Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

You guys are the worst fans I've ever seen ... and I live in Atlanta!!

Sweet Sassy Molassy

You know, I've been refraining from saying anything about it, but what I've seen from this board lately is pathetic! I've seen threads about how we're done for the season, or how we suck and how we'll always suck. It's absolutely sickening to see some of you give up on this team the way you have.

Now, I'll admit that our O-line has been very inconsistent, and outside of Moss we don't seem to have a dependable #2 receiver. Our D-Line can't get a push, and other than Shawn Springs and Sean Taylor our Secondary is not consistent. The other alarming thing has been our propensity for turnovers.

With all of this to consider, you would think that we wouldn't even be close to 5-5. It's been turnovers, that have plagued us this season. Without the turnovers we could still be 8-2. The bad thing for us is, we have to deal with the turnovers and with the turnovers some of our other shortcomings become even more obvious.

Having said all of this. I know it's going to be tough for us to make it into the playoffs, and I know it's tough to think that the team will make it considering we started the season so well, and right now we're in a funk. But, I remember last year when guys were sitting around talking about how we could squeak into the playoffs if "this team loses, and we win. Maybe we can make it.", it's almost disheartening to see you guys just throwing up the white flag. I mean, yes it's disappointing to see us go a bit flat, but this time last season we didn't have a chance and people were talking about how we'd be in the playoffs. This year we're closer than we've been in sometime, and you guys are giving up?

Don't get me wrong, I don't mind someone getting upset about us losing, or even taking notice of our shortcomings and how we can fix them. But some of you guys act like you were happier when we had Spurrier. If that's the case go to South Carolina and have fun, and I'll be right here rooting my team on win or lose/thick or thin.

Who's with me?! :helmet: :point2sky :cheers:

I think that the way our team has been playing lately has been awful. Very inconsistant. We don't cause many turnovers, yet we give the ball to our opponents at least twice a game. No one says to me, "You have to stick with this team 100% through thick and thin." The Redskins aren't paying me to root for them. What hurts is seeing a team that has so much potential, blow it over ridiculous turnovers. I just want to see this team succeed and prove to people that we are better than what we are. I was one of those people last year saying, "If we go 7-9 and such and such lose/win and cows fly, we'll make the playoffs." We are in a much better situation this year than we were last year. We still have a good chance to make the playoffs if the cards fall correctly.

I am not giving up on this team.

I'm with ya... I never give up hope and never bash. Sure this team can frustrate the hell out of you but thier still my boys and I'll never lose faith or hope.

What we do need is to finish the season 6-0 or 5-1 at worst if we can manage this we will make the playoffs. So theres always a glimmer of hope.

LETS GO SKINS!!!!!

You know, I've been refraining from saying anything about it, but what I've seen from this board lately is pathetic! I've seen threads about how we're done for the season, or how we suck and how we'll always suck. It's absolutely sickening to see some of you give up on this team the way you have.

Now, I'll admit that our O-line has been very inconsistent, and outside of Moss we don't seem to have a dependable #2 receiver. Our D-Line can't get a push, and other than Shawn Springs and Sean Taylor our Secondary is not consistent. The other alarming thing has been our propensity for turnovers.

With all of this to consider, you would think that we wouldn't even be close to 5-5. It's been turnovers, that have plagued us this season. Without the turnovers we could still be 8-2. The bad thing for us is, we have to deal with the turnovers and with the turnovers some of our other shortcomings become even more obvious.

Having said all of this. I know it's going to be tough for us to make it into the playoffs, and I know it's tough to think that the team will make it considering we started the season so well, and right now we're in a funk. But, I remember last year when guys were sitting around talking about how we could squeak into the playoffs if "this team loses, and we win. Maybe we can make it.", it's almost disheartening to see you guys just throwing up the white flag. I mean, yes it's disappointing to see us go a bit flat, but this time last season we didn't have a chance and people were talking about how we'd be in the playoffs. This year we're closer than we've been in sometime, and you guys are giving up?

Don't get me wrong, I don't mind someone getting upset about us losing, or even taking notice of our shortcomings and how we can fix them. But some of you guys act like you were happier when we had Spurrier. If that's the case go to South Carolina and have fun, and I'll be right here rooting my team on win or lose/thick or thin.

How many times do you think the fans have seen positive posts like these and yet we keep on loosing games that we should have won?? I have hope that we ll win this Sunday, I always have hope but I think alot of fans are running out of hopes and faith!! I was thinking, Dallas beat SD and lost to the Raiders, so incase we loose to the raiders and win against SD!! Loosing year after year does this to the fans. Heck the Skins are lucky that they still have a fan base like us who still go to the games and cheer them on!!

Mentality is that we are loosers, when you see players on Offense play without heart and a sense of urgency then what do you expect from us fans? I hope we can be competitive this coming sunday, I just hope its not a blow out game.

The "Redskin fan" has a lot of frustration these days...this board is the best way or shall i say easiest way to vent and feel some comfort and warmth :)

...I was at the game and didnt feel good about it (for the most part). I felt that the Raiders had control of the total 2nd half and did what they wanted both offensively and defensively....that is scary...........they are the Friggin' RAIDERS!

I am not throwing in the towel just yet...I dont feel good about this upcoming SD game (hey Im being honest here) due to what I witnessed at Fedex on Sunday vs. the Raiders...not a ton of reason to be optimistic considering we are even more banged up/injured, still cant rush the passer, continue to make the same mistakes, commit too many turnovers AND are playing against a BETTER team in the Chargers.

Im not saying that this team will never be good nor am I turning in my Burgundy & Gold Regalia in.....im just saying that things arent in good shape for the moment and I dont have a good feeling about this Sunday. There are a lot of areas where people can bash this team right now and each and every flaw is being anaylized...thats what we do.

This team has problems and they are becoming evident each and every week. I have hope...although after this Sunday that could severely diminish.

What gives me hope....

1) We have proven that we dont quit.

2) We have beaten the Cowboys, Bears, Eagles and Seahawks. So we CAN play good football.

3) Coach Gibbs has my trust.

:applause: :applause: :applause: :cheers::cheers::cheers:

I hear ya Molassy!!!!! I'm right there with you!!!! This team is so much better then last year's team and 100 times better then any team here since 1999. Rome wasn't built in a day and neither are championship football teams. Yes, the loses are tough, but as a fan, rule #1 is you NEVER, EVER give up on your team. So I'll be there with you each Sunday cheering the Skins on win or lose!!

:dallasuck :eaglesuck :gaintsuck

I'm with you buddy. I must admit, I am pretty harsh right after a game because I am full of emotion. Once I settle down I am allot better. The skins will be ok, we need to just focus on beating SD

After a game, you are going to get a lot of emotional posts. This has become especially true since this board became the official board. The good thing is, after a few days, the voices of reason come out.

Whenever you have fans, you are going to have a certain amount of idiot comments. It goes with the territory.

Jason

I have to respectfully disagree. To feel that this team won't make the postseason is not bandwagon jumping. It's called losing faith. Bandwagon jumping is saying you're done with this team and moving on to the next flavor of the week. To witnes what we have the last month is frustrating and I see nothing that would indicate a turnaround but who knows with this league. Though I feel this team's chances for postseason are slim to none it doesn't alter my love for this team nor will it stop me from tuning in next Sunday. I'm just going to take an approach of notreally getting to emotional and not getting upset if we get beat in a heartbreaker. Look I'm possibly the most passionate fan in the world and these games get me so fired up and upset that things get broke in my house. I thought I was having a heart attack a couple of years ago and thankfully it was just angina. It felt like someone was sitting on my chest for an hour. I don't need the kind of stress that causes things like that to happen. By me not caring AS MUCH I spare my health and keep from scaring my wife and kids and they are more important than some silly team will ever be. I'm sorry but as you get older other things begin to take presidence like your family and retirement. I'll be able to retire in 15 years with 75% of my salary as my pension and I want to live to see that without my blood pressure becoming my demise.

I have to respectfully disagree. To feel that this team won't make the postseason is not bandwagon jumping. It's called losing faith. Bandwagon jumping is saying you're done with this team and moving on to the next flavor of the week. To witnes what we have the last month is frustrating and I see nothing that would indicate a turnaround but who knows with this league. Though I feel this team's chances for postseason are slim to none it doesn't alter my love for this team nor will it stop me from tuning in next Sunday. I'm just going to take an approach of notreally getting to emotional and not getting upset if we get beat in a heartbreaker. Look I'm possibly the most passionate fan in the world and these games get me so fired up and upset that things get broke in my house. I thought I was having a heart attack a couple of years ago and thankfully it was just angina. It felt like someone was sitting on my chest for an hour. I don't need the kind of stress that causes things like that to happen. By me not caring AS MUCH I spare my health and keep from scaring my wife and kids and they are more important than some silly team will ever be. I'm sorry but as you get older other things begin to take presidence like your family and retirement. I'll be able to retire in 15 years with 75% of my salary as my pension and I want to live to see that without my blood pressure becoming my demise.

The Janitor wishes you good health in the future soon!!!

:helmet:

SSM, You have to admit this week really hurt. For a team who looked so good earlier in the season, and then turn in a stinker like sunday, really hurt. I think everyone will calm down by the end of the week. For team confidence, and morale sake, WE MUST WIN ON SUNDAY.

I'm with you. I don't give up on the season until we are mathmatically eliminated. We are 5-5. The Viking won last night, and they're talking playoffs.

Hail to the Redskins!!!!!! :helmet: :logo: :point2sky

The Janitor wishes you good health in the future soon!!!

:helmet:

Thanks janitor. The angina attack wasn't brought on by a game but I'm suprised it hasn't yet. :laugh: The doc says it may be something that may come back and bug me tomorrow and maybe never at all. I hope never. It scared the crap out of me. My health is great. Cholesterol of 153 and blood pressure of 118/72. I hope to keep it that way ;)

sassy, your post is the one and only reason why i post more in the off season than in the regular season. i can't even visit this board until tuesday or so each week. and it's both ways. the board is bi-polar. after a win, we're swamped with "the official 'skins SB XL champs" thread, and after a loss, it's chicken little.

losses are hard. they're hard on all of us die hards. i don't want to make it harder by reading a bunch of drivel from bandwagoners and johnny-come-latelies.

I think most of the ugliness is coming from a select few, who thrive of stirring up crap when ever the Skins lose.

I feel that most of the board are true fans, that may vent at times... but are still in the Skins corner, and have undying loyality and faith.

Damn straight! I'm with you bubba! Gotta keep the faith!

Its pretty amazing to me that most Washington Redskins fans feel the same way.

During the games a nervous/anexious feeling comes when the team is on the field, and its shared by most. I'm sure they hate it just as much as I do. Its a Horrible Feeling!. I mean, for once I wish I could just look at a game and feel confident that the team wont shoot itself in the foot. If any fan can watch a Redskin game without sweating from the coin toss to the final wistle, then they arnt really investing much in the team winning. For me, a Redskin win dictates if my Sunday will be good or bad. If the skins lose I have a lump in my throat and I dont want to watch any football what so ever. I believe most Skins fans feel this way. Its not our fault Its due to the longevity of inconsistancy by the team, And a Passion for wanting the team to win.

Dont get me wrong I like the "glass is half full " approach to the Redskins 2005 season. But lets face it.. After losing the last 5 out of 7 games its kinda hard to have faith for something that isnt presenting itself. The ~substance of things hoped for ~is exactly what we are doing "hoping" that the Redskins make the playoffs. Well I'm tiered of "hoping", I want to "know" that we are making the playoffs. I want to witness the ~evidence of things unseen~. I mean that's what faith is all about....I've never bashed the Redskins.. { go ahead and check ;) } but if people lose faith or give up on the Skins I understand. The faith must come from the evidence of the Washington Redskins. And looking at the way they are playing right now,

Divine intervention will have to get them into the playoffs this year....

Luckily I believe in GOD and miracles...

Go Skins!!

I think most of the ugliness is coming from a select few, who thrive of stirring up crap when ever the Skins lose.

I feel that most of the board are true fans, that may vent at times... but are still in the Skins corner, and have undying loyality and faith.

I am with all of you on this post, both sides and I will always be a "Believer"

but I do feel bad for the diehard fans that attend home games and spend huge amounts of money only to see their beloved team lose not only close games, but games that they go into the 3rd Qtr leading by as much as 20 pts and to lose these games to mediocore teams. Now I do know that it is an old saying that on any given sunday any team can win or lose, but even the most diehard fan gets to feeling bad when you hear the leader of the team say "I need to learn how to tuck the ball away better" time and time and time again,after giving the opposing team time and time and time again to score points and eventually take the game away from you.

I love the Redskins and always will, but the fact for me is that I am sick of the hearing week after week of we need to get better and each week you get worse..... Coach Gibbs and staff in my opinion need to find players that are willing to go that extra yard and strive to win!!!! that is what they get "PAID" to do!!!! in H.S you played because you loved the game, in College you played for the love of the game and in hopes to possibly go on to the pros.... Well as a "PRO" you get paid to play the game so then it becomes your "JOB" and as loyal fans who spend alot of dollars to pay that salary... I feel we should be allowed to expect better playing and more wins

Rather than start another thread on how bad Redskin fans have become, I'll just make two (unrelated to each other, but related to the thread generally) points here.

1 - This is Gibbs' SECOND YEAR. I said it during Spurrier's tenure, and I'll say it again here. Give coaches three years. You give ANY coach 3 years to show what they can do, and if they show progress through the three years, then you know you've got someone who can make things happen. This is a HOF coach's SECOND YEAR. You give ANY coach 3, I think you can give a HOF coach 3. It's not right to get really frustrated with a team not making the playoffs in a new coach's second year AFTER YEARS OF NOT MAKING THE PLAYOFFS! The way a lot of you guys post, you'd think we were perennial powerhouses before Gibbs came. Are you guys new or something?

2 - The Redskin fan base *has* become worse. Well, let me rephrase, we may have always not been as good as I thought, but the winning years in the 80s masked that. It's easy to be supportive through "bad times" when "bad times" last a few games. When "bad times" last a few seasons, that's much harder. A lot of us have folded. At the first signs of trouble (or, who cares, maybe the 100th sign of trouble) we start to boo and hate on our team. Personally, I don't like that. We've got to be supportive regardless. Being critical, to me, is fine, but always... always... supportive. I'm critical and realistic, but I was out with opposing teams fans (including Giants and Cowboys, ugh) wearing my Redskins stuff after watching Sunday's embarassing game by myself at my place. Always support the team. My personal pet peeve is when fans are critical AT THE GAME. I hate it when we boo decisions the team makes during the game (I haven't seen it as much recently, but I don't like the QB change chants or any of that stuff).

why do I have visions of Animal House every time I see a post like this?....:-)....

these things ebb and flow. the energy does drain after 12 years of constant tease.

winning cures all and that will come - we just don't know when! the uncommitted would have abandonned ship long, long ago.

Archived