Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins 0-5 vs. coaches fired by Snyder

fuji869

Funny tid bit of information, the Redskins are 0-5 vs. former head coaches fired by Mr. Snyder.

2001 lost 30-3 @ San Diego with Norv Turner as Offensive Coordinator

2003 lost 24-23 @ Miami with Norv Turner as Offensive Coordinator

2004 lost 17-13 @ Cleveland with Terry Robiskie as the Offensive Coordinator

2005 lost 16-13 vs. Oakland with Norv Turner as Head Coach

2005 lost 23-17 OT vs. San Diego with Marty Schottenheimer as Turner as Head Coach

a_turner_vt.jpgI53033-2000Dec10t1_schottenheimer_all.jpgPH2005081902021.jpg

I gotta wonder...if Gibbs had blown away the league this year, would people be crying favoritism for a HoF coach who returned? You know, like how some people are selling the Manning vs Manning SuperBowl theory?

I think with 2 years of adversity, and consistent team building, he could possibly hit his stride next year, and go the distance...and it would be legitimate, honest effort. A number of questioins remain, but the team has shown visible improvement this year. Another money WR, some defensive line acquisitions, etc, and I think we are in a good position for a shot....not to mention that the current players will have (hopefully) matured emotionally some more....

I gotta wonder...if Gibbs had blown away the league this year, would people be crying favoritism for a HoF coach who returned? You know, like how some people are selling the Manning vs Manning SuperBowl theory?

I think with 2 years of adversity, and consistent team building, he could possibly hit his stride next year, and go the distance...and it would be legitimate, honest effort. A number of questioins remain, but the team has shown visible improvement this year. Another money WR, some defensive line acquisitions, etc, and I think we are in a good position for a shot....not to mention that the current players will have (hopefully) matured emotionally some more....

if you can find the wiggle room in the cap considering we have hardly any draft picks and defensive lineman are overpriced in free agency, well, i'd fire vinny and hire you right now.

If not for Gibbs and him hopefully getting us to the Super Bowl, I think Marty would've turned it around. We definitely would've gotten to the playoffs the next year, 2002, we barely missed out even though we were 0-5 to start.

His penchant for being "conservative" has disappeared. He's really opened up his offense in San Diego, more this year than even last year. Also, the finding of Antonio Gates was all Marty, it was Marty who gave him a shot in 2003. Could you imagine if we had Gates???

But it doesn't matter. If Gibbs can't fix this ship, nobody can.

Even funnier is none of them have won a playoff game either.
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Thank you kindly, but I know when I have been outdone...

And even in losing, Gibbs has still won 3 Super Bowls more than all of those coaches combined!

:notworthy :helmet: :notworthy :helmet: :notworthy :helmet: :notworthy :helmet: :notworthy

Archived