Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

You guys are the worst fans I've ever seen ... and I live in Atlanta!!

Sweet Sassy Molassy

if anything the fans here have been too patient.

6.5 years of Norv Turner. 2 years of Steve Spurrier who mailed in his last 6 months as coach.

6 years since a winning record during a time in which the NFC has been a mediocre conference.

each year we see a team that seems within arm's reach of winning some games, only to come up short, often by less than a touchdown.

the turnovers and penalties have been problems for years.

at some point the merry-go-round has to stop.

I don't think criticizing a team that prepares for 6 months only to be unable to get out of its own way each Sunday is an unreasonable response given what we have seen.

If the Redskins had started out 1-3 but righted themselves by playing better each week to get to 5-5 you could say there is cause for optimism going forward.

Instead the team is 2-5 in its last seven games and looks to be a dead fish in the water.

Let me just say this. I don't care if we criticize the team, but like RedskinsPryde said, when we just give up on it, when there's still a possibility, no matter how slim, that we could make the playoffs. I've been critical myself. But man, I never thought guys would go to the extreme (no pun intended) that they are. For those of you thinking that I'm saying not to criticize the team, that couldn't be further from the truth. Criticize them all you want, but I just think it's sickening when I see people predicting that we're going to lose, or just act like the team is nothing but a bunch of losers. Yes, we've been through years of this, and it's tough to watch it seemingly slip away after all the hard work our guys have put in. But I feel that this year we have at least started to put a stamp on what our identity is. We have a big run threat, we have a big WR threat, we have threat at H-back. The QB even though he's older has shown that he's still a threat, will that change next year? Who knows? Our defense still has explosive players at LB, Safety and Corner, we definitely need a better pass rush, but I think the defense is still going to be solid, we may not be top 10 but I think we'll always be solid. So, yes we have some holes to fill. But I think we knew that all along. Our problem as Redskins fans is that we want everything overnight, last year we were going to the Superbowl, then people started jumping ship when it was obvious that we weren't. This year, we're going to the Superbowl, now people are starting to jump ship.

let's forget the playoffs for now, just as Gibbs said at his press conference. let's concentrate on winning ONE football game vs. San Diego this Sunday. This is one of the toughest games on the schedule against a team that also needs this game to keep its own hopes alive.

we will see what the Redskins are made of in this one. nowhere to hide.

I always come to this message board immediately after a Redskins win or loss. I love this message board the most when the Redskins lose or are going through a losing period for two reason:

1. The positive posts, because they give me hope for this year and the future and

2. The negative posts, because whether you are willing to admit it or not, they say exactly what I'm feeling when I'm angry and frustrated when the Skins lose. I don't have to write one word--I just read, because you say what I'm feeling. I may be angry about the officiating, the playcalling, the turnovers, free agent signings, the questionable draft picks or draft strategies over the years...whatever. I find comfort in knowing that I'm not alone in my pain...that others are feeling the same things that I'm feeling. For whatever reason, it helps. The members' intense anger merely matches the love they have for the Redskins. Richard Pryor joked that he was in love with a woman that he couldn't stand. Sometimes, I can't stand the team, the organization, or the coaches, but I will always love the Redskins.

So, I would like to thank everyone for their positive and negative posts...the trolls, of course, are not included. :)

I have to respectfully disagree. To feel that this team won't make the postseason is not bandwagon jumping. It's called losing faith. Bandwagon jumping is saying you're done with this team and moving on to the next flavor of the week. To witnes what we have the last month is frustrating and I see nothing that would indicate a turnaround but who knows with this league. Though I feel this team's chances for postseason are slim to none it doesn't alter my love for this team nor will it stop me from tuning in next Sunday. I'm just going to take an approach of notreally getting to emotional and not getting upset if we get beat in a heartbreaker. Look I'm possibly the most passionate fan in the world and these games get me so fired up and upset that things get broke in my house. I thought I was having a heart attack a couple of years ago and thankfully it was just angina. It felt like someone was sitting on my chest for an hour. I don't need the kind of stress that causes things like that to happen. By me not caring AS MUCH I spare my health and keep from scaring my wife and kids and they are more important than some silly team will ever be. I'm sorry but as you get older other things begin to take presidence like your family and retirement. I'll be able to retire in 15 years with 75% of my salary as my pension and I want to live to see that without my blood pressure becoming my demise.

I feel the same way, when I had mention possibly starting JC at QB now all of a sudden I'm dumping the team???? Then my thread just to dicuss the possibilty of this with skins fans because I live in the northeast(there arent that many of us up here) Gets thrown into a merger of We officially suck......WTF...Who ever merging this stuff needs to pay a little closer attention as to what is being said. I never said we suck. All that was said was that I thought the team needed a spark(an opinion). I visit this site everyday I love getting the info from this site and half the guys that want to throw you in the bag aren't even 20 yrs old.... I have been a Redskin fan longer than they have been alive. :logo:

You know, I've been refraining from saying anything about it, but what I've seen from this board lately is pathetic! I've seen threads about how we're done for the season, or how we suck and how we'll always suck. It's absolutely sickening to see some of you give up on this team the way you have.

Now, I'll admit that our O-line has been very inconsistent, and outside of Moss we don't seem to have a dependable #2 receiver. Our D-Line can't get a push, and other than Shawn Springs and Sean Taylor our Secondary is not consistent. The other alarming thing has been our propensity for turnovers.

With all of this to consider, you would think that we wouldn't even be close to 5-5. It's been turnovers, that have plagued us this season. Without the turnovers we could still be 8-2. The bad thing for us is, we have to deal with the turnovers and with the turnovers some of our other shortcomings become even more obvious.

Having said all of this. I know it's going to be tough for us to make it into the playoffs, and I know it's tough to think that the team will make it considering we started the season so well, and right now we're in a funk. But, I remember last year when guys were sitting around talking about how we could squeak into the playoffs if "this team loses, and we win. Maybe we can make it.", it's almost disheartening to see you guys just throwing up the white flag. I mean, yes it's disappointing to see us go a bit flat, but this time last season we didn't have a chance and people were talking about how we'd be in the playoffs. This year we're closer than we've been in sometime, and you guys are giving up?

Don't get me wrong, I don't mind someone getting upset about us losing, or even taking notice of our shortcomings and how we can fix them. But some of you guys act like you were happier when we had Spurrier. If that's the case go to South Carolina and have fun, and I'll be right here rooting my team on win or lose/thick or thin.

Who's with me?! :helmet: :point2sky :cheers:

Go to Philadelphia Eagles.com if you want to see worse fans. I am ashamed to be associated with 75% of them.

the skins are not improving

they lost the same type of games last year. Vs Ravens, Giants , Browns and at Cowboys. They had all 4 games won. Portis and Brunell fumbled away the Ravens , Giants and Browns games. And the defense got beat deep vs the cowboys.

Where is the improvement? We would have been 10-6 last yr without turnovers, this yr it is the same crap by the same players. The only time you saw improvment last yr was when Ramsey and Betts played more. Portis and Brunell are two of the highest paid players on the offense and have botched 2 yrs in a row. I gave them one season of bad fumbles. The second yr and you do not learn?

I love how people loss faith after one bad loss, and forget the other 8 out of 9 games this team has played against the toughest schedule in the NFC, how three of those losses went down to the last play, and 2 could have been wins yet for a single call in each.

Yeah lets dwell on the flaws, and ignore the positives, mock those who believe we have a realistic chance. Forget the season is a 16 game marathon, and it doesn't matter where the wins and loses come they all add up the same at the end.

Maybe we'll need a little luck, but the Giants have had theirs, so has Dallas.... maybe it's our turn. OR maybe we make our damn luck, but I'm keeping my faith and waiting to ride it until the end.

the skins are not improving

they lost the same type of games last year. Vs Ravens, Giants , Browns and at Cowboys. They had all 4 games won. Portis and Brunell fumbled away the Ravens , Giants and Browns games. And the defense got beat deep vs the cowboys.

Where is the improvement? We would have been 10-6 last yr without turnovers, this yr it is the same crap by the same players. The only time you saw improvment last yr was when Ramsey and Betts played more. Portis and Brunell are two of the highest paid players on the offense and have botched 2 yrs in a row. I gave them one season of bad fumbles. The second yr and you do not learn?

bull ****, just like 99% of all your other posts

just trolling to stir crap up..... :rolleyes:

You know, I've been refraining from saying anything about it, but what I've seen from this board lately is pathetic! I've seen threads about how we're done for the season, or how we suck and how we'll always suck. It's absolutely sickening to see some of you give up on this team the way you have.

Now, I'll admit that our O-line has been very inconsistent, and outside of Moss we don't seem to have a dependable #2 receiver. Our D-Line can't get a push, and other than Shawn Springs and Sean Taylor our Secondary is not consistent. The other alarming thing has been our propensity for turnovers.

With all of this to consider, you would think that we wouldn't even be close to 5-5. It's been turnovers, that have plagued us this season. Without the turnovers we could still be 8-2. The bad thing for us is, we have to deal with the turnovers and with the turnovers some of our other shortcomings become even more obvious.

Having said all of this. I know it's going to be tough for us to make it into the playoffs, and I know it's tough to think that the team will make it considering we started the season so well, and right now we're in a funk. But, I remember last year when guys were sitting around talking about how we could squeak into the playoffs if "this team loses, and we win. Maybe we can make it.", it's almost disheartening to see you guys just throwing up the white flag. I mean, yes it's disappointing to see us go a bit flat, but this time last season we didn't have a chance and people were talking about how we'd be in the playoffs. This year we're closer than we've been in sometime, and you guys are giving up?

Don't get me wrong, I don't mind someone getting upset about us losing, or even taking notice of our shortcomings and how we can fix them. But some of you guys act like you were happier when we had Spurrier. If that's the case go to South Carolina and have fun, and I'll be right here rooting my team on win or lose/thick or thin.

Who's with me?! :helmet: :point2sky :cheers:

Joe that is why I just glance at the stadium until Thursday or so! Everyones just blowing off steam becasue it was an embarrassing loss. I feel your pain though! :helmet:

I thought masking profanity was NOT ALLOWED on this site? :rolleyes:

I didn't mask anything, the site blocked it,...... which is what is allowed

masking is typing out the word but using a 1 or $ to replace a letter, so it still looks like the curse word.

I am a staff member, and will be glad to educate you on any board rules

See Om, this is what happens when you dont blow some much needed sunshine up our collective asses after a tough loss like that.

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=128324

The board doesn't need anyone to blow sunshine up their asses. It just needs more people to find the balance between passionate fandom, objectivity, perspective, and buy into the idea that NEITHER "homers" nor "haters" are the "realists" they claim to be, but that those able to see the merits in both sides of the deal are.

So there. :)

I didn't mask anything, the site blocked it,...... which is what is allowed

masking is typing out the word but using a 1 or $ to replace a letter, so it still looks like the curse word.

I am a staff member, and will be glad to educate you on any board rules

Just asking a question. Don't get your burgandy and gold panties in a bunch.

I love how people loss faith after one bad loss, and forget the other 8 out of 9 games this team has played against the toughest schedule in the NFC, how three of those losses went down to the last play, and 2 could have been wins yet for a single call in each.

Yeah lets dwell on the flaws, and ignore the positives, mock those who believe we have a realistic chance. Forget the season is a 16 game marathon, and it doesn't matter where the wins and loses come they all add up the same at the end.

Maybe we'll need a little luck, but the Giants have had theirs, so has Dallas.... maybe it's our turn. OR maybe we make our damn luck, but I'm keeping my faith and waiting to ride it until the end.

Bubba, I know we've had our differences. I've always respected you cause you're always really optimistic.

I try to stay optimistic but right now it's hard for me to. I don't know if the negatives outweigh the positives but I'd have to say they're pretty close to even right now.

Maybe we will need a little luck, I agree, luck will never hurt. But don't forget, we've had a pretty decent amount in the Dallas MNF game and the Seahawks kicking a FG off the uprights. On the other hand though, we've certainly had luck go against us. Who knows.

My whole thing with this team is that they constantly play down to whoever they're playing. The games are always close, save SF and NYG. And whenever we're up and have a chance to put teams away for good, we find a way to let them right back in, either to tie it up or pull ahead for good.

This team doesn't have the killer instinct, on offense or defense and nobody can deny that, not even you, Bubba. And thats not a personal attack, but thats the truth, seeing as we make mistakes, turn it over at crucial times, etc.

I still have a little bit of hope left, just a bit. I hope that Moss will rip off 4 straight 150+ yard performances, Brunell will get his ratings back up in the 90's, Portis will take a few to the house, the line will give better protection, the defense will start to get pressure on QB's, create turnovers, stop giving up big plays and everyone will stop the retarded penalties at crucial times. I hope.

But you have to see where I'm coming from on this, because its a long season as you and I know. And it's too long a season for me to take us winning by scores of 9-7, 14-13, 20-17, and 17-10. And it's certainly WAY too long of a season to see us continually lose games 36-35, 16-13, 28-21, and 21-19. It's hard to take, even the wins because as good as a win is, a foot to the inside of the goalpost, we lose. If Moss doesn't get behind Williams twice in a row and we don't run that Dallas return man out of bounds, we lose. We found a way to make the Philly game interesting.

So thats my question, to you, to everyone else. When does it end? When do we stop playing DOWN to other teams and UP to our potential, both player personnel and coaching staff. Because until that point, I don't see us much more than as an average team who'll win a shootout by a fieldgoal or lose a defensive war because we lost the field position battle and committed a penalty or a turnover when it's late and close.

Bubba, I know we've had our differences. I've always respected you cause you're always really optimistic.

I try to stay optimistic but right now it's hard for me to. I don't know if the negatives outweigh the positives but I'd have to say they're pretty close to even right now.

Maybe we will need a little luck, I agree, luck will never hurt. But don't forget, we've had a pretty decent amount in the Dallas MNF game and the Seahawks kicking a FG off the uprights. On the other hand though, we've certainly had luck go against us. Who knows.

My whole thing with this team is that they constantly play down to whoever they're playing. The games are always close, save SF and NYG. And whenever we're up and have a chance to put teams away for good, we find a way to let them right back in, either to tie it up or pull ahead for good.

This team doesn't have the killer instinct, on offense or defense and nobody can deny that, not even you, Bubba. And thats not a personal attack, but thats the truth, seeing as we make mistakes, turn it over at crucial times, etc.

I still have a little bit of hope left, just a bit. I hope that Moss will rip off 4 straight 150+ yard performances, Brunell will get his ratings back up in the 90's, Portis will take a few to the house, the line will give better protection, the defense will start to get pressure on QB's, create turnovers, stop giving up big plays and everyone will stop the retarded penalties at crucial times. I hope.

But you have to see where I'm coming from on this, because its a long season as you and I know. And it's too long a season for me to take us winning by scores of 9-7, 14-13, 20-17, and 17-10. And it's certainly WAY too long of a season to see us continually lose games 36-35, 16-13, 28-21, and 21-19. It's hard to take, even the wins because as good as a win is, a foot to the inside of the goalpost, we lose. If Moss doesn't get behind Williams twice in a row and we don't run that Dallas return man out of bounds, we lose. We found a way to make the Philly game interesting.

So thats my question, to you, to everyone else. When does it end? When do we stop playing DOWN to other teams and UP to everyone else? Because until that point, I don't see us much more than as an average team who'll win a shootout by a fieldgoal or lose a defensive war because we lost the field position battle and committed a penalty or a turnover when it's late and close.

dude all your thinking about is 1 game.... and forgetting the rest. Dallas wasn't luck, neither was Seattle, 80% of NFL games are decided by a td or less. So we are not Indy.... look how long it took them to reach that point. We are leaps and bounds better than we've been in years, have 3 winnable road games, a shot against SD, and I refuse to believe a Joe Gibbs coached team will quit against Dallas or NY at home.

another factor, Gibbs teams are alway toughest down the stretch, because they are in better condition

I feel the same way, when I had mention possibly starting JC at QB now all of a sudden I'm dumping the team???? Then my thread just to dicuss the possibilty of this with skins fans because I live in the northeast(there arent that many of us up here) Gets thrown into a merger of We officially suck......WTF...Who ever merging this stuff needs to pay a little closer attention as to what is being said. I never said we suck. All that was said was that I thought the team needed a spark(an opinion). I visit this site everyday I love getting the info from this site and half the guys that want to throw you in the bag aren't even 20 yrs old.... I have been a Redskin fan longer than they have been alive. :logo:

Going back to my previous post, I don't care if people get upset about a loss, and even lose some faith in the team. I don't even mind if you create a thread asking if it would be in our teams best interest to start Campbell. What really irks me is, like Bubba said, when guys start making uninformative posts about how the team isn't doing anything as if all of the things it's done the previous 8-9 games don't count. When guys come up with, completely misleading, posts to tell us why the team is going to lose. That's what bothers me.

Going back to my previous post, I don't care if people get upset about a loss, and even lose some faith in the team. I don't even mind if you create a thread asking if it would be in our teams best interest to start Campbell. What really irks me is, like Bubba said, when guys start making uninformative posts about how the team isn't doing anything as if all of the things it's done the previous 8-9 games don't count. When guys come up with, completely misleading, posts to tell us why the team is going to lose. That's what bothers me.

Do you really still have Coles in your signiature? I thought you guys hated him.

dude all your thinking about is 1 game.... and forgetting the rest. Dallas wasn't luck, neither was Seattle, 80% of NFL games are decided by a td or less. So we are not Indy.... look how long it took them to reach that point. We are leaps and bounds better than we've been in years, have 3 winnable road games, a shot against SD, and I refuse to believe a Joe Gibbs coached team will quit against Dallas or NY at home.

another factor, Gibbs teams are alway toughest down the stretch, because they are in better condition

Dallas wasn't luck, I'll agree. But Seattle, I think it was.

I'm not asking us to be Indy, I'm not asking to win games by 14 points.

I'm just asking what it'll take to put a team away for good, and thats not necessarily reflected in the scoreboard.

I agree, we are leaps and bounds better than we have been in the past three years.

But I have to disagree with you on some of the winnable road games. How can we expect to win them when we lose those against Denver and KC? How can we expect to stop Holt and Bruce when we can't stop Jerry Porter? K, granted Bulger might not be there...How are we going to stop Tomlinson, McCardell and Gates when we can't stop Tatum Bell and Rod Smith? ...I think we can beat Arizona. NYG and the Cowboys are up for grabs, but those teams are heading up and gaining momentum while we've lost 5 of our past 7. Philly is probably the game I expect us to win the most.

Gibbs teams don't quit, this is true.

But this Gibbs team isn't getting many turnovers while giving too many away and committing bonehead penalties, albeit not as many as we used to. You can't deny that man.

You also can't deny that we let teams back into games when we should have them put away.

And thats where I see some major faults in this team, the lack of the killer instinct and the lack of momentum (not conditioning) as a team headed into the final stretch.

Edit: I don't think I'm being pessamistic, I think I'm being pretty realistic. The questions about stopping McCardell, LT2 and Gates are legit, we should be worried about them as well as Holt and Bruce. We've given up big plays over the course of the past few weeks to players of lesser caliber than them. I also think the recent trends are worth talking about and not glossing over simply because "Joe Gibbs is at the helm." Yes, I know his track record, and I'm not writing him off. However, to simply look to him and expect everything to be A-ok over the last bit here is naive in my eyes.

:2cents:

Slingin Sammy I agree with your point of view completely. I am still a die-hard fan but we immediately raise our bar of expectation almost ridiculously high as soon as we hear Joe Gibbs in the same sentence with the Redskins. And rightfully so, he is an amazing coach and we should have faith in our team, however through almost a decade of mis-leadership, from the players all the way up to the ownership had left this team a mess. We are still in "re-building" mode and when coach Gibbs said it would take more than a year I think we should listen to that advice more carefully. I am still a die-hard fan, and will root for our team through thick and thin, I also am not going to set my bar so high and get my feelings so emotionally involved. These last few weeks have taken a toll on me, to the point where I don't function to my fullest. It doesn't make me any less of a die-hard fan, just a less homerish one. Anyways, it would be great to see us in the playoffs. Hail Skins!

Archived