someone for an opinion.

The Skins cant get rid of him the salary cap hit is huge, in my opinion he has not lived up to what we all thought he would be. I saw him as an LT #56 Linebacker (he can't hold Taylor's jock) Just being honest he has been here 6 years and is not having a hall of fame career, he is disappointing
that is by far the most IDIOTIC statement made on this topic! to have expectations of him bieing the next lawrence taylor is insane! #1 lt played with a unbelievable group of guys on defense under BILL PARCELLS bill bellich defense! #2 lt was used mostly as a defense end rushing the quarterback! lavar has all the talent but is used much differently than lt was....like parcells said " put this guy on my team an ill show you how to use him"

Perfect example...

Overtime less than a week ago, lavar over gates.

Fake toss, lavar BITES..

Gates wide open, 30-40 yard gain.

Lavar leap... 2 point conversion in tampa bay.

If he stayed home and played like a real linebacker alstot WOULD NOT OF GOTTEN IN.

RUN LAVAR OUT OF D.C.

So as a Redskins fan. Lavar has been to the pro bowl in three different systems and it would be 4 if Williams head wasn't up his azz. Not to make an excuse but the defense to me did a good job up until L.T. broke loose. The defense shoulda never had to take the field again after they set the offense up on the Chargers 30 yd line. That was ridiculous. And maybe you don't remember the Tampa game. Ryan Clark smacked Alstott 1st which knocked him (Alstott) over from meeting Lavar head to head. Also remember. Alstott was doen but they ruled it a 2 pt conversion. And you can't tell me with the exception of the Chargers that you don't notice how teams aren't blowing up the left side with regularity. Lavar did more not playing than Holdman did playing. :doh:

The Skins cant get rid of him the salary cap hit is huge, in my opinion he has not lived up to what we all thought he would be. I saw him as an LT #56 Linebacker (he can't hold Taylor's jock) Just being honest he has been here 6 years and is not having a hall of fame career, he is disappointing

Main man if you watch the game. A player can only do what a coach allows him to do. I've watched Lavar over his career and seen the plays he can make from the strong side. Now for th 1st time he's playing on the weakside and for the life of me Williams won't allow him to pressure the QB from that side. If Lavar was allowed to come on that side, trust me he'd get the sacks. I honestly believe Arrington was held back purposely so that certain incentives in his contract wouldn't be triggered.

I am not sure but I think Lavar is uncuttable because if he is cut, his signing bonus would put a huge dent in our cap, we could ask him for some type of renegotiation for the teams sake and hope he goes for it. Now Chris Samuels, will take up 10 mil in cap and I could really see him getting cut, cuz he just is not worth that kind of money, imo. However I do not know what kind of dead money situation we would cause by cutting him.

i heard that there isnt gonna be a salary cap next season..? not sure. might be false.

One of the main reasons LT was so great was because Parcells unleashed him, and developed the defense around his skills, and also made sure to cover for any mistakes LT may make in the course of trying to kill everyone on the other offense. Lavar has never been unleashed the way LT was, and it's still improbable that he would be a monster like LT.

I just find it funny that Lavar isn't having a Hall of Fame career, so everyone gets on him despite all the big plays and all the Pro-Bowls. Yet, no one else on the team is having a Hll of Fame career, although Portis and Taylor could have the foundation for one, and no seems to get on them. Just because someone isn't a Hall of Famer doesn't make them an ineffective player.

the problem for the Redskins is players like Arrington and Samuels that have made the pro bowl in the past have not become the mature elite players we had hoped for.

Samuels is still not the everydown consistent presence on the OL that his draft position and early rep (2 pro bowls) would lead you to believe he would be.

Arrington is still largely the same talented, feast or famine player he was a couple of years ago. He is going to make the highlight reel tackle for a loss but is then going to completely overrun a play and allow a runner or receiver to get by him for a big gainer.

You wanna know why Lavar is playing right now?

1. Warrick Holdman knee injuries have ruined his career and cant get off a block to save his life.

2. The coaching staff knows if they dont play him all they will hear if they dont win the Super Bowl is " OH MY ****ING GOSH!!!!!IF WE PLAYED LAVAR WE WOULD OF WON THE SUPER BOWL!!!! JOE GIBBS IS SO OVERRATED AND GREGG WILLIAMS IS A AWFULL DEFENSIVE COORDINATER".(Rolls eyes:rolleyes: )

3. Im sure Dan said somthing like " Play Lavar or your fired...." becuase he knew how pissed off the fan base was.

4. Hes the best Linebacker we got right now.

If you asked me and there was some way we could trade him for some pretty nice players id do it. But its gonna be so hard to trade him and especially cut him with that BIG ***!!!!!!!! contract hes got. Overall though i like Lavar as a person and hes a above average linebacker, not a superstar. Lets hope that knee injury dosnt slow his entire career down though...

Hey guys, didn't you know that people who support Lavar Arrington are always right?? How could you post something that doesn't agree with these guys? They are so much smarter than the rest of us. I mean, to suggest that Lavar doesn't walk on water, man how could you?? You need to realize that their oppinions are always the right opinion, and if you disagree, shame on you. This man can do no wrong, and to suggest that you do not want him on this team is just sacreligous. How dare you. Isn't that right Arrington supporters??

Wow, I don't know, I am just not that impressed by this guy. How is he different from any other LB in the NFL? Seriously, think about it. "He makes big hits." Yea, sure he does once in a while, so does EVERY linebacker in the NFL. "He makes big plays." Yea, maybe one big play every two or three weeks. What are the last TWO big plays LaVar has made, you probably would have to go back pretty far to get them. "He forces TO's." Umm....No he doesnt . When is the last time LaVar forced a fumble or got an INT? "He is a great athlete." This is the NFL and everyone is a great athlete, plus he has lost one or TWO steps since his injury. Quite frankly, he isn't that great. Think about it, our defense doesn't play any better with him in. When a "superstar" like LaVar gets back on the field the impact should be obvious. With LaVar I see no impact. What has changed since LaVar joined our D this year? Last year we were A LOT better without him and with a REAL LB like Pierce. When I look at him I see a pretty average linebacker who, along with many foolish fans, thinks he is a superstar. He is overpaid and over hyped. If he didn't come back next year I don't think we would be any worse and maybe even better.

Up until last year, when LaVar was hurt, Pierce was a THIRD stringer. REAL LB? Puh-lease. What you FAIL to see is that LaVar being on the field takes at least 2 offensive players out of each play which generally gives another D player an opportunity to make plays (except Walt Harris). I agree that he is overpaid, but name me a player that ISN'T! You can't, really. We are talking about a sport that MANY of us would gladly play for free.

Let me make my point very clear. As far as your argument versus mine, we'll never see eye to eye. But what really gets my hide crawling is a teenager who seems to think he knows everything simply because he has a POV. Your POV is just as valid as any other, especially about this topic. You, nor anyone else, has the RIGHT to tell people on this site that we don't know football.

LaVar makes plays every week, & I even pointed that out, but once again, you fail to acknowledge that. LaVar had a couple of BIG plays against Tampa & had an INT that was called back recently. You obviously have some sort of hate towards LaVar for whatever reason (who knows, maybe you loved him at one point, but then he got hurt & like every other mediot & media sheep, you listened to the nonsense about how "LaVar is over-rated" & so now you are on a crusade to change people's opinions about him). Eitherway, it appears to me that no matter what he does, unless he intercepts 5 passes & returns them for TDs & gets 7 sacks, 32 tackles & wins every game for us, you & all your other little cohorts are gonna pledge allegiance against him until he finally does leave.

And what is the fan obsession with this guy? What has he done for us lately? He made a few plays 4 years ago, at the time it was all we could brag about so you fell in love. Get over it. The only reason he wants to stay here is because NOONE IN THE NFL would pay LaVar $10,000,000.00 for him to play so average, except for our beloved skins. Lemar Marshall gets paid less than 1/3 of that and has made 3x's the plays LaVar has this season.

You are either blind or stupid. I am hoping for the former, but betting on the latter. The obsession goes both ways, ya know. As "obsessed" with LaVar as some fans are, as you claim, it seems that you are just as obsessed to convince people that LaVar is "average." JUST AS OBSESSED. You need to get over YOURSELF.

Hey guys, didn't you know that people who support Lavar Arrington are always right?? How could you post something that doesn't agree with these guys? They are so much smarter than the rest of us. I mean, to suggest that Lavar doesn't walk on water, man how could you?? You need to realize that their oppinions are always the right opinion, and if you disagree, shame on you. This man can do no wrong, and to suggest that you do not want him on this team is just sacreligous. How dare you. Isn't that right Arrington supporters??

:rolleyes: Yup, you are SOOoooooo right.

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to bring this thread back.

I got banned for calling people retarded, stupid, and not knowing crap about football when it came to Lavar Arrington.

I apologize and I have learned my lesson.

BUT I WAS RIGHT. LAVAR IS A BUM. HES NOT COMING BACK TO D.C, AND ALL OF YOU THAT SUPPORTED HIM AND BASHED OUR COACHING STAFF AND OTHER NON-SUPPORTERS SHOULD TAKE A GOOD LOOK AT THEMSELVES AND LEARN MORE ABOUT FOOTBALL. NO OFFENSE.

BUY MARCUS WASHINGTON JERSEYS, HE KNOWS HOW TO PLAY LB IN THE NFL.

I cant see why we would EVER want to get rid of this guy. How does he hurt this team? He has his flaws, yes, but its up to the coaches to extract the good and hide the bad aspects of a player on the field, which they have done a great job of so far this year with LaVar.

I think its just LaVar dealing with a turning point in his career, that he can either make the best of and utilize, or pout about. The only reason I see he shouldnt be on the team is his bloated salary. I like the guys athleticism, his enthusiasm, and his play on the field. Maybe we can renegotiate something in the offseason that is massively incentive laden, also with protection against him not being played to achieve those incentives, as Im sure thats one thing he is concerned about.

No need to get rid of him, none at all.

Archived