Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

You guys are the worst fans I've ever seen ... and I live in Atlanta!!

Sweet Sassy Molassy

Look, I am and will always be a huge Redskins fans Win, Lose, or draw. I am in no way losing faith in this team. In my heart, I believe the skins' have a legitimate chance to make it to the postseason, but in my mind, I know that the chances of us making it to the playoffs are not very good. But all it takes is for one Redskin win and a Dallas/NYG loss to turn things around. Let's keep the faith guys, there is still a lot of football to be played and from what this team has had to endure throughout the season, anything is possible, and we should be right behind them cheering.

You know, I've been refraining from saying anything about it, but what I've seen from this board lately is pathetic! I've seen threads about how we're done for the season, or how we suck and how we'll always suck. It's absolutely sickening to see some of you give up on this team the way you have.

Now, I'll admit that our O-line has been very inconsistent, and outside of Moss we don't seem to have a dependable #2 receiver. Our D-Line can't get a push, and other than Shawn Springs and Sean Taylor our Secondary is not consistent. The other alarming thing has been our propensity for turnovers.

With all of this to consider, you would think that we wouldn't even be close to 5-5. It's been turnovers, that have plagued us this season. Without the turnovers we could still be 8-2. The bad thing for us is, we have to deal with the turnovers and with the turnovers some of our other shortcomings become even more obvious.

Having said all of this. I know it's going to be tough for us to make it into the playoffs, and I know it's tough to think that the team will make it considering we started the season so well, and right now we're in a funk. But, I remember last year when guys were sitting around talking about how we could squeak into the playoffs if "this team loses, and we win. Maybe we can make it.", it's almost disheartening to see you guys just throwing up the white flag. I mean, yes it's disappointing to see us go a bit flat, but this time last season we didn't have a chance and people were talking about how we'd be in the playoffs. This year we're closer than we've been in sometime, and you guys are giving up?

Don't get me wrong, I don't mind someone getting upset about us losing, or even taking notice of our shortcomings and how we can fix them. But some of you guys act like you were happier when we had Spurrier. If that's the case go to South Carolina and have fun, and I'll be right here rooting my team on win or lose/thick or thin.

Who's with me?! :helmet: :point2sky :cheers:

Well hell, you know I am, SSM :point2sky

OK, I am guilty of a few "venting" threads, but never a we are "dead" post.

I don't see a reason to believe a win is possible this week, but I will make my 1st Fed-Ex appearance of this year...and Yes, my family will be Loud.

Afterall, it is late Tuesday so the emotion has died down some from Sunday!!!

I haven't pulled the wallpaper off the Redskin room yet, so I think I can ednure another season.

The post about waiting 3 years makes good common sense...we all get a little itchy to get the winning tradition back and Lord knows we've seen our share of failed attempts.

But we do have 6 games left & the 3 road games should be within reach of our abilities.

HTTR !!!

People here do tend to rant too much and the game threads are hillarious, one page being all psyched up and the next claiming that this is the worst team ever.

I just wish the team would win the games they should win. They beat Dallas and Seattle and the Bears. All 3 are good teams. Why go and give us that Raiders game? WTF was going on against the Giants? This team is totally unpredictable. I wouldn't be suprised with any outcome this weekend. They could win 35-10 or lose 41-3 and it would just be like the rest of the season so far.

This is why I don't even bother comming here when we lose.

Our fans are WAY WAY WAAAAAAAAAY to emotional with knee jerk reactions, and I just don't want to deal with all the negativity.

I admit the Raiders loss hurt, and I havn't had the life sucked out of me like that in a while, but think about it... we're not out of it by a long shot. The team can step it up and win. Their last 3 games of the season are all against our divisional opponents, wich means we can regain ground right there.

To put it in perspective, we are 5-5. That's not out of it! That's not even a losing record. It's also not a winning record. It's a crossroads... a gut check time.

Bottom line though, is we need to show up on Sunday and then put together a winning streak.

We can still lose one more game and our record would be 10-6, wich should be enough to get us into the playoffs.

All i want for Xmas is to be able to watch the Redskins on TV, thats all i ask.

I realy stinks when you have to watch the darn computer screen and watch little red lines and read text to see whats going on in your teams game.

This is my 1st post and lived in California all my life and been a Redskin fan my whole life.

Have Faith WE CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!:helmet: :helmet:

Some times its hard and some times you want to kick your dog but hang in there.

:point2sky

Dang im a Cheerleader, when can i be a Waterboy????? i want to say

You Can Do It!!!!!!!!!! haha cheer up guys when we win this weekend we will all drink some :cheers:

This year we're closer than we've been in sometime, and you guys are giving up?

If that's the case go to South Carolina and have fun, and I'll be right here rooting my team on win or lose/thick or thin.

Who's with me?! :helmet: :point2sky :cheers:

Sweet Sassy Molassy I had to cut down some of your quote due to space you know...ES guidance but great post, absolutely positively salient and insightful ! I was selected the, by Larry Michael, #1 fan and featured in the Loudon County News and all, at the close of training camp. When asked how did it feel, I responded it's not about 1 fan it's about the 12th Man, 100,000 strong, including vendors and all.

Fans that post negative comments about the season are the ones sitting in the stands with their mouths shut. Its okay to generate thought provoking discussions about schemes and concepts on how we can do better as a team, but stuff like no playoffs this year and lose the rest to get a #1 draft pick man that's painful. And what's even worse is that some of the Redskins are probably on this site and relaying what's being said.

Don't know how the Coaching Staff's analyses is conducted for up coming game plans. But they have to war game the analyses, break down that film to a nats a^& and then someone play the offensive coordinator and GW and staff playout scenarios and look at all posibilities based on what they've seen on film, and come up with some alternatives.

Game plans in the NFL often times than not have to be adjusted by halftime. So during the game have those assistants sitting up in the booth look for those takeaways and clues that came up during the analyses. When they see them in the game ear mark them based on situation. Relay it down to the field and have the assistants on the field coach it to the players.

Coach Gibbs can't do all this stuff by himself. But it really makes me wonder about what and how were conducting business when it comes to game planning. In TB, with a minute and 1 second left we had a H.S. Coaching decision on the line and we missed it. Wasn't GWs fault and its not about that but we missed that critical point in the game's last minute of where the pulse of the game was at.

Tampa Bay hadn't been running all day and with a minute left, no time , 49yds to go we had no clue that they were going deep. Wow that's unbelievable and a very easy call! All they had to do was go 2% prevent, play the corners off, with the Safety,Bowen, playing half way and over top of the WRs.

Tell everybody else to stay at home and cover the underneath stuff,,, a field goal wasn't going to win the game and they had no time outs. Coach Bowen up and tell him look their going deep to one side or the other play halfway between the sidelines, Simms is going to try and look you off but don't bite, when he lets it go break on it and help the Corner out, but remember the ball is probably gonna come down somewhere inside the 10 possibly the 5 so take a good angle. Bingo possible interception , but the game is over and we win. But we missed it.

Shepard is someone that does not figure prominently in TBs game plan, he does now, but in our analyses, again, you have to go through all those possibilities. On ES I conveyed a similar message during chats for up coming Raiders game but what happened....same thing. So I'm with you but one does wonder what's going on when we're game planning for the next opponent. My prediction this weekend Skins by 2 TDs, yeah you have to believe, and we finish 11-5 and go deep in the playoffs. Again, great post , I'm with you and hopefully 100,000 other Redskin fans and Go Skins!

This is the 12th Man and that's all I know!

Look, I am and will always be a huge Redskins fans Win, Lose, or draw. I am in no way losing faith in this team. In my heart, I believe the skins' have a legitimate chance to make it to the postseason, but in my mind, I know that the chances of us making it to the playoffs are not very good. But all it takes is for one Redskin win and a Dallas/NYG loss to turn things around. Let's keep the faith guys, there is still a lot of football to be played and from what this team has had to endure throughout the season, anything is possible, and we should be right behind them cheering.

That's a great point and both NYG and D have tough opponents this week.

NYG at Seattle (and they don't lose too much there)

Dallas hosts Denver (Denver is on a roll)

Consider what happens if the 'Skins can win and they lose. All I know is that come Sunday, I will be at the stadium fired up!

A couple of things that I see here, 1) We all love the burgundy and gold 2) We want them to win.

Since the early 90's we have endure tough years of losing. We kept on saying this will be the year. Dan spent millions on Crappy Dion and other players trying to get the team to win. I know there are some people out there that just simply post negative thoughts and some who are just starting to accept yet another season, one that started like no other, full of hope and expectations. We were getting the bounces; we were winning the close games. There is nothing more that I would like but to see the team finish strong and with a winning record.

:dallasuck

In all honesty, some of us have more important things going on in their lives then football. 0-16, 16-0, I'm not going anyway, I'll stay a die-hard. But I'm not going to spend anywhere close to the majority of my life defending them like their my children. They're grown men, they need to do the talking for me so I can handle my own business.

Oh please... the team hasnt made the playoffs in forever, some people complain about poor play(rightly so) and you bash them? Seriously. I will be, and always will be rootign for the redskins. It just happens to be exhausting and a waste of my time a lot of the time. There was no excuse for them loosing to TB or Oakland, or the giants 36-0 for that matter, so while i dont expect to see them win, I still root for them. The problem is currently they have the talent, supposedly have the coaches, and still manage to blow every opportunity.

To call any current redskins fan a fair-weather fan is to label yourself an idiot.

1. Atlanta has the worst fans of any city with a professional sports franchise. How do you not sell out a playoff game?

2. Spurrier is doing a fantastic job at South Carolina right now. He has turned that program around in a very short time, something NO coach seems to be able to do with the Skins.

Man, if this week's posts bothered you, wait until next week after we get it handed to us by the Chargers. It will NOT be pretty, much like our team's performance.

But you have to see where I'm coming from on this, because its a long season as you and I know. And it's too long a season for me to take us winning by scores of 9-7, 14-13, 20-17, and 17-10. And it's certainly WAY too long of a season to see us continually lose games 36-35, 16-13, 28-21, and 21-19. It's hard to take, even the wins because as good as a win is, a foot to the inside of the goalpost, we lose. If Moss doesn't get behind Williams twice in a row and we don't run that Dallas return man out of bounds, we lose. We found a way to make the Philly game interesting.

So thats my question, to you, to everyone else.

Okay and no I don't see where you're coming from. As amatter of fact I don't know what you're talking about. Eh, come up with a scheme of how we can fix things and share some insight that generates talking points that will help the team.

Because they do read it, no they're not going to send you a personal note saying thanks for the concepts there working! But they do read it because Coach Bugel already said we have smart fans out there so lets share some thoughts on how we can all work through it.

Yeah, he was on Comcast before the Raiders game and he extended the invite. So lets talk about how we can fix things and not personal attacks against players and each other.

1. Atlanta has the worst fans of any city with a professional sports franchise. How do you not sell out a playoff game?

2. Spurrier is doing a fantastic job at South Carolina right now. He has turned that program around in a very short time, something NO coach seems to be able to do with the Skins.

Man, if this week's posts bothered you, wait until next week after we get it handed to us by the Chargers. It will NOT be pretty, much like our team's performance.

You're the exact type of person that I'm talking about. I mean, it's one thing to say that we may have our hands full regarding a team. But to out-right state that we're going to lose? What type of crap is that. You might as well just stop watching the games, because obviously you know the outcome.

Oh please... the team hasnt made the playoffs in forever, some people complain about poor play(rightly so) and you bash them? Seriously. I will be, and always will be rootign for the redskins. It just happens to be exhausting and a waste of my time a lot of the time. There was no excuse for them loosing to TB or Oakland, or the giants 36-0 for that matter, so while i dont expect to see them win, I still root for them. The problem is currently they have the talent, supposedly have the coaches, and still manage to blow every opportunity.

To call any current redskins fan a fair-weather fan is to label yourself an idiot.

I'm sorry, but the idiot would have to be the person that didn't read my post. Tell me where I said that people shouldn't complain about poor play. In-fact, I encouraged that. The thing that I said irks me is when people start predicting losses, and disregard the previous 8-9 games where we played hard and won or were in it till the end. Yes, there is no excuse for us losing to Oakland, TB is/was tough when we played them, we knew that. Just because they lost to the 49ers and the Panthers doesn't mean they should have been taken lightly. To me it just seems as if logic is thrown out of the window when we lose a game (actually it's thrown out of the window when we win).

You know it took 2 years of losing before Marty S. righted the ship in S.D., year 3 look what happened. I wished that Marty had the time here, that he had in S.D., but I can't control that so tough ****. Joe Gibbs is only in his second year as head coach, my expectations were high I admit, but realistically it might take him till year three to get us where we need to be.

The one thing I've noticed about the fans is that we complain about the coaching turnover, but as soon as the coach has a bad game, we're calling for his head. We might complain about how it sucks that we let good QBs, good players in general, get away, but as soon as they make a mistake we're calling for him to be traded/cut. We have no patience as fans, understandable because we've been losing for so long, and we just want to get out of it. To be realistic, maybe we don't deserve the playoffs this year. I still have hope that we'll make it, but you know what, I don't think we're ready for the playoffs. But I'm patient because I think that without the turnover (in players and coaches), we're a good team, and maybe next year if we show the same thing that we showed this year then I'll be impatient, but give the staff some time before you just stick a fork in them.

Archived