Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Don't try to hop back on the bandwagon later!!!

mbrody71

Also, how am I wrong about the Spurrier - Gibbs connection? Both 11-15 as of right now since Gibbs's return. Gibbs has 10X (on paper) better a team than Spurrier did. Can't argue with results. I do believe though, that Spurrier blamed the losses on himself , not the refs... Once again, losing respect.

Fool!

For the most part Gibbs has blamed the losses totally on himself, except for that jobbing in Tampa Bay. Spurrier openly admitted earlier this year that he "gave up" half-way through his second season. That, my friend, is quitting. A word Gibbs simply doesn't have in his vocabulary.

I don't really think that you will finish 7-9.. I'm not trolling, but I think that there is too much controversy on your team, and Gibbs is losing respect in the lockeroom for complaining in public all the time.

I think you guys might put Jason Campbell in at some point in time this season because you don't really have a number one pic in the draft.. Well it IS Campbell.. We did the same thing with Henson, so I feel that pain in a way.

Spoken like a person who truly has no idea what he's talking about, but likes to see his printed words on an opposing team's message board. You have not one bit of factual evidence to prove that Gibbs is losing the respect of anyone. In fact, I don't remember a single player making a statement to that effect. Pure nonesense. If you're going to post and try not to "troll", at least do so and provide some evidence to back up your statements.

You all have wined over the years. Let's be honest. How many people hopped on the bandwagon after the 3-0 start, and how many are off of it now? If for some crazy reason we actually upset San Diego, this team is very capable of going 8-5. What will all you naysayers be saying when this team is 8-5 with three division games to close out and likely in control of their own destiny?

This is kind of silly. No matter how much people complain about this team, people hanging out on a Redskins message board are probably not bandwagon fans. In fact the skins probably have very few bandwagon fans. We have sucked for a long time. I mean 1 good season in 13 years. I doubt winning 3 games really got a lot of new skins fans.

We have a lot of unhappy fans (myself being one of them) But must of the skins fans these day are diehards otherwise why would anyone put themselves through this.

If you are that kind of fan there is no place for you here. Do I get pissed, hell yeah. But I will never be "off the bandwagon". The way I see it you're either a fan or your not. Being a true fan gives you certain rights. Its kinda like being a parent. I can discipline and say what I want about my child, but if someone else bad mouths them they better be ready for the consequence. I feel the same way about the skins.

Should Gibbs Hall of Fame membership be repealed because of his failure in his second stint?

OK maybe that's going slightly too far.. However, I do believe that the Gibbs this time around has the same record as Steve "fun n gun" Spurrier, and we know what happened to him....

:puke: :doh: :finger: :redpunch: :censored: :insane: :stop::nono: :hammer: :soapbox: :stick: :cuss: :whippin: :wtf: :stfu:

You are such an idiot!

I don't normally go straight to name calling, but come on.

Go wash your maouth and then come back here and apologize to the rest of us Redskins AND Joe Gibbs fans here.

You all have wined over the years. Let's be honest. How many people hopped on the bandwagon after the 3-0 start, and how many are off of it now? If for some crazy reason we actually upset San Diego, this team is very capable of going 8-5. What will all you naysayers be saying when this team is 8-5 with three division games to close out and likely in control of their own destiny?

Whatever :shutup: :hammer:

Your logic is flawed. Unless you have the same access that you so rightfully say I do not have, you cannot know either what went on behind the closed doors of the front office. Tell me, did you want Spurrier to stay?

As someone that actually knows a few folks in the Redskins front office (See Merger=Good), Spurrier quit. Now, if you're nice about it, perhaps the janitor will get a plunger for you so you can get your head out of your ass. :)

So having doubts about where this team is heading and perhaps offering our meaningless suggestions equals jumping off a bandwagon? I didn't think this team was as good as 3-0 and I don't think they are as bad as the 2-5 since. I still say 8-8 will be the final outcome this year. Besides, if everyone was happy, this would indeed be a boring message board...

I have to ask - do the redskins have bandwagon fans? I mean the team has been mostly bad for a decade. If we win a superbowl I could see some new fans springing up but now? I don't buy it. The only fans left are those with a nervous smiles on game day, praying and hoping that this will be the year.

It really is amazing how loyal the DC fan base is. I can't believe that goon of an owner in Baltimore didn't think we should have our own baseball team here. DC fans are the best in the world.

What? Last year we were 6-10, one game better than Spurrier's 5-11 the year before. I don't know about you but I think we'll do better than the 7-9 record the skins had under Spurrier in 2002. Are you seriously comparing the two as NFL head coaches? Are you out of your mind?

If you look carefully at his avatar, you'll see that he's actually well into his mind :D .

Also, how am I wrong about the Spurrier - Gibbs connection? Both 11-15 as of right now since Gibbs's return. Gibbs has 10X (on paper) better a team than Spurrier did. Can't argue with results. I do believe though, that Spurrier blamed the losses on himself , not the refs... Once again, losing respect.

You are corrrect in #'s and thats about it. Spurrier had a decent team and ripped it apart trying to create the "fun n' gun" offense. Its obvious our team is improving and will be even better next year.

If you saw the TB game, you'd know that was a blown call. TD should have never been made on the field (since it took them 30seconds to realize). I know its hard for you to understand, since the Cowboys get every call humanily possible. I personally think that if Gibbs had not said anything, then respect would be lost.

Before I say goodbye, please don't forget, Santana for 70yards..14-13 B*TCH!!!!!!

Now I don't really think that he shouldn't get into (be in) the HOF. But, enough with the complaining. He's losing respectability.

since you are so 'informed' and live in va, one would think that you would know that gibbs is already IN the HOF, therefore doesnt have to try and get into it

ummm u cant compare a 3 time superbowl champ coach and the coach responsible for the modern redskins dynasty of the 80's and early 90's to a measly college coach who thought he could use the same thing he uses in college with amateur athletes on professional the best-of-the-best football players!!!!!

Gibbs is still cleaning up Spurriers mess. Next year we should be cleansed of all things Spurrier. It takes time you get your system and personnel all in place. I still think Gibbs feels he is missing a couple of pieces. Cooley and Taylor ended up being stud picks. Give it another year to find out if Rogers was a good pick, and perhaps another two years for Campbell.

Gibb's will turn this ship around. Just imagine if we were in the positive in the turnover ratio this year what our record would be. WE WILL address our D-line woes in the draft and Gibbs will be close to his super bowl plans.

Archived