Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Political Views Poll

DCNightHawk

you all ask too many questions ...

libertarians really should pick independent or pick moderate of either party ... unless you're actually only voting for libertarian candidates - the only "others" should be people really passionate about third parties.

the point of this poll obviously isn't to sort people out by particular issues but simply to find out which way you lean ... if you've voted in a few elections, you must know by now whether you tend to vote Republican or Democrat and how strongly you do so.

you all ask too many questions ...

libertarians really should pick independent or pick moderate of either party ... unless you're actually only voting for libertarian candidates - the only "others" should be people really passionate about third parties.

the point of this poll obviously isn't to sort people out by particular issues but simply to find out which way you lean ... if you've voted in a few elections, you must know by now whether you tend to vote Republican or Democrat and how strongly you do so.

Exactly, couldnt of said it better myself.

Thank you for clearing up everything.

Define moderate democrat/republican

Or in other words what do they stand for?

a moderate is someone who is in the middle of majority of the issues.. they do not sway to a conservative or liberal side too often. A moderate republican is someone who is registered as a republican, shares some of the republican ideals but is not a full blown conservative.. they might side with the democrats and liberals on some issues. And it would be visa-versa with the Moderate democrat. Does this help?

This poll proves the axiom that liberals will never admit they're liberals. I bet chomerics called himself a "moderate Democrat".

Someone who calls themself an "independent" is usually a conservative Democrat with no party left to vote for, a "moderate Democrat" is a liberal, and a "liberal Democrat" is a Marxist.

This poll proves the axiom that liberals will never admit they're liberals. I bet chomerics called himself a "moderate Democrat".

Someone who calls themself an "independent" is usually a conservative Democrat with no party left to vote for, a "moderate Democrat" is a liberal, and a "liberal Democrat" is a Marxist.

I think anyone who labels moderate opposing views as extremist is an extremist. :)

You said "fag".

How come you can say "fag" but I can't say "fag"?

Everytime I say "fag" it's called an "over the top" "fag".

But you can throw the word "fag" out like yesterday's newspaper.

Not that I think the word "fag" is that bad, and obviously you don't think the word "fag" is bad either.

Just trying to nail down the acceptable use of the word "fag" :D

And no, I'll never be leftist commie fag. In fact, as I get older I'm moving toward the "crotchety 'ol conservative" persuasion instead of the "fag" persuasion. :D

Mods, note liberal use of smilies

If you check the history of Chomerics he slams homosexual republicans all the time. The "gannon???" reference all over the place and other stuff. I've called him on it 3 times now.

You'd think that someone whos "says" they are Bostonian and more enlightened... wouldn't do that... You'd think. He stopped about a year ago and then started up again briefly...

If you want to discuss it go to PM.

If you check the history of Chomerics he slams homosexual republicans all the time. The "gannon???" reference all over the place and other stuff. I've called him on it 3 times now.

You'd think that someone whos "says" they are Bostonian and more enlightened... wouldn't do that... You'd think. He stopped about a year ago and then started up again briefly...

If you want to discuss it go to PM.

Republican homosexuals might deserved to be bashed, not for being homosexuals, but for being hypocrites. (and more importantly, for being republican :) )

Authoritarian is a more appropriate description of your politics

you have no clue about my politics, funny what you think, someone who thinks he is smarter then everyone has no ablilty to read anyone :D

what ever you do, do not become an anaylst of any kind

as for me being a libertarian i do like that party except for the far leftist views on information and how it should be free pertaining to organizations and information technology etc....

you have no clue about my politics, funny what you think, someone who thinks he is smarter then everyone has no ablilty to read anyone :D

as for me being a libertarian i do like that party except for the far leftist views on information and how it should be free pertaining to organizations and information technology etc....

No, Jbooma you aren't a libertarian, unless EVERY SINGLE post of yours in the tailgate is somehow misrepresentative of your ideology.

Luckydevil does that all the time, i.e. thinks he knows what people think. Kinda like chom, except without the dissertation and dozens of links to left wing wacko websites.

Libertarian, I'm not really independent, but that's what I put down.(I technically am because I'm not registered with a party) I think it's either pretentious or stupid to call yourself independent. There are enough parties out there that anything that has a consistent end to work towards already has a party that supports it. So, saying you're "independent" when there's a party that supports beliefs that are sufficiently similar to your own is pretentious. However, actually being independent, doesn't mean you have any consistent goal or ideal in mind. You just kind of pick and choose based on instinct. That's stupid.

Another political term I find pretentious is when liberals call themselves "Progressive." All political parties support progress, they just have different ideas of how to acheive it.

Real liberals freely admit they are liberals. Go to democratic undergound and ask the same question see what you get. The problem is right wing extremists think that anyone to the left of them is a liberal. That simply isn't the case.

No, Jbooma you aren't a libertarian, unless EVERY SINGLE post of yours in the tailgate is somehow misrepresentative of your ideology.

I said I liked some of their views, just not the extreme ones. Then again maybe I have been talking to the wrong libertarians.

I also do not use my personal feelings as means of my political feelings, and I think this is the biggest mistake in this country.

Take for example. I do not like abortion because of my personal feelings, however as a man I do not think it is my right to tell a women they can not have one.

I am a registered republican that voted for Clinton and W, and if Warner were to run I would vote for him. I would also say I am open to listen to all and not shut someone out because they are of a certain party. It drives me crazy when people just vote a side because of party and do not actually listen to what the other has to say.

Yes, I am a moderate democrat, just because you are uninformed on the issues does not make the rest of us uninformed. The problem is exactly what destino said. . . anyone to the left of you is a liberal and that is simply not the case.

As for a "liberal democrat" being a Marxist, would you consider a conservative republican a Nazi?

Archived